DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] WELCOME TO MARCH MADNESS 2016 - ULTIMATE SURVIVAL

RIPPA

Poor Hechicero, that said I wouldn't mind Brock literally taking Roderick Strong to Suplex City.

And Pentagon Jr would be crazy enough to wrestle the Young Bucks by himself, and snap both their arms at the same time.

The Bucks would just no-sell the broken arms and superkick Pentagon Jr. for the win.  "Course,  he would deserve to lose.  Who breaks the Bucks' arms.  Gotta break the legs, take away the superkicks and flipz.  You gotta think about these things.

I dig Hechicero but Roddy had an outstanding year.  And I say that as someone who is generally not a fan of Strong.

I think the main things I want to watch before the voting is started is 

1. Ranking my interest in the Lucha guys. From what I've seen, Dragon Lee is amazing and if people get behind him, is a legitimate threat to win this entire tournament.

2. Catching up on the more "obscure" Japanese guys. Basically, anyone not in New Japan. 

3. Get myself familiar with the UK Indy scene.

A potential Virus-Zack Sabre Jr. match is breaking my heart. A lot of the matches break my mind. How am I supposed to decide whether I like/dislikeTanahashi or Elgin more/less. I'd vote Yano over both of them. Yet. Yano. Nowhere to be found. Again. :(

What Dragon Lee has going for him on top of the amazing athleticism and spots is:

1.) The build from Kamaitachi match to Kamaitachi match, the call back spots, the escalation, the fact that they build in counters so naturally and that everything evolves.

2.) The fact that he has matches with other wrestlers that are worked very differently. He's in a trios match almost every week and has the Casas match and a few other title matches in the period.

You will when they send you e-mails every year.

I'm getting closer to filling one of these out every second. I'm going to be insufferable if I do, like I am March after March before burning out in the elite eight. I will continue to try to be strong.

I've lurked on this board for ten plus years, I imagine, but I'm going to try to participate for once in my life, dammit.

I mainly just want to learn more about guys I stupidly know so little about and to yell about why the LU/AAA luchadores are the best (and to learn why I'm probably wrong).

Oh, and I filled out the prediction and Bayley beat Owens, so I'm already a failure.

Out of curiosity Phil, I think your videos gave us 7 of the last 8 in, but not the 8th. So far I've got.

Dolph Ziggler

Johnny Gargano

Tomiaso Ciampa

Kongo Kong
Ryota Hama

Drago

Kiara Hojo

Who am I missing, if you still have the info? Just curious on looking at the bracket. I'm pretty sure it's one of the Japanese guys who just got put into a regular Japanese spot.

Oh, for the record, I looked up the Kiara Hojo Elbow Drop and HOLY FUCK.

• Like 1

Kiara Hojo

Who am I missing, if you still have the info? Just curious on looking at the bracket. I'm pretty sure it's one of the Japanese guys who just got put into a regular Japanese spot.

Oh, for the record, I looked up the Kiara Hojo Elbow Drop and HOLY FUCK.

Its Kairi. And yes her elbow drop is a frightening thing that makes me feel sorry for people taking it. Its funny how she went from little impact to that over the course of two years.

Some of these potential later round matchups could break the board.  Bayley v. Pentagon Jr?  Sasha v. New Day?

Bayley vs Pentagon took me a LOOOOONG time to decide on my bracket, and even then, I'm not sure which way I'd vote if that comes to pass.

This- if any potential matchup looks like the "REAL" Finals, winner of this is taking the whole thing, it's Bayley/Pentagon Jr.