DVDVR Message Board

Sept Wrestling Jibber Jabber Thread

RIPPA

What was the deal with the Cole twins from WCW? They have popped up on WWE classics on demand lately and I've wondered why they never got a push. The only thing I know about them is that apparently they confirmd Raven's theory of working legs in the gym. Outside of their ridiculous hybrid mullet/rat tail haircut, they had good size and seemed more than capable in the ring. They would have faired well in the WWE tag division of the early to mid 90's IMO.

Whoa, what is this theory?
Raven thinks working your legs is pointless and used the Cole twins as an example. One of them had a leg injury and could only work upper body. After a few months of injury recovery his legs were still the same size as his brothers, who had been working legs the entire time.

And besides you can always get calf implants, like Bagwell.

Raven thinks working your legs is pointless and used the Cole twins as an example. One of them had a leg injury and could only work upper body. After a few months of injury recovery his legs were still the same size as his brothers, who had been working legs the entire time.

I've heard a bunch of people in wrestling say hindu squats are mostly detrimental (especially in Gotch Bible quantities), but it's one of those things where you can find at least ten sources firmly supporting every possible position on the issue.

I can't find an actual promo thread other than the BAD promo one, but I just wanted to share:

One of my favorite promos of all time which recently made its triumphant return to the internet. (When I saw it back in the day I had no concept of video download addons, so when it got took down I lost access to it. I'm fucking giddy is what I'm trying to say.)

• Like 1

The thing that always confused me with the Boss Man/Mountie feud is that neither of them had any authority to arrest the other leading to the Hard Times match. The Mountie was way out of his jurisdiction, heck not even in the right country, whilst Boss Man wasn't even a policeman.

Well The Bossman was a Corrections Officer and as such he was probably part of the national union of CO's so at least for him, the NYC CO's were his brother's in solidarity.

I've heard a bunch of people in wrestling say hindu squats are mostly detrimental (especially in Gotch Bible quantities), but it's one of those things where you can find at least ten sources firmly supporting every possible position on the issue.

Were those the squats that Austin Aries made that one ROH wrestling school student until he - if I remember the news article correctly - "pissed muscle tissue?"  (Which, still, when I think about it ... I don't see how that works.)

I think the Mountie would have had more jurisdiction than Bossman, for sure.  I think had Bossman's history of prisoner abuse had come out in time for that match, he would have been taken directly TO jail.

The Bossman's history of prisoner abuse?!?!?!

How about the Mountie's?

That's some Abu Ghraib Zero Dark Thirty shit right there, man.

Bossman wasn't a defenseless inmate like Nailz though.  Heenan was right, Bossman would have kicked the shit out of Mountie with that nightstick, if given the chance.

Calf implants. Butt implants. Pec implants. The only guys who actually still go to the gym are marks.

The Rock had all 3 done and still works out.  What a maroon.

Were those the squats that Austin Aries made that one ROH wrestling school student until he - if I remember the news article correctly - "pissed muscle tissue?"  (Which, still, when I think about it ... I don't see how that works.)

Yes, that also happened Daivari, the pissing muscle tissue part.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhabdomyolysis

It's the perfect storm of exercise-induced medical conditions. A lot of contributing factors combined with doing way too much physical exertion, and ignoring every single warning sign your body throws at you.

And if you're going to be a mark and work out, then you've got to do it right like this: http://instagram.com/p/deie9moh6f/

• Like 1

It was Benoit & Daivari

You know the drill...I'm sorry...just don't expect these often I guess! Mania was awesome!  

You should know what happened by now. I've become an active wrestler in the WWE roster it seems. 

I hope I haven't disappointed anyone yet. Now I'm gonna tell you a quick horror story about myself in Europe.

Chris Benoit and Rob Conway warm up before the matches by doing free standing Hindu squats. They usually 

do about 500 a piece. It took them some time to build up to that many. The average person can do about 20 

before cramping up. Someone in decent shape can do about 75-100. I wanted to give it a try so I went for it

and I did about 400...the last 75 were total crap with me using every ounce of my existence to get back up

so I'll say 325. The next day I couldn't even walk! I was so sore and tense in my legs that I couldn't bend

my knees past 45 degrees, and as the day went on my range of motion got less and less. Two days later

was RAW and I couldn't even bend my legs at all! Don't ask me how, because I don't know, but adrenaline

is a crazy thing and I ended up working a tag match which you saw on TV. I hobbled back to the locker room

and took a piss and to my amazement it was red. The next day I was in even

more pain and sick as hell. I puked about 5 times. I was managing

Mohammad and got through another day. Came back to the locker room

and my pee was blackish-brown. Like Dr. Pepper. Gave a sample to the

doctor and he ran some tests on it and got back to me the next day

turns out the red then eventually black was the actual muscle

fiber in my legs! They had been broken down so

much they traveled into my blood stream

got to my kidneys and I ended

up pissing it out. That's

why i was so sick.

Now I feel better after a 

couple days, just legs are 

really sore. 

And that was my trip to Europe!

In other news, Christian is out with a concussion.

FWIW, the idea behind the man-sized portions of free squats is to build up endurance strength, not "power" or "bulk".  The idea is that if you can do 500 of 1000 squats, then you will never lose your legs during a match. 

This was much more important back when matches were longer than 5 minutes. 

I'm backing up here, but, and maybe this is just my inherent leftism, but I just cannot understand how a repo man could ever be a babyface gimmick, especially in bad economic times.  It just boggles my fragile mind.

• Like 1

I'm backing up here, but, and maybe this is just my inherent leftism, but I just cannot understand how a repo man could ever be a babyface gimmick, especially in bad economic times.  It just boggles my fragile mind.

To continue this, it surprises me then that Vince never turned him face. He is just trying to protect the honest people.

YOU On Demand Announces Appointment of Weicheng Liu as CEO; Shane McMahon Remains Chairman

NEW YORK, July 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- YOU On Demand Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: YOD) ("YOU On Demand" or the "Company"), the first national Video On Demand (VOD) platform in China, is pleased to announce that Mr. Weicheng Liu, in conjunction with the recently announced closing of the strategic investment from Chinese mobile video service provider C Media ("C Media"), was appointed as the Company's Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Shane McMahon, who voluntarily stepped down as CEO of the Company, will continue to serve as YOD's principal executive officer of and Chairman of the Board.

Commenting on the announcement, Mr. McMahon said, "Weicheng has been instrumental in YOU On Demand's initial success and has done a wonderful job as the Company's China-based CEO. As our operations and footprint continue to expand throughout China, it is essential that the role of the CEO be located within the PRC for both strategic and operational reasons. Weicheng is both a remarkable person and leader and I look forward to continuing to build the YOU On Demand brand with him. With Weicheng's new role, along with C Media's strategic investment in the company and their expertise in the market, I am very excited about the future for YOU On Demand."

Mr. Liu stated, "I am very excited and appreciative to have been named as CEO of YOU On Demand. Along with many others in the Company, Shane and I have worked very hard over the past three years in creating YOU On Demand and I am very optimistic about our future success. We have tremendous potential to continue our creation of a unique, multi-tiered distribution platform that will deliver a wide array of entertainment content. The Chinese media market is changing quickly and we are focused on continuing to adapt in order to best serve its consumers.

Repo guy and tax man really do seem like characters that you could never book as faces in pro wrestling. What's more unlikeable than guys whose job it is to take your stuff? How do you put a good spin on that characterwise?

Along those lines, I'm surprised Vince never ran a "divorce lawyer" or "insurance claims adjuster" gimmick in the 90s.