DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 - WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

If you think $115 million is a lot, wait a few years until Hogan has some time to apply his HulkArithmetic to it. I can see the shoot interview now, "brother, the most important moment of my personal life was when I awarded $978 million for beating Gawker. We broke all the records with that one, dude."

• Like 1

If you think $115 million is a lot, wait a few years until Hogan has some time to apply his HulkArithmetic to it. I can see the shoot interview now, "brother, the most important moment of my personal life was when the US Supreme Court awarded me $978 million for beating Gawker. We broke all the records with that one, dude and Justice Scalia died hours later."

FTFY

• Like 5

The most telling thing about this is right now when Gawker is more famous than they've ever been, you go on their site and there isn't a single thing about today's events.  Apparently they'll kick anyone when they're down.  But when it's themselves? They literally are one of the biggest news stories today, and because now they are on the other side, they won't even cover it.  I can't stand either side of this, but if this is how they handle it, I'm glad they lost.

The term SMW baby face somehow reminds me of when I met Cactus Jack at a SMW house show. He wasn't allowed to sign autographs unless people bought something. For folks that didn't look like they wanted to part with 20 bucks for one of his old WCW shirts, he suggested picking up the autographed Tammy Sytch 8 x 10s. I may not be exactly right in remembering what he said, but it was something to the effect of, "Only 5 bucks. Great ass shot."

I didn't really have a point in sharing that, except to say I like sites where such stories can be shared.

So, where were we? Oh yeah, Hogan. Seriously, I think by the time I hit the post button, he'll have already been offered to buy in to 3 promotions. Not so seriously? Him and Bushwhacker Luke vs ReDragon at ROH Final Battle 2016.

• Like 3

If he actually lives to walk away with the money he should disappear and start over. I'm imagining that famous Spider-Man cover, but instead it's a trash can full of bandanas, skullet hair extensions, and Pastamania menus.

• Like 3

Dixie Carter tweeted congratulations to Sting on his retirement..... except she tagged the wrong Sting.

How can someone who runs a (theoretically at least) large corporate entity (yeah I know, TNA...) be so god damned bad at doing anything internet related?

Dixie Carter tweeted congratulations to Sting on his retirement..... except she tagged the wrong Sting.

I don't follow Twitter and I haven't seen this anywhere else.  Is this a joke or did she really tag someone besides Steve Borden?  NWO Sting?  Gordon Sumner?  Someone's pet scorpion named Sting?

With Dixie, the possibilities are endless.

Apparently the cause for it was her Instagram and Twitter are linked, so she tagged Sting correctly on Instagram but when it auto-posted to Twitter, someone else has that name... Or something. It's still funny. And she hasn't fixed it yet.

The most telling thing about this is right now when Gawker is more famous than they've ever been, you go on their site and there isn't a single thing about today's events.  Apparently they'll kick anyone when they're down.  But when it's themselves? They literally are one of the biggest news stories today, and because now they are on the other side, they won't even cover it.  I can't stand either side of this, but if this is how they handle it, I'm glad they lost.

I like gawker, it entertains me. However I was extremely disappointed they wouldn't touch the story. I mean talk about having access to all the inside information on a story.

They had posts on it everyday inviting people to watch a livestream of the trial. They kinda fucked up by plastering ads all over those posts and claiming otherwise when it was brought up in the trial.