DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] 3RB: EMMA vs. PENTAGON JR

RIPPA

MM16: 3rd RDB - EMMA vs. PENTAGON JR  

106 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Both of them are very good at what they do. I think Emma's level of difficulty, her improvement, her consistency, and how she has accomplished what she was asked to do puts her over the top. Pentagon has the mask and the facepaint. He has presence, absolutely, but Emma's out there with her past as a bubble-popper Santino buddy, and she's consistently effective in a much more difficult role where she has to balance viciousness, vulnerability, and disdain. There's a lot to what she's doing right now, and she's doing it well, with nuance. Pentagon just doesn't have nearly as complex or complicated a role to play. He's cool, but far more one-dimensional.

She's willingly dating Zach Ryder. That's got to cost someone some votes.

I could post her photos from her vacation with Zack and I am pretty sure that would get her votes back

Pentagon lit someone on fire this year. Did Emma? Vote Pentagon.

Importantly, it was Vampiro. The only thing better would be if it was Konnan.

Vampiro is still on my TV screen which means he didn't get the job done

Points in Emma's favor

• Like 1

I could post her photos from her vacation with Zack and I am pretty sure that would get her votes back

...at the risk of damage to my bracket, I feel we should test this theory.

For science.

...at the risk of damage to my bracket, I feel we should test this theory.

For science.

Emma's Instagram Page

Emma's become one of my favourite wrestlers this year. I accept that she may not have the stronger resume but she's been killer on the mic and in segments, great in-ring, and totally unselfish in putting over whoever she's asked in a way that makes them both look good. As I said last match, I don't know if Asuka works without Emma's willingness to be terrified of her the whole way.

Pentagon lit someone on fire this year. Did Emma? Vote Pentagon.

Importantly, it was Vampiro. The only thing better would be if it was Konnan.

If you're gonna light an announcer on fire and decide against torching Matt Striker, we've got a serious disconnect. 

• Like 3

Emma's become one of my favourite wrestlers this year. I accept that she may not have the stronger resume but she's been killer on the mic and in segments, great in-ring, and totally unselfish in putting over whoever she's asked in a way that makes them both look good. As I said last match, I don't know if Asuka works without Emma's willingness to be terrified of her the whole way.

Heh. "Willingness".

You guys aren't going on this journey with me, huh?

I'm not pushing heavily this round due to tromataker's RL stuff. It feels below the belt. But I do more or less believe what I said above.

I will say that his actual matches are the least appealing aspect of Pentagon's game, for me.

I don't think he's a bad wrestler by any means, his matches just feel underwhelming in comparison to everything else he does that is awesome.