DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane II

Dolfan in NYC

Rock also just starting shooting Baywatch - which he himself said was a 12 week shoot so there is no way he is going to be training for a wrestling match on his like one day off.

Cena tweeted this morning about "trying to defy science"

So it's bad enough that he wants to race back for Mania but putting him in with Taker - especially knowing the type of match both would like to do - would be an even WORSE idea

Its Wrestlemania. They could have had one of the strongest cards ever and Cena would have been trying to come back for it.

One additional bit about Charlotte vs. Brie. Brie is unquestionably awful. But when Charlotte hit her, she took those hits. One particular face kick was vile. Meanwhile Charlotte continues to work stiff but flinch when taking offense. She pulled away from every one of Brie's kicks, making them look softer than they already are. And I mean...I don't inherently hate people working softer, but if you're going to hit hard don't wuss out on the return.

You do realize Charlotte was the one who left that match with cuts and bruises, right?

In an ideal world, Lesnar would have won the Rumble and the Fastlane main event would be Ambrose vs Reigns, with Ambrose winning due to Triple H shenanigans (you know the crowd would still cheer that, because HHH costing Reigns the WM main event is a face move). You end up with the same card we have now, but the title match seems more important (and fun) and Reigns/HHH can still happen and be a blood feud type of match.

In an "ideal world," Hunter isn't wrestling period at WM. I wanted Brock/Roman with no bullshit for WM this year, not the shit show we've gotten since before the Rumble.

In an "ideal world," Hunter isn't wrestling period at WM. I wanted Brock/Roman with no bullshit for WM this year, not the shit show we've gotten since before the Rumble.

That would have been ideal with the roles reversed.  But a lot of people seem to be down on the idea--no repeating main events, they say.

I was going to ask why Ric Flair looked like death warmed over at Fastlane, but I just listened to his latest podcast where he talks about drinking every day for two straight weeks with Roman Reigns and the Uso's, so I guess that explains that.

Were they trying to kill him?  Though at this point, Flair's liver is probably pickled in vodka.

The opening tag was alright. Sasha looked like she really put some effort into her hot tag planning and probably looked as close as she has to NXT Sasha on the main roster. She'll get there. Naomi and Tamina are noticeably worse than Sasha and Becky. This is where the main roster could really use Emma as a competent second tier opponent for the women they want to push. Shit, Emma/Paige as a heel team in the BAD leftovers' spot would've been sweet. Failing that, I'd take Nattie (who has been doing nothing forever) in Emma's spot. Despite her faults, she's a lot better than Naomi and certainly Tamina.

AJ/Jericho was ok. I will say it's probably the best Jericho has actually put someone over in his part time years.

The E/C segment was so awkward and bad. They buried the New Day and the LON, even though seemingly the purpose of the segment was to set up a feud between the two with ND turning face. I guess we all knew it would happen eventually, but Jesus, face ND version 2 is gonna be some seriously awful shit if tonight was any indication. Why hasn't the LON just dissolved and sent those guys on their separate midcard ways yet?

The main event was a good match. It felt like a poor man's Rumble triple threat from last year. I really liked the constant acknowledgements between Dean and Roman when it came to taking down Brock. That part of the match was really well done. The Brock parts were less inspired than the Rumble version, and the end result of course was a real buzzkill. If anyone's wondering what's wrong with Roman, look to his two most recent Feb ppv matches. Really strong matches with well-executed stories, and yet, nobody fucking cares.

The E/C segment was so awkward and bad. They buried the New Day and the LON, even though seemingly the purpose of the segment was to set up a feud between the two with ND turning face. I guess we all knew it would happen eventually, but Jesus, face ND version 2 is gonna be some seriously awful shit if tonight was any indication. Why hasn't the LON just dissolved and sent those guys on their separate midcard ways yet

I wonder how many times they're gonna bring out old stars to try and put New Day in their place.  They've gotten one over on Jericho, Rock and Edge/Christian.  That same 90s/00s schtick doesn't work anymore but they keep running them out there and none of them are as cool as New Day anymore.

A term for many of us Cubs fans who believed in the rebuild and urged people to be patient when the team was at its lowest point.

Can you give us a clear sense of what was the actual lowest point, so we have an idea how long we have to wait and see where this is going?

I know it's somewhere between 7 and 109 years.

The E/C segment was so awkward and bad. They buried the New Day and the LON, even though seemingly the purpose of the segment was to set up a feud between the two with ND turning face. I guess we all knew it would happen eventually, but Jesus, face ND version 2 is gonna be some seriously awful shit if tonight was any indication. Why hasn't the LON just dissolved and sent those guys on their separate midcard ways yet

I wonder how many times they're gonna bring out old stars to try and put New Day in their place.  They've gotten one over on Jericho, Rock and Edge/Christian.  That same 90s/00s schtick doesn't work anymore but they keep running them out there and none of them are as cool as New Day anymore.

