DVDVR Message Board

Raw is McMahonaMania 2-22-16

MGFanJay

Like most, reasonably certain Taker vs Shane isn't the match. Why not put Shane with Roman? Why not do anything with Roman that doesn't make him look ineffectual?

I mean, Hunter is a great worker and a legend and all that and I think he can smoke and mirror a spectacle match with Roman that keeps the crowd engaged. At best it won't be fans tuning out like the ill-fated Orton match (and to a lesser extent Jericho). I will just never understand how downcard they're booking guys reasonably well and making a guy they supposedly like look shit. 

I got back from work in time to see that HHH decided to cosplay Brock and show everybody that Roman is as dead as Dillinger in fan approval. Oh, the beautiful blood... I miss it. 

Speaking of blood, I bet there's a whole batch of it if Shane is actually wrestling Taker. And those shoes probably cost as much as his suit.

When it comes to screwing up Roman's megaface push...on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst...where does "THE FANS WOULD RATHER CHEER FOR TRIPLE H THAN HIM" fall?

Why shouldn't they want to cheer HHH? He's the champ, he runs the company, and he gives them NXT. People like winners.

What I'm understanding here is that HHH is a winner, while Reigns just tries his best.

Shane could lose and still end up with half somehow. They made it clear he wanted RAW specifically.

then Vince turned around and corrected it by saying if Shane runs RAW, he runs the entire company.

Yeah, but that fits with Vince's real feelings. He doesn't care about SD!

Definitely want HHH winning at Mania. Reigns is just awful.

Decent rule of thumb about a wrestler's ability is when a non-wrestling fan knows you suck. My girlfriend tonight: "that guy is a terrible actor."

Finished with the Undertaker. Putting him in a gimmicky fuckfest with Shane is where he should be now. BONG...spooky...please retire.

When it comes to screwing up Roman's megaface push...on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst...where does "THE FANS WOULD RATHER CHEER FOR TRIPLE H THAN HIM" fall?

Why shouldn't they want to cheer HHH? He's the champ, he runs the company, and he gives them NXT. People like winners.

What I'm understanding here is that HHH is a winner, while Reigns just tries his best.

Well, Triple H does go home and fuck the prom queen.

• Like 9

Do people really think Triple H did not set up this scenario for this reaction? With Reigns being hand picked by Vince, he has to be creative. 

In hindsight they should have put Bryan against Lesnar (It could not be more dangerous than the ladder match) and hide Roman for awhile til they could do a Shield reunion, 

Decent rule of thumb about a wrestler's ability is when a non-wrestling fan knows you suck. My girlfriend tonight: "that guy is a terrible actor."

Not really because if they knew anything they would be a fan. That did not come out right. What I mean is a non fan is the bottom of the totem pole. 

Not that paying customers are in love with him. 

That opening segment: WTF

So glad they ditched the Wyatt/Lesnar plan. Brock/Dean can now join the women's match in the "will be good for the right reasons" category.

Sin Cara looks like he quit going to the gym after his recent injury.

Compare and contrast the reaction of HHH beating down Bryan and HHH beating down Roman. For those who were disappointed they didn't get Orton/Batista straight up just for the crowd reaction, this should be an ok consolation prize.

Roman as the top babyface is dead in the water. The only way to salvage Roman is putting The Shield back together.

I don't think even that could help him now, because people would, rightly, see it as a blatant attempt to resuscitate Roman that would just result in the same outcome all over again: another babyface singles push for Roman.

I don't think Undertaker is supposed to be the heel.

I think this is all WWE's way of saying "Look, everyone is injured, we have no fucking clue what to do so here's the most insane potential train wreck card we can put together. Have at it."

Maybe?

sounds about right

the fans want blood.

That's what we got tonight. A lot of it. One of the more nastier beat downs in recent memory.  Can anyone really blame HHH though? If this was Daniel Bryan or Sting or someone like that, the reaction would have been completely opposite. Triple H could do and say anything about Roman and it's not going to work the way Vince wants it to.

I like Shane, but I really hope this is a red herring and someone else does the match with Taker.

I feel sorry for Roman. He has improved a ton & was easily one of the best guys in WWE the last year, but his booking has been so shitty there really isn't a way for him to be even around the top at this point for at least a few years.

Reigns is just a bad babyface. He's outclassed by a babyface he's been married with since he debuted in Ambrose, and he just doesn't have the charisma of a top star. Why would anyone cheer him? Like, unless you just have a reflective dislike of HHH due to what you think of his politics, is there ANYTHING that makes Roman more appealing than him? Or Lesnar? Or Ambrose? 

His ceiling is being a Sheamus/ADR/Big Show/Kane-esque star. He has a role and is fine as the upper-midcard/spot main eventer but building the company around him isn't gonna work.

At best, Roman/Hunter looks like it's 3rd in interest behind whatever Taker is doing (and if it's Cena being subbed in that's the clear main event) and what should be a wild Ambrose/Lesnar match. Depending on what AJ does or if they juice up the divas match, it could fall behind that.

the fans want blood.

That's what we got tonight. A lot of it. One of the more nastier beat downs in recent memory.  Can anyone really blame HHH though? If this was Daniel Bryan or Sting or someone like that, the reaction would have been completely opposite. Triple H could do and say anything about Roman and it's not going to work the way Vince wants it to.

He could say or do anything but he hasn't. It's interesting to see play out.

Of course it's a red herring, Shane is a legit businessman now. I hate to put him in the same league as Donald Trump, but it's the same reason why Trump vs Vince didn't happen. Shane might not have his own company anymore, but him wrestling and being tossed off a cage isn't good for HIS business. He'll get a surrogate to represent him in the match, that's 100% happening in the next 6 weeks.

I won't be upset if I'm wrong, though. It has trainwreck written all over it and it'll be glorious. I'm still not behind HHH/Reigns, but based on tonight, the top three matches on the card have the potential to be very non-PG matches.

I like Shane, but I really hope this is a red herring and someone else does the match with Taker.

I feel sorry for Roman. He has improved a ton & was easily one of the best guys in WWE the last year, but his booking has been so shitty there really isn't a way for him to be even around the top at this point for at least a few years.

When Seth comes back, Roman will officially turn heel. I think heel Roman is far better than face Roman, anyways. 

• Like 1

I'm actually fully expecting Triple H to pull the "he's not ready yet, brother" card and go over at Wrestlemania.

Shane vs Undertaker makes no sense, but Shane pumping around the cage like a madman is the perfect opponent for the brittle old Undertaker at this stage of his career.