DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 - WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

So, we had a brief discussion about Luke Harper which led to all of this injury/house show talk... he's apparently out for around 6 months.

At this point we should just start an omnibus injury thread because it's inevitable.

I don't know if there's such a thing as a "good injury," but much like Seth Rollins, it's not hard to imagine how Harper's injury could help him in the future. The Wyatt Family is a dead end, and Harper is possibly the most under-utilized guy on the roster. Perhaps in 6 months, the Wyatt Family will be dispersed again, or they'll realize that nearly any warm body could fill Harper's current role, leaving Harper to do something else when he returns. The time off tv is built-in cover for character change or a full gimmick overhaul, as he can say he had a lot of time for introspection or no contact from Bray or whatever. They missed the boat on him last year, but now they have a chance to still get max value from him. They'd be crazy to not try something different.

Of course, that means he'll come back as a surprise run-in to help Bray beat whoever in the first of a 3-ppv series then stand in the background during promos and occasionally wrestle on Main Event.

9 hours ago, turk128 said:

Interesting interview, thanks for sharing. Charlotte seems pretty smart and self-aware about playing up some of the negative things people think about her in order to get more heat. They thought putting Ric with her would help her get cheered more but she knew otherwise and just started being as obnoxious as possible on screen until they turned her heel.

I am lucky enough to be off for Why We Wrestle's Hardcore Hell show tonight at the Church of Southern Wrestling in Cornelia, GA. The first Why We Wrestle champions will be crowned and MASADA~! TAKE MY MONEY!

Dean is not the only person in wrestling to show off his kids for no reason...PROMO~!

The Reverend Dan Wilson is BACK TONIGHT~!

Edited by Brisco
VIDEOS~!

Saint should be in the HOF. Maybe he will go in, if WrestleMania is ever in London. Might be the only way any British guys do get in.

My class for the HOF that year:

British Bulldogs

William Regal

Lord Alfred Hayes

Johnny Saint

Mark Rollerball Rocco

Big Daddy

Giant Haystacks

Kendo Nagasaki

Kent Walton

Chris Adams

Mick McManus

Jackie Mr TV Pallo

Fit Finlay

Ceremony to be held at the Royal Albert Hall.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

What's the over/under on Michael Hayes saying the Freebirds are blacker than The New Day in his acceptance speech?

Please let Michael be hammered before he gets the mic, please let Michael be hammered before he gets the mic, please let Michael be hammered before he gets the mic...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Big Fresh said:

I didn't realize Johnny Saint was at the Performance Center recently. That's gnarly!

Have they started shooting the next season of Breaking Ground already? Because if they did, his visit would definitely be included.

doesn't someone here write for Fighting Spirit magazine? Joe Lanza on Twitter (and I guess he works for FS magazine) is saying that something big is about to break in regards to a personal story about a talent. Now, I know, this is Wreddit talk, but a lot of people assume it's about Daniel Bryan and him pulling out of those house show dates and Axxess.

https://twitter.com/JoeMLanza/status/714234169019109376

https://twitter.com/JoeMLanza/status/714236109132156928

https://twitter.com/JoeMLanza/status/714236711492911104

Why or how could it be about DB? What could be so bad involving him? As far as we know, DB took the time off for himself and that's it. I just fail to see what other awful thing could he be wrapped up in. I say this hoping that it's not something like it was known for years that DB's brain was totally fucked and they just let him wrestle anyway, or that his health is in even worse shape. When he first took the time off, I worried that things weren't going well between him and Brie, but that doesn't seem likely at all since she's still retiring.

Just caught a bit of last year's Mania. Given Daniel Bryan's health issues, why the hell did they book the ending of the IC ladder match to be a headbutting duel between DB and Ziggler?? That was so uncomfortable to watch.

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

Just caught a bit of last year's Mania. Given Daniel Bryan's health issues, why the hell did they book the ending of the IC ladder match to be a headbutting duel between DB and Ziggler?? That was so uncomfortable to watch.

Weren't they just headbutting each others shoulder?  That doesn't seem as dangerous.