DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

Holy shit! Tonga Kid was 17/18 when he debuted?  He's only 3 years older than Hunter? WTF?

That family tree is blowing my mind.  I had no idea Umaga and Rikishi (and Tama!) were brothers, I just thought everyone was cousins

Triple H as a corrupted by power dickhead trying to wave away his actions with terrible justification is maybe the most perfect development of a wrestling character I've ever seen as it hits the nail so perfectly on public perception of him. Losing the silly hair makes him look even more like an untrustworthy asshole too as it really looks like he'd tell you one thing in a business meeting and the next thing you know, your shop is on fire and you have two broken knees.

If their new thing is that everything is real, and there is no where else to work but WWE, then they should start attaching $ values to victories.

It would make losing streaks mean something (poor Zach Ryder can't even afford a six-pack of Pabst Blue these days). It would explain how Big Show went broke, as he was 2-8 on PPV's last year. 

Well, that was the gimmick up until the end of kayfabe.  Winners got more than losers, and champions made more than anyone.  Why was the Heavyweight Title the #1 title?  Because being the World champ paid more than the US/IC/whatever champ. 

Oh shit yeah, Haku! I'd put Rock behind Fatu and Haku. And I think if Umaga had lived longer, rock would be behind him too.

So maybe we should first define what you mean by "best." The Rock is the clear cut most successful. As far as the actual craft is concerned, as in the bell-to-bell, that's kind of subjective.