DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane II

Dolfan in NYC

I thought Sasha and Becky vs. Team Bad was pretty damn good and Naomi continues her strong year.  Sweet jumping legdrop and some cool looking uppercuts, she's got it rolling right now. 

Brie and Charlotte was okay too.  Brie messed up a couple spots but it was a good performance, I'm glad Charlotte retained. 

AJ and Jericho was solid but still Jericho can't quite keep up. 

I even enjoyed Owens and Dolph for the however many times this year.  I wouldn't mind seeing AJ vs. Owens.

Back to Roman and Triple H..   I'm not seeing how this is Hunter's fault.  A ton of dudes are injured plus they destroyed any momentum Reigns had built up.  I'm betting in the back of his mind Hunter is questioning this whole deal because he knows his NXT show will deliver but the lasting image of him that weekend will be in a match in front of 100,000 people that don't care about it...

I have the network and I didn't watch it.

That speaks louder than breaking down matches or segments.

I have the network, had absolutely nothing better to do, and I didn't watch it either. I chose to kill time by playing a game I've beaten at least 10 times already.

I have the network, had absolutely nothing better to do, and I didn't watch it either. I chose to kill time by playing a game I've beaten at least 10 times already.

Which game is the real question here

Anyone else thinking they may have decided on Dean vs Brock for Mania? That would explain a lot about the Wyatts tonight.

That crossed my mind yeah with all of the focus on Dean since the Rumble and him taking ass beatings from Lesnar. I was guessing they could do that and maybe even in defeat Dean could EARN Brock's respect.

I think having Brock vs. any of the Wyatts right now would probably be a waste.

Which game is the real question here

Borderlands 2

• Like 1

Raw is going through the Murderer's Row of smark towns in March: Chicago, Philly, Pittsburgh and Brooklyn.

Should make for a fun buildup for Reigns/HHH.

Who thought that would be a good route to Texas?

I missed the first match and a half. Joined Owens/Ziggler in process. Owens should use that modified pop up power bomb as a finisher he used tonight more often. It's much better as a sneak attack than the long set up of sending the guy into the ropes. Sad to say this is the long goodbye for Dolph.

That six man tag...well at least it wasn't on later in the night which was nice. Not