DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 - WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

My only two stories (and I think I've shared them before) are awful. One time three kids jumped me on the track in junior high and powerbombed me on the fucking track. They ran away because they thought they fucked me up, and they did; my shoulder was a wreck for months. Like the stoic I am I never told anyone and trucked on like always. There's a reason I don't like most people.

Was one of them emo-looking and another a big samoan?

• Like 4

I have no idea why any of us thought this was a good idea, but in a beginning theater class in high school, I took a DDT on the fucking cement floor and two of us picked up the third kid and threw him through a table. Not a wrestling table, but a poker table of sorts and that fucker was sturdy. The assignment was stage fighting and so we decided to do wrestling shit in the context of a fight that would break out at a poker table in an old west saloon.

We got an A, but the teacher was pissed we broke her table.

• Like 1

My only two stories (and I think I've shared them before) are awful. One time three kids jumped me on the track in junior high and powerbombed me on the fucking track. They ran away because they thought they fucked me up, and they did; my shoulder was a wreck for months. Like the stoic I am I never told anyone and trucked on like always. There's a reason I don't like most people.

And was the other homeless? 

• Like 3

And was the other homeless? 

...and did he master your titties?

• Like 3

I played Judah in 11th grade in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and when I threw Joseph into the pit (which in this case was literally the orchestra pit) I would hit him with a side backbreaker like Warlord used to do when I first picked him up, then stand back up to carry him over to the pit.

• Like 1

Our own Zac Fu does the shadow cast for REPO: Genetic Opera here in Toledo as the Repo Man. He has very cleverly managed to sneak a few wrestling moves into his fight scenes. now and then

James

• Like 1

I was with a girlfriend in college; I got behind her* and put a Cobra Clutch on her OUTTANOWHERE, she thought that shit was hilarious. We had a grand time.

*Yes. Exactly that.

ETA: Reminded me of a different girlfriend, but I did a Regal stretch once that way. I mean, minus the leglock.

Spoilered for decency:

I wanted to fuck her, not kill her.

• Like 1

Roman Reigns ‏@WWERomanReigns 5h5 hours ago

Looks like your sex life is going to struggle!! #fool

Ryan Leaf @Chief_BigCat
do you hear how everyone boos you if you win the wwe championship I'll break all my fingers you're a terrible wrestler @WWERomanReigns

If Reigns did more of this on TV, the hate would subside.

I didn't think that Ryan Leaf could fall farther than his time in prison, but, there you go... (aware it's unlikely to actually be him.)

I have a ton of wrestling move stories, up to current day, and I'm 33. Part of it is because my brother and I are fans, but I'm pretty much a nerd, so... Anyway, the best one is probably the time some friends and I were drunk, at a party, in a hotel room, and start having a battle royale. I went up top (a ledge next to a bed) for a frog splash, only to jump right into the edge of the ceiling where it changed heights. Just add it to my list of concussions, I think I get something free when I get to a dozen!

I Yakuza kicked a guy during a football soccer kickabout. I was in nets the Goalie, and he was one on one with me, and tried to dink it over my head like a flash bastard. So I kicked him in the face 'by accident'.

Did he score?

Roman Reigns ‏@WWERomanReigns 5h5 hours ago

Looks like your sex life is going to struggle!! #fool

Ryan Leaf @Chief_BigCat

do you hear how everyone boos you if you win the wwe championship I'll break all my fingers you're a terrible wrestler @WWERomanReigns

If Reigns did more of this on TV, the hate would subside.

I didn't think that Ryan Leaf could fall farther than his time in prison, but, there you go... (aware it's unlikely to actually be him.)

I have a ton of wrestling move stories, up to current day, and I'm 33. Part of it is because my brother and I are fans, but I'm pretty much a nerd, so... Anyway, the best one is probably the time some friends and I were drunk, at a party, in a hotel room, and start having a battle royale. I went up top (a ledge next to a bed) for a frog splash, only to jump right into the edge of the ceiling where it changed heights. Just add it to my list of concussions, I think I get something free when I get to a dozen!

Nothing free ... you just can't do math anymore. Or at least, that was my experience; YMMV.

had a little fed during the attitude era kinda. started with me and my cousin, got violent quick.  Initially we played multiple characters until we had more dudes join in.  I was "Caribbean Jack", some white Caribbean guy (I think?) who dressed like the sandman and crushed faygo cans on his head. 

For some reason we threw each other off his roof (1.5 stories)(my aunt filmed it) and once when he was 16, his friend drove his parents car into him in a hardcore match in the front yard so he could fly over the hood and roof, (it was interference, I pinned him after the running over incident).  Thumbtacks and chairs were normal.  We taped it, I think we had about 16hrs of "episodes". 

We are both fairly normal(?) now. Though he did almost get kicked out of an ecw runion show a few years ago and showed me a video of him getting tasered by his cop friend.

I just do quality assurance.

• Like 1

I Yakuza kicked a guy during a football soccer kickabout. I was in nets the Goalie, and he was one on one with me, and tried to dink it over my head like a flash bastard. So I kicked him in the face 'by accident'.

Did he score?

3YdJs.jpg

In my infinite wisdom as a ten year old, I DDT'd my buddy during hockey practice, because "we had helmets on, how could it possibly hurt?" He didn't get up for a while. I didn't have to be told not to do that again.

I used to work for a minor league hockey team and we had a guy named Brad Wingfield. A guy named Josh Elzinga on Kalamazoo slewfooted him and broke Brad's leg. Next season when we played them Brad made a beeline for the guy, gave him some shots and gave him a shoot pedigree (and I know that's what he was doing because he told us all after the fact that was what he was trying to do).
  • Like 1

Did he score?

Not only did it not go in (I think he was intending to go around me and put it in on the bounce), he also missed the penalty he got for me fouling him. Skied it.

• Like 1