DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] Sweet 16: SASHA BANKS vs. NEW DAY

RIPPA

MM16: SASHA BANKS vs. NEW DAY  

124 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

The New Day spent all year saying things that are "booty" are bad.

Sasha Banks is living proof that the New Day are liars.

Do you really want to vote for LIARS?

New Day point out "booty" in the aspect of things being lame. Sasha Banks' "booty" is the biggest booty myth since the perpetration of Jennifer Lopez having a big "booty." 

What Sasha Banks did have as "booty" was her main roster run since getting called up from NXT. 

I do admire Sasha for being willing to take some of the bumps she does on the frame she has.

But then again, some of the bumps Big E takes are nuts for any kind of frame.

Still torn.

I beat Xavier Woods at NFL Blitz at my arcade this year and he was the coolest dude. Gracious with his time, zero ego. Just the best. But, I beat him at a video game, so he's a fraud.

Did he take out his phone at frequent intervals and show you pictures of women's butts completely unprompted?

Nah, he did swear a lot and buy drinks and make fun of all the people hovering around Paige. But also, I beat him at a video game, and he wouldn't let me whip a tennis ball at him afterwards. 

Sasha was also there that night and she was really nice. Vote Sasha.

It took me far too long to figure out what the hell you guys were talking about in regards to banning Woods

I'm more thinking it was El Murpho since he seems like an Alexa Bliss fan

I went with New Day here because they're one of the only entertaining things on Raw while Sasha has gotten a bit lost in the shuffle of the main roster's shitty women's division booking.  She was awesome on NXT but she's just another replaceable cog in WWE.  

Should we also consider the trombone when considering New Day? Because that trombone playing the Final Fantasy victory fanfare was the only time that I enjoyed a segment where Seth Rollins talked.

Not on the level of Banks v. Bayley I or Banks v. Lynch, but just beneath it.

On another note, the Empire State of Mind parody was the Promo of the Year as far as I am concerned.

It took me far too long to figure out what the hell you guys were talking about in regards to banning Woods

I'm more thinking it was El Murpho since he seems like an Alexa Bliss fan

The poster here was a fan of Alexa Bliss' butt. They never said word one about her wrestling.

• Like 1

This is friggin' tough but I have to go Sasha.

New Day are a constant joy. they really work a lot of stuff into their matches -- they have comedy spots, stoodging work, great psychology and creative usage with the "numbers game." Their commitment to being the lamest possible dudes is great and hysterical. They're essentially a commuter college short-form improv team as a wrestling gimmick.

The only time I didn't like The New Day was that one Raw where they decimated a bunch of people at once. I know that sounds counterintuitive but they aren't monsters like The Wyatts or The Shield. They shouldn't be doing that stuff. Thankfully, they only did it for one week before they went back to being cheap shot artists who sneak out wins.

The New Day in their own was are also strangely important and significant. I am going to sound really ridiculous with my argument. But their first gimmick was them doing a New Nation thing (despite their claims to the contrary). Xavier did some commentary work on Main Event when they were messing with the gimmick. He was really friggin' good doing the whole "angry community organizer" bit.

Thankfully, they went in another direction, and then another. Unless I'm missing someone, every stable of African-Americans have always been presented as angry street tough types. I love Doom, but just lumping in black wrestlers together into a role like that is really played and feeds into a racial stereotype. Instead, The New Day became a modern day bWo.They're three dorky dudes without any sort of self-awareness whatsoever who are nailing it. They're essentially playing themselves, but heightening the dorkiness in an attempt to be annoying. It's great they have a gimmick that runs counter to how black wrestlers are usually portrayed.

I'm still going Sasha. Three MOTYs that elevated women's wrestling. A perfect heel foil for Bayley. Drove an Escalade to the ring once.