DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2016 - WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

To be fair, non-racists don't suddenly become racist when under the influence of painkillers. 

People say shit they don't really mean all the time doped up/drunk. Which is not even the point since no one had any business watching it in the first place. 

Jennifer Lawrence called herself a sex crime victim after picture of her asshole were posted online. While I may think that is a crock, she certainly did not have to apologize for having her photos vandalized. Hogan does not owe anyone an apology. Honestly people owe him one, starting with WWE. 

Can you imagine how Vince would be acting if this happened to him. 

He would be playing the victim from the start and would be on the warpath if USA tried to drop WWE programming. 

To be fair, non-racists don't suddenly become racist when under the influence of painkillers.

People say shit they don't really mean all the time doped up/drunk. Which is not even the point since no one had any business watching it in the first place. 

Jennifer Lawrence called herself a sex crime victim after picture of her asshole were posted online. While I may think that is a crock, she certainly did not have to apologize for having her photos vandalized. Hogan does not owe anyone an apology. Honestly people owe him one, starting with WWE. 

He would be playing the victim from the start and would be on the warpath if USA tried to drop WWE programming.

I want photos of Vince's butthole and other wackiness from Vince not knowing how to use a cellphone now.

Also important to remember: 

Gawker took Lawrence's side about how the pictures of her leaked and that it was a sex crime, they needed to be punished, and Gawker refused to give them the benefit of reporting them.

At the same time, Gawker said they refused to take down Hogan's sex tape, even though the lawsuit was revealed.

...so, yeah.

Again though, the argument that needs addressed is whether or not Hogan made it a matter of public interest by denying he ever had sex with her, and that the tape showed him doing so. That's the legal issue, full stop.

It's a perfect finisher for Rollins, too.  I'm not sure what they will use for him when he comes back, but he clearly can't keep using the pedigree.

He should use the Superkick. That's a pretty fresh move these days.

• Like 5

Is there a pending lawsuit where a kid died because he took this move or something? I just can't fathom how they went from building up this move as an elite finisher to never speaking of it again seemingly overnight.

I think it was around the time of the class action lawsuit from former wrestlers concerning concussions, and the perception of the top guy stomping people's heads as a finishing move wouldn't look good on their part, in the internal opinion.

Is there a pending lawsuit where a kid died because he took this move or something? I just can't fathom how they went from building up this move as an elite finisher to never speaking of it again seemingly overnight.
I think it was around the time of the class action lawsuit from former wrestlers concerning concussions, and the perception of the top guy stomping people's heads as a finishing move wouldn't look good on their part, in the internal opinion.

Then they've edited all the chairshots to the head out of the Attitude Era shows, then?

It's a perfect finisher for Rollins, too.  I'm not sure what they will use for him when he comes back, but he clearly can't keep using the pedigree.

He should use the Superkick. That's a pretty fresh move these days.

Only if JBL screams SUPERKICK every time he does the move.