DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 - WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Pretty cut and dry case and the testimony of the former editor who basically said any sex tape was open for publication, including of kids above 4 years old was a killer. 

People understand privacy and they want privacy. 

Hulk went through a lot of shit, some of his own making and some that wasn't, so glad he came out and stuck it to them. 

That said, I love Deadspin so would hate if this causes Gawker to shutter itself. 

• Like 1

When I was 19 I went to the local boys and girls club and signed up for judo.  Everyone was cool except for this 130 pound yellow belt.  Most of the people were trying to take it easy on me and not rough me up too much, but he threw me around like a rag doll.  At the time I was about 180 lbs. of pure bred American beef and was in better shape than I was in when I was a high school running back.  So one time he goes for a Tomoe Nage, which looks like this...tomoe_nage.gif

As a yellow belt, this wasn't a throw he was good at.  So when he put his foot on my hip, I hooked his leg under his knee and hit that bitch with a fisherman's suplex. 

• Like 1

Our own Zac Fu does the shadow cast for REPO: Genetic Opera here in Toledo as the Repo Man. He has very cleverly managed to sneak a few wrestling moves into his fight scenes. now and then

James

The guy who originally started Repo shadowcasting would incorporate wrestling into a LOT of bits.

I have no idea why any of us thought this was a good idea, but in a beginning theater class in high school, I took a DDT on the fucking cement floor and two of us picked up the third kid and threw him through a table. Not a wrestling table, but a poker table of sorts and that fucker was sturdy. The assignment was stage fighting and so we decided to do wrestling shit in the context of a fight that would break out at a poker table in an old west saloon.

We got an A, but the teacher was pissed we broke her table.

In drama class in high school, I was the tallest kid in the class, so when we did stage fighting, I got paired off with the second tallest, a moderately attractive girl. If you're wondering what move I did on her, I'll have you know I was a perfect gentleman!

I had her improvise a crotch kick followed by her grabbing my arm and me taking a front bump as she spun around with my arm. Now, when it comes time to perform this, I'm still selling the punch that was supposed to come before the kick when it's apparent she has no idea what to do next. Thinking quickly, I wave my arm at her while staggering a bit, and she remembers that part and I flip forward into my back.

Teacher gave us a B, marking me down for "recklessness".

It's unbelievable how incompetent everybody from both sides came off.

Hogan was obviously in the right but he was still up there with his stupid court bandana perjuring himself over WrestleMania 3 and babbling about his character's penis while his lawyer yelled at people like an insane person.

Such a clown show.

Well Bubba was right. The tape was gonna make a lot of money. Just not for him. Seriously though good for Hulk. Gawker is a piece of shit website and their editor sunk any defense they had when he went up on the stand was acting like the dick that he is. I mean he had the balls to say in open court that if he got a sex tape of President Obama and Michelle, it wouldn't be that important to run.

On the serious side this gonna get appealed. He won't actually get that $115 million. But he'll still own the website when this is over....DUDE.

• Like 1

When I was 10 I headbutted my sister, but I did it exaggerated WWF style. Like JYD. Rear way back with the head and then I drove my forehead into hers as hard as I could. She cried, but I hurt myself too. I wasn't allowed to watch wrestling for a while after that,

Many years later, a friend of mine had to some major work to the low-rider truck he owned so he bought a run down piece of shit to drive around in until he finished the work. I think he only paid $250 for it and this was like 13 years ago (but it did run). Anyway he decides he doesn't want to bother trying to sell the junker to somebody else, he's just gonna scrap it. Before he does, he told everyone at work (we were both working together at a Jiffy Lube) that we could beat the shit out of the car if we wanted. A lot of guys kicked the doors, stuff like that. Me? I climb up onto the roof of my truck, do the Macho Man finger point thing, jump off and execute a picture perfect Macho Man elbowdrop onto the roof of his car. It hurt like shit, but I got a good pop.

• Like 2

I'm not crazy about Hogan, but if there is a babyface in that story, it's still him. Racist, Scumbag, and whatever, sure, but Gawker is clearly the bigger evil, and if it gets them shut down, then fucking great.

He's just a SMW baby face?

• Like 5