DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R3A: ROMAN REIGNS vs. BIFF BUSICK

RIPPA

[MM16] 3rd RDA: ROMAN REIGNS vs. BIFF BUSICK  

109 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

I am pretty forgiving of Roman considering what he had to put up with.  I wish good things for him and feel with the right direction can be the badass star he should be.

But no way will I vote him over Busick, it just seems wrong to me.

How many people have had March Madness highlights against Miz?  There was the Cesaro Swing into the wall, Brock throwing a sofa at him, and now Roman's punch.

I voted Biff because he looks a lot like this new NXT guy named Chris Girard, and I vote for all the NXT guys...

I almost threw Roman a sympathy vote because he's had to put up with so much bad booking and the #PoliticalHit, but then I thought about a guy like Rusev who has excelled despite such booking.  Suddenly, my sympathy was gone.

How many people have had March Madness highlights against Miz?  There was the Cesaro Swing into the wall, Brock throwing a sofa at him, and now Roman's punch.

I feel like Kofi knocking him out would have been used in years past in support of Kofi

• Like 1

I feel like Kofi knocking him out would have been used in years past in support of Kofi

hn31uD.gif

NrCmv.gif

iu8hHnr.gif

• Like 1

I know this is a minority opinion but I've hit a point where Roman is one of my favourite guys to watch. He puts together matches smartly and knows how to pace out nearfalls and exciting finishing stretches without nerfing bombs and finishers. At a time when WWE is starting to look like a mid 2000s indie with all the finisher killing, I super appreciate that. Hated the Wyatt feud but loved the matches, thought his WWE Title tournament matches were great in a time when I found ADR unwatchable, his Mania match with Brock last year was killer, and they lit it up again in the triple threat this year at Fast Lane.

Honestly I just super dig his work even as his push is maddeningly bad.

Full disclosure though, I have also not seen a ton of Biff.

• Like 2

I voted Roman because not only has he been good-great in ring for a bulk of the year, he also is a guy who provokes what I feel is a kind of fascinating discussion of how to succeed in pro wrestling. This may seem sarcastic, but I love all the talk and think pieces and psychoanalysis about his push and him getting rammed to the top no matter what we think. It's just something I don't think I've ever seen to this level.

But also, he's good at wrestling.

I thought that Reigns being good in the ring was accepted in places where people with notoriously terrible opinions band together (like Cageside Seats and Wreddit), much less boards like this one.

I don't think that Reigns being really good is such a controversial statement.

I don't think this, but quite a few people thought it was WWE MotY. As I recall, the guys on the PWO post-PPV podcast were high on it and had it pegged as the best WM match ever, for example. It got massive praise.

Reigns was in the MOTY and it certainly wasn't a carry job. He can go. But I felt Busick's resume is a little stronger and Roman isn't cutting cool/concise promos anymore to no fault of his own.

Wait, what? That was never a thing.

Roman is fine in the ring but he's incredibly formulaic and his selling has only matched his character a few times (the smiling, but to be fair that would get old fast) and the match structures don't really echo that he's a bad ass either. He sits around selling for 80-90% of the match.

Biff Busick showed more intensity in a glorified squash debut in NXT than Roman's shown since the Shield breakup. One guy I believe is in a competition the other is play acting.

I was having a hard time deciding until that Sasha pic. Reigns started out really strong this year, and then was just kind of there. In a stretch where he was being asked to step up, and get ready to be the company ace I thought he was ok. He doesn't really bring anything to the table besides the bell to bell stuff, and I don't think he's better at that than Biff.