I'm not sure New Day actually got one over on E/C, though. Yeah, and E/C had a couple really bad lines, but they still twisted the knife on Kofi's Jamaican accent and then they rattled off a long list of ways ND was ripping off their act and ND didn't get a response. It certainly wasn't "Billy Gunn KOTR" bad, but I felt it did take the wind out of ND's sails a little bit. Edge's "I'm starting to like you guys" line felt really hollow after all that and ND definitely didn't come out looking better than when they went in.

And even though I really dislike LON and want them to go away forever, they got it way worse than ND. "Hold on, Wade Barrett hasn't gotten to stare at anyone menacingly yet" and Edge's nonchalant burial of Del Rio's WWE run were BRUTAL. It didn't help that the two guys who can't hold their own on the mic had to do most of the talking. Putting Sheamus and Del Rio up against E/C on the mic is like making a high school basketball team play the Warriors.

Edge is in the same league as The Rock, Shawn, and HHH as what I would classify as a "stiff promo." I don't think he's always trying to bury guys out there, but he's so quick on his feet and has such a casual delivery, he ends up really hurting guys from time to time.

I'm not bothered by the fact that Reigns won so much as bothered by the fact he effectively no-sold the Kimura Lock and three chairshots to deliver a spear 10 seconds later. Whereas at the same time Brock, who has been booked like The Incredible Hulk for the last 2 years plus, sold three chairshots like a hand grenade exploded in his shorts.

Mother fucker wears a flak jacket with extra padding on the spine. What's a chair to the back supposed to do to him?

feel like I need KO to go on a massive hubris-building title run then get his face kneed off by Nakamura at Summerslam

Cool how on a Vince McMahon PPV in 2016, the women get two matches with storylines and video packages and stuff, and all the gigantic hosses get put in a thrown together botch-filled tag match nobody gives a shit about #givehossesachance

• Like 1

Ignoring ones on personal feelings towards Bray Wyatt - the fact that they are totally blowing off the stuff from the Rumble basically means that they are having Brock be a total idiot and being cool with getting his ass beat by 4 guys.

Which really doesn't help the case for those who are trying to argue that Brock isn't in JAG territory right now.

WWE thinks if they don't talk about something on air for a couple of weeks, their audience will forget it ever happened.

Ignoring ones on personal feelings towards Bray Wyatt - the fact that they are totally blowing off the stuff from the Rumble basically means that they are having Brock be a total idiot and being cool with getting his ass beat by 4 guys.

Which really doesn't help the case for those who are trying to argue that Brock isn't in JAG territory right now.

WWE thinks if they don't talk about something on air for a couple of weeks, their audience will forget it ever happened.

Meanwhile Mae Young shows up with a dude in a giant hand costume and everyone over the age of 12 gets the fucking joke.

I'm still hoping for a LON/Wyatts 8 man tag at Mania.  It would be the best use of all involved, but it looks like they're trying to set up a New Day/LON feud or some such.

Speaking of New Day, are they even heels?  They come out and talk shit and clown on everyone, regardless of what side of the rulebook they're on and have always tried to cheat.

A term for many of us Cubs fans who believed in the rebuild and urged people to be patient when the team was at its lowest point.

Can you give us a clear sense of what was the actual lowest point, so we have an idea how long we have to wait and see where this is going?

I know it's somewhere between 7 and 109 years.

They don't even know because it is clear there is no plan outside of darts on a dartboard.  

They could have tried making a new heel champion *cough Bray cough* but that would mean The Authority has to step out of the spotlight.  But right now everything is a huge mess, has been since the decision was made to give the MITB to Rollins, and will be long after.

At some point everyone has to figure out that ego is the most dangerous fault to the WWE.

There are other guys on the roster who could have been in the main event but have been busted down to nothing.  Zigglers huge win at Survivor's Series more than a year ago and Bray Wyatt come to mind.

I'm still hoping for a LON/Wyatts 8 man tag at Mania.  It would be the best use of all involved, but it looks like they're trying to set up a New Day/LON feud or some such.

Speaking of New Day, are they even heels?  They come out and talk shit and clown on everyone, regardless of what side of the rulebook they're on and have always tried to cheat.

It is the Deadpool phenomenon.  Everybody loves the snarky, bad guys that break the fourth wall.  Who cares how evil or bad they are as long as they have a snarky catchphrase!!!

-----------------

\/\/\/  Cubs / WWE Main Roster.  At this point it is the same thing.