DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 2/25/16

victor

Main Event Spoilers:

Bo Dallas with the Social Outcasts defeated Darren Young

* Naomi defeated Paige. Naomi got a near fall with the Rear View but came back and got the win by submission

* Ryback defeated Tyler Breeze with Shellshocked after a back and forth match

* Braun Strowman defeated Fandango by submission

Smackdown Spoilers:

There's a podium in the ring. Triple H comes out in a suit and puts the WWE World Heavyweight Title on the podium. Triple H quoted "Sympathy for the Devil" by Rolling Stones. He talks about what he did to Roman Reigns on RAW, brags about having authority and says everyone has to fall in line. Triple H says he will defeat Reigns at WrestleMania 32

* Chris Jericho, AJ Styles and a mystery partner vs. WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day is announced for later

* Sheamus, Rusev, King Barrett and Alberto Del Rio defeated Neville, Dolph Ziggler, Sin Cara and WWE United States Champion Kalisto. Barrett got good ring time here. Neville hit 2 Red Arrows on Barrett. Sheamus hit a Brogue on Neville for the win. The League of Nations carried Barrett away on their shoulders as a celebratory move

* WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens is backstage with Renee Young. He offers Dean Ambrose his rematch but Ambrose isn't here. Owens brags about beating everyone and issues a challenge. Big Show appears and says he hasn't beaten him yet. Owens mocks Show with retirement jokes and they make the match for later

* D-Von Dudley squashed Jimmy Uso in one minute after Bubba Ray Dudley interfered from ringside

* Recap of Shane McMahon's return. The Undertaker will be on RAW

* Backstage segment with Styles and Jericho picking Mark Henry as their partner

* Kevin Owens defeated Big Show by count out. Good back and forth action, strong moves by Owens to keep Show down. Owens won by count out after crotching Show on the top rope, knocking him to the floor

* Natalya defeated Becky Lynch by DQ when Naomi and Tamina Snuka run down. Tamina superkicks Natalya on the floor. Sasha Banks comes down and assists Becky Lynch. WWE Divas Champion Charlotte comes out with Ric Flair and announces Becky vs. Sasha for RAW

* R-Truth defeated Heath Slater with help from Goldust

* AJ Styles, Chris Jericho and Mark Henry defeated The New Day, who were over big time but not as much as Styles. Styles was said to be over with everyone and his entrance got the biggest pop. The New Day was cleared from the ring early on for tandem springboards by Styles and Jericho. Henry, Styles and Jericho also mocked their dance moves. Lots of fact paced action in this one. Styles made Xavier Woods tap to the Calf Crusher. Styles, Henry and Jericho celebrated to end the show

Poor Jimmy Uso, but the rest sounds entertaining.

Imagine if he does the pop-up powerbomb to Show like he was able to do with Henry, I don't think Show has that kind of jumping ability left. He'll do it Taker Last Ride style out of the corner which Show only ever climbs to be powerbombed from (when the guy isn't on the mat).

Imagine if he does the pop-up powerbomb to Show like he was able to do with Henry, I don't think Show has that kind of jumping ability left. He'll do it Taker Last Ride style out of the corner which Show only ever climbs to be powerbombed from (when the guy isn't on the mat).

I think it'd be more impressive if he pulls out that double jump moonsault he still hasn't hit in the E.

I think it'd be more impressive if he pulls out that double jump moonsault he still hasn't hit in the E.

Didn't he bust that out in his first bout against Cena? I'm almost positive it was against Cena.

I'm pretty sure he hit every move known to man in the Cena series because the cool smark kids love them movez. God I really hope Cena isn't doing that shit when he comes back. I want to think the injury will make him slow down and work smarter, but he'll probably be doing top rope code reds, and backflip stunners.

After watching Smackdown, Vince's best bet to get Roman cheered is to keep him off TV selling his injury and let HHH cut boring promos like this one on every show.

The Styles/Jericho stuff is still intriguing. They actually created some doubt as to whether or not Jericho will turn on him. It feels like Jericho is just setting him up so he won't see it coming but AJ is slowly winning him over in the process because he's so good.

- Man, fuck Hunter for making me think of "Authority Song" by John Cougar Mellencamp (ugh) while still quoting the Stones. Otherwise, good promo that didn't overstay its welcome. Bloody tape was a nice touch. 

- King's shirt has to be the gaudiest thing he's ever worn and that says a lot. 

- "I'm on the Road to KOMania and you're on the Road to Retirement." Owens/Show was brief but solid. Owens keeping Show down until chopping him, then getting the big overhand slap and immediately powdering in response was funny. As was his response to winning being frantically demanding the belt then running away. Oh, and Mauro saying "anybody care for scrambled eggs" after the crotching.

- As if the booking didn't say enough already King had to go off about the Divas never getting along. Asshole. Match lasts all of three minutes. Damn, Naomi's pants... I got a funny feeling... Hey, we get Sasha/Becky on Raw! 

- Dean should've went for the nutshot when Lesnar was walking up to him on Raw. C'mon, we all know that's his Kryptonite.

- BOOTY-OS~! AJ's got great entrance music that I have no doubt he did not pick and would never listen to in real life. The spoiler writer wasn't wrong about him being over either. End sequence was really cool with Xavier's discus elbow looking like it jacked up AJ like it was AJ throwing it instead. The Calf Crusher being an instant tap was perfect there. I could have done with more Mark but what can you do. Also, Big E grabbing Jericho's side in the abdominal stretch made me think "why has nobody done that before?" 

Pretty recap and interview heavy, wrestling light episode. Hell I think Truth/Slater was longer than some of the matches on the show.

• Like 1

So AJ would never listen to hip hop because he's a redneck?  Must be a gift you have being able to look at people and tell what type of music they like. Also he was perfectly fine in that backstage segment, and everyone calling for him to be kept away from the mic appeared to have jumped the gun a little. Dude is the best worker in WWE right now.

The racist redneck rookie does have a ring to it. In all seriousness Styles has adapted to WWE about as well as anyone could've hoped. I'd like to see him in some high profile matches soon. For Vince that probably means him jobbing to Del Rio and Sheamus.

I love the booking of multiple protected finshers.  It just adds layers of teases, hope spots, and flash pins to matches.  AJ must be writing his own shit.

KO vs. AJ would be awesome.

Until they timed the show, then Rock talking runs long, and suddenly they only get 6 minutes, including entrances.

I second these.