DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R3B: DAVE MASTIFF vs. MIL MUERTES

RIPPA

MM16: 3rd RDB - DAVE MASTIFF vs. MIL MUERTES  

85 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

This is surprisingly tough.  Mastif is a beast of a man and super fun to watch.  While I heard Mesias has improved in AAA, him as Mil has really brought something special out of him.  He gets the role and plays it up super well.  I credit a lot of that to him, but also to the presentation of Mil Muertes put in place by the producers/editors.  If he went solely on his wrestling would he still be presented as the Goro-type character that he appears to be? Would he still be as special?  With Mastiff for the most part how special and awesome he is has been largely from what he puts into it.  And he's worked his way up to the point that he can be seen as special, and doesn't need slick videos to present that for him.

I love both, but am not quite going to vote yet.  Mil's been a slam dunk vote so far, but I'm having a hard time voting him over Dave.  Will need to think about this.

See Mil's match against Ivelisse from the second season premiere to get a great sense of how good he is at portraying an aura of menace while still giving just the right amount of offense to his opponent. I popped for the inside cradle (i think that's what it was) nearfall.