DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 - WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

has there ever been a wrestler less interesting than Van Hammer? the dude has been through a number of gimmicks, was generally pushed to some extent, but was just bland as hell. i couldn't name a single memorable match or promo he was part of.

has there ever been a wrestler less interesting than Van Hammer? the dude has been through a number of gimmicks, was generally pushed to some extent, but was just bland as hell. i couldn't name a single memorable match or promo he was part of.

PN News?

Kevin Nash, Mick Foley, and RVD are also doing it from what I understand.

"Doctor, we can't tell where the brain damage due to weed ends and the brain damage due to folding chairs begins."

then there's Dr. Lester Grinspoon, a Harvard professor, who actually agrees with RVD and is trying to get the NFL commissioner to consider allowing players in the league to use medical marijuana and fund a study (because the government won't do it).

• Like 1

Tom Brandi/Johnny Gun/Sal Sincere?

• Like 1

Does Randy Orton count? Even with all the great matches, he's not that interesting.

• Like 1

So with Johnny Mundo dissing Reigns and Rikishi pointing out Roman has already done more than Johnny has career to career, people are saying "Boo Roman Mundo is real wrestler" on Rikishi's Facebook.

Now. Morrison is so clearly a spot guy who can be carried by the right dude and only even puts full effort half the time. But looking back, I can't even peg what matches got him labelled as a smark superworker. Some of the Punk ones, Sheamus, and what? Where did the myth of Johnny Mundo: Superworker come from? Because as it is I can think of more great Roman matches from last year than from Mundo's whole career.

For me it was the Miz/Morrison team, though you could argue Miz carried that.   Just thought they were really, really good together and if it was a better time they would have been a longtime team.

• Like 1

Morrison had a string of good matches in '09 with guys like Rey, Jericho, Bourne, and Edge to go along with the Punk ones.

So pretty much 100% working with better wrestlers then. I guess questionably on 09 Edge, but still.

The counter here is that I can't really think of any good to great carry jobs by Roman either.

I think the issue would be more along the lines of if Dean Cain was having a hissy fit about Ben Affleck.

You think this exact thing doesn't happen with actors? Trust me, it does. Right now, an actor or actress whose name you know is bitching about another actor or actress whose name you also know being a talentless hack.