DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXII

Dolfan in NYC

58 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

So, is there any chance that Seth comes back early and makes a surprise appearance at Mania, leading to a Shield reunion?

Seth Rollins coming back for the sole purpose of helping Reigns win the title might be the thing that finally pushes Reigns to the point of no babyface return.

40 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

So, is there any chance that Seth comes back early and makes a surprise appearance at Mania, leading to a Shield reunion?

I don't see it happening.  Honestly, it wouldn't benefit any of them to do it right now.  And they still haven't reconciled with Rollins over his betrayal.  That reunion is a couple of years away at least.

I would love to see a super heel Reigns destroy the entire roster--with the exception of his one true friend, Dean Ambrose.  Because Dean is his one link left to something normal in their crazy world.  But eventually, Roman loses sight of their friendship and abandons Dean--which would hurt more than any chair shot from Rollins ever could.

Reigns needs a heel turn, or The Shield to get back together THIS YEAR. Nothing else is going to change the reaction he gets from most fans, other than those two things.

I don't see The Shield reunion happening "in a few years". At the earliest, towards the end of the year. At the latest, by next summer.

• Like 1

They have to get to the Shield triple threat match first.  Now that could happen within the next calendar year for sure.

I think the only way the Shield gets back together is if they bring in the Bullet/Balor Club to wreck shop, and the Hounds of Justice are needed to put them in their place.  The re-energized Wyatt Family could be the agents of pure chaos again.

Predictions:

Babyfaces win the Total Divas match. The big surprise is that the match actually goes over 10 minutes. Brie wins at Mania because Bryan can't, but people still like to chant Yes!

Usos can put on a good tag match at Mania. Dudleys can do enough to still earn a paycheck. I'll say Usos in 10, table break is teased but doesn't happen, because such action will get saved for later matches.

Henry wins the Battle Royal, after eliminating Big Show and Kane. You know, the HBK hug of doom vs. Vader/Yokozuna type spot.

Styles beats Jericho. Y2J pulls a JBL and announces he quits. Next night he does his very best to say he really means he's retiring, offers to shake AJ's hand, but it's only to setup Jericho bringing forth his protégé, which would be whatever NXT guy they want to bring up. I'll say Corbin, because I can.

Ryback beats Kallisto in under a minute. Sly tribute to Sheamus vs. Bryan, more so than Bundy vs. Jones. Bell ring. Meathook. Shellshock. Pin.

Owens retains the IC title. Here's where your first table breaks show up.

New Day + Jacqueline, or maybe Francesca in cape and crown taped to a cardboard cutout of the Rock, defeat the League. Nothing match, but expect a ring entrance to be talked about for years.

Ambrose beats Lesnar with help from the Wyatts. The story will be explained next night on RAW that Bray enjoys/respects Dean's level of violence and chaos and just plain doesn't like Brock.

Taker beats Shane. That idea I posted earlier about 37 run ins and Shane winning with one punch? Nah. Taker wins after just a few chokeslams for Shane and the Posse. Shane's just doing his dad a favor because Cena's out of action.

Roman beats HHH. Only suspense here is whether or not HHH's ring entrance takes longer than Taker's does, and the exact nature of the finish.

Becky wins the Divas Title. Charlotte will have her dad at ringside. Sasha will have Snoop. Becky's guest is a mystery to me, but surely she'll bring one, I'll say Finlay for the heck of it, but won't rule out Conan O'Brien. (Middle ground between Jon Stewart and Andy Richter, no less of a stretch than Alex Trebek ever was.) Anyway, they'll actually give this match some time. MOTN for sure. MOTYC a possibility.

On 03/24/2016 at 8:38 PM, Oyaji said:

I'll be happy if/when the Posse arrive and bounce around for Old Man Taker.

I'll only properly Mark out if the MSP come to slovenly job out again.

Divas Title match is the one I'm most looking forward to for sure. I'm thinking Charlotte retains but would love either Becky or Sasha winning. Agreeing that it doesn't seem quite like it's time for Sasha to win the title just yet while Becky's had a few shots now so it would be cool to see her finally win the big one, especially since she never got the NXT title.

Thinking Reigns wins in not necessarily any heel turn but after a Mania 17 style vicious beatdown with a chair. Would love a swerve with HHH retaining at this point though.

Ryback seems just there solely to put Kalisto over IMO. Owens retains in a sea of uninteresting challengers. Styles beats Jericho again. Usos win.

Team Total Divas though could see it going either way, feels like they've been on the losing end more than not. Don't really see Henry winning the battle royal and definitely not Big Show or Kane. There's 4 spots open so still a chance for the 3 Wyatts to be in and Strowman win, but I'll hope for a surprise Randy Orton return.

Ambrose/Lesnar is a toss up but I'll guess Ambrose finally wins a big match for a change. Taker over Shane since as fun/chaotic as the match should be, I can't see this being Undertaker's final WrestleMania match.

Reigns isn't turning heel. Vince is just too stubborn at this point to be proven wrong. The WWE pr machine see Roman as their new Cena. He's the guy who can do all the charity stuff, go to the red carpets, do the interviews, look nice in pictures, probably end up doing 1000 make a wish things. It's all about style over substance at this point. Who cares if he's booed out of the building in front of their biggest crowd ever. They can spin that because "people are free to cheer and boo whom ever they want".

The machine can't be proven wrong.

Though I will say this. Last night on RAW, I thought Roman looked stressed to hell. He had some serious bags under his eyes like he hadnt been sleeping for a while so that isn't a good sign. It's not on him that he's not connecting with people all the time. Sometimes he's great, other times he's not. I just hope the guy gets some sleep. He looked horrible in the face.

Fuck it, I'm going to fantasy book it.

Total Divas vs Bad & Blonde - Brie wins with the Yes Lock (she'll get hers on Monday)

Usos vs Dudleys - Usos

Andre The Giant Battle Royal - One of the Outcasts, because they're the only ones who will take it seriously and sell it when someone breaks the trophy. I mean what's Braun going to do with it?

Ryback/Kallisto - Sin Cara turns on his partner to give Ryback the win, unmasks himself BDK-style, and joins up with Ryback.

Divas Title - I'm actually going to say Lynch would be the best result

IC Ladder Match - Ryback helps Hunico to win the IC Title (yeah, alright never gonna happen - but it's more interesting then whatever they're gonna do)

Lesnar vs Ambrose - Ambrose wins via Wyatt interference

League of Nations vs The New Day - I think The Lads really need to go over with the numbers advantage

Jericho vs Styles - Styles

HHH vs Reigns - Reigns, because because although HHH is kinda interesting as champion right now, I don't think there's actually anywhere to go with it.

Shane vs Taker - Shane goes over, and we get the rumoured roster split shenanigans.

My predictions:

Total Divas vs. Bad and Blonde: Total Divas.

Usos vs. Dudleys: Usos.

WWE United States Championship. Kalisto (c) vs. Ryback: Kalisto.

WWE Intercontinental Championship Ladder match. Kevin Owens (c) vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs.  Zack Ryder vs. Sin Cara vs. The Miz vs. Stardust: Owens retains at KOMania.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Kane. Second pick to win is Mark Henry.

AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho: AJ Styles.

The New Day vs. League of Nations: The New Day pin King Barrett shocker.

WWE Divas Championship. Charlotte (c) vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch: For a while I thought the Boss would win but I'm thinking Becky will as she's never won the big one. The only Four Horsewomen NOT to win the NXT Women's Championship. Looking forward to this one.

No Holds Barred Street Fight. Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose: Brock wins. Ambrose takes a beating before going down for the count. Brock's pushed as a monster. Barbed wire baseball bat teased but won't be used.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns. Reigns wins his THIRD, third already WWE World Heavyweight Championship. WWE had to change the WrestleMania XXX main event but they've stuck to their guns here. My interest in this is the crowd reaction to it, bad for Reigns and the match itself I'm predicting.

Hell in a Cell match. The Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon: This is going to be a clusterfuck spectacle. 'Taker wins but I wouldn't be surprised if Shane O'Mac does.

I only care about the Women's title match (rename the belt, already!)  I'd love to see Sasha win it there and you can have Becky win at Summerslam.  If you want to reverse it I wouldn't mind, but with Snoop there that'd be a cool-ass moment to see him with Sasha the champ.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NickMD said:

I only care about the Women's title match (rename the belt, already!)  I'd love to see Sasha win it there and you can have Becky win at Summerslam.  If you want to reverse it I wouldn't mind, but with Snoop there that'd be a cool-ass moment to see him with Sasha the champ.

I forgot Sasha and Snoopy are related until you reminded me.

Yep, they sure are, and given how he'd take her to shows in the past how cool would it be to see that moment at WM?  I might have voted Bayley in the MM final, but I'm fully voting for Sasha in this match.

• Like 1

You know, this is genius.   What's a way to get 100,000 people not to boo Roman?  

Wear them out with a 6 HOUR CARD!

Jesus.

That being said, an empty stadium match between those two might just be amazing.