DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

Mick Foley nearly shoot kills himself at Hell in a Cell and it's "FOLEY IS GOD"

Mick Foley uses an alternative method to taxidermy in order to preserve a cherished family pet and it's "FOLEY IS MENTALLY UNSTABLE"

They're not mutually exclusive though. Throwing himself off a cage also lead to "FOLEY IS MENTALLY UNSTABLE" comments, while preserving the body of a long dead creature could also lead to "FOLEY IS GOD"

There are not enough likes in a day, available, for me to use here.  Kudos.

Back to the older Raws discussion. One of my favorite Raws was the one the night after In Your House: International Incident, that started off with Shawn Michaels & Ahmed Johnson vs. The Smoking Guns and Sunny ended up covered in Shawn's birthday cake.

Also, the Raw before SummerSlam 98 where the Nation locked DX in the locker room and Shawn came back to save Chyna

He's got to be taking a piss.

.....Right?

Like, in the dog, when no one's watching ... or does this mean something else that I'm not aware of?

This guy was trying to use British slang. But just one wrong word changed the whole dynamic of that sentence. Just like when old people try to use younger people's lingo ("I made a new friend on the facebook")

I might initiate a KickStarter campaign to freezedry Mr. McMahon after his passing (Vishnu forfend) so he can be wheeled out for angles when the ratings dip ad perpetuum. I would vote for Fedora wearing crazy era VKM, with a solenoid tape loop Birotron set-up installed so old familiar phrases like "YEER FIIIRED!!", "Git git git!", "Mr. Socko", "a worthy competitor", et al, would emit at random intervals.

preserve the grapefruits,

RAF

• Like 4

And I never understood what he had against Marc Mero as a worker.

The shots at Mero seem the most mean-spirited, to me.  Like in 'Have A Nice Day' where he says he can't accept a contract that pays him less than Marc Mero, then says he has nothing against Mero, then takes 2-3 more shots at him in the next little while. 

He's got to be taking a piss......Right?

Like, in the dog, when no one's watching ... or does this mean something else that I'm not aware of?
This guy was trying to use British slang. But just one wrong word changed the whole dynamic of that sentence. Just like when old people try to use younger people's lingo ("I made a new friend on the facebook")
Irony is taking the mick would have been much funnier.
  • Like 1

I might initiate a KickStarter campaign to freezedry Mr. McMahon after his passing (Vishnu forfend) so he can be wheeled out for angles when the ratings dip ad perpetuum. I would vote for Fedora wearing crazy era VKM, with a solenoid tape loop Birotron set-up installed so old familiar phrases like "YEER FIIIRED!!", "Git git git!", "Mr. Socko", "a worthy competitor", et al, would emit at random intervals.

preserve the grapefruits,

RAF

Imagine the autopsy report on those things!

Why are we assuming Vince hasn't already made plans to have himself frozen (a la Walt Disney)?

For that matter, why are we assuming he will eventually die?  Vince is both the genetic jackhammer and a big ole carny.  I don't see him doing the job for Death (who, after all, has never drawn a dime for the company).

• Like 6

Fuck, I l

I don't see him doing the job for Death (who, after all, has never drawn a dime for the company).

Fuck, I laughed way harder at that than I should have.

But come to think of it, that's not really true. Tribute shows and tribute videos and the entire "Rey avenges Eddy" angle all made money...

For that matter, why are we assuming he will eventually die?  Vince is both the genetic jackhammer and a big ole carny.  I don't see him doing the job for Death (who, after all, has never drawn a dime for the company).

True, plus he already survived a limo explosion.

The only thing that could finish Vince is if he ever tries to slide into a ring again.

What was the last (original) ECW card in Philadelphia but not at the ECW arena? During the PPV era did they ever consider running a larger arena in the city? Is there anything there in size between the arena and the Spectrum or First Union centre? Seems weird that after their first PPV they never ran another one in their home town.

I went to the WWE Houseshow at the Barclays Center here in Brooklyn earlier. I'm not a fan of the color scheme the building has inside with the Nets colors. It's just all black. I would say the building was about 3/4th's full. A good portion of the Upper and middle sections on the oppoisite side of the building was empty.

Bob Backlund was in the lobby taking pictures with that official WWE fanshot thing. $30 got you on a custom WWE Magazine cover. The guy is a fitness freak of nature for 64. He was in his t-shirt and gym shorts so I thought maybe he would be wrestling or something later in the night. Sadly it was not to be.

Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and even Randy Orton were very over with the kids.

Ambrose vs. RVD was a really good match and the crowd went back and forth between rooting for RVD and Ambrose.

Sammy Zahn and Bo Dallas took on The Real Americans. Several Ole chants broke out and at one point Swagger and Antonio mocked the Ole chants. Bo Dallas seemed technically all right in the match. But I can see how he comes off as bland.

Overall it was very fun and probably the dry run for NOC's next week with several of the matches.