DVDVR Message Board

[SEPTEMBER] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

Territorial

I always liked Barry.  He is exactly what a wrestler should be, over the top with his mannerisms.  Personally, I've loved all his gimmicks and he's been very well rounded.

"Well rounded" is an apt description judging by that photo.

• Like 3

Some notes from that, he got the Akeem hat because some dude in the crowd came dressed in the full Akeem dashiki.

If I'm not mistaken, they wanted Gang to come out as Akeem for the Gimmick Battle Royal on that one WrestleMania, but he had dropped so much weight, the outfit didn't fit anymore.  I also remember Joey Styles mentioning that in ECW they were calling it the 727 splash because of the weight loss as well.

Weird thing to notice I guess, and I've never noticed it before, but looking at Piper and Warrior, is it common for wrestlers to wear their wedding rings when working?

Some do, most don't.  Guys that do tend to tape them down on the finger so that they are hidden/tied down/protected. 

Guys that don't usually do it because they don't wanna potato a guy with a ring on by accident, or they fear having it coem off in the ring and rolling away.  And yes, some don't want the rats to know they are married.

• Like 1

Some notes from that, he got the Akeem hat because some dude in the crowd came dressed in the full Akeem dashiki.

If I'm not mistaken, they wanted Gang to come out as Akeem for the Gimmick Battle Royal on that one WrestleMania, but he had dropped so much weight, the outfit didn't fit anymore.  I also remember Joey Styles mentioning that in ECW they were calling it the 727 splash because of the weight loss as well.

Love the ref marking out. Good stuff.

Weird thing to notice I guess, and I've never noticed it before, but looking at Piper and Warrior, is it common for wrestlers to wear their wedding rings when working?

Some do, most don't.  Guys that do tend to tape them down on the finger so that they are hidden/tied down/protected. 

Guys that don't usually do it because they don't wanna potato a guy with a ring on by accident, or they fear having it coem off in the ring and rolling away.  And yes, some don't want the rats to know they are married.

I find it amusing that there is apparently someone out there totally willing to bone some wrestler she saw at an indy show but only if he's single. 

Yeah he was on a ton of ECW house shows in 98/99. He had good matches every time out. He had a house show match with Shane Douglas I enjoyed. Heyman had a severe case of big timers disease and never used Gang right. Personally I would have had him beat up Bam Bam and took his place in the Triple Threat. It is a shame that OMG never got a real run after WCW. Guy was huge with a great look and could bump like crazy while bleeding buckets. He had a tryout with Vince in 98 and they passed on him. I would have loved Gang and Bossman as Vince's enforcers. 

Out of all the different places that I could have seen a house show match between One Man Gang and Tommy Rogers, the fact that I saw it at an ECW house show is still kind of weird and fucked up to me. Lansing, Michigan in January 1999. And that crowd was REALLY into One Man Gang that night for some reason, he was getting face pops for literally every move he made. He did that thing where he raises his fist in the air, goes "huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!!!!" and damn near everyone in the building did it with him. One of the more surreal experiences I've had as a fan at a live show.