DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] 3RB: CESARO vs. BAYLEY

RIPPA

MM16: 3rd RDB - CESARO vs. BAYLEY  

122 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

If this was a shut out my day would be made.  

Name one good Cesaro promo. I won't even restrict it to the voting period because that would be impossible.  Name one good Cesaro promo in his entire career.

• Like 1

I LOVE Cesaro.

However...

This is Bayley. She may very well run the tables and win this entire thing. That's how on point she's been at just about everything.

Bayley wins this round easily.

CESARO: Perfectly cast as an in-ring behemoth who the fans rally behind and can't quite get over the hump. He's a great upper mid-card act over on ring work alone, because he faces the limitation of not being a good promo despite having a super fun personality.

BAYLEY: The centerpiece of an amazing stretch of professional wrestling. She's been in historically important matches. She's carried a bunch of green wrestlers to career best matches. I think she's had everyone connected with NXT's career best match, save for Becky Lynch. She's managed to find a way to not just overcome her weaknesses -- her physical awkwardness -- but make it an asset. She's probably the best worker in NXT right now and an elite storyteller.

• Like 1

I think if it was the Kidd/Cesaro team, I'd have found this a harder vote. Tyson Kidd's sudden personality transplant helped make Cesaro feel more interesting as a personality too. He was still the least charismatic member of a stable that featured Natalya, but they were a great unit. The New Day matches were a lot of fun.

I mean, I'd still have voted Bayley, but i'd have debated for a few seconds longer.

so bayley vs sasha final then?

Eh - there are about 4 or 5 people I could see winning.

That being said - of those two - Bayley has the "easier" path to the Finals

Of course - the board can be infuriating at times so who knows

• Like 1

I don't see much for Bayley outside of the two Sasha matches. Cesaro has a whole bunch of great matches with a much bigger variety of opponents.

I recall enjoying Cesaro on MizTV with Owens. Are there good Bayley promos? The only thing I can think of that would even come up is the contract signing with Sasha, which was far more Sasha imo.

• Like 1

Bayley is the hottest, most genuine face I can remember in years, if ever. She's also become an amazing face worker, dragging great matches out of Eva Marie and Carmella, guiding Alexa and Nia Jax to great work as well, and having two classics, my #1 and #2 matches of the year with Sasha. I mean, that last point alone puts her over Cesaro this year who spent a bunch of time out and whose best work didn't touch Bayley's best. Another year this could go different but this was Bayley's year.

Cesaro literally carried ZZ to a watchable match on live TV.

They needed someone who could have matches with untrained goofs on live TV without destroying his own credibility and Cesaro was that man. He missed his calling destroying pasty job guys at Techwood studio.

• Like 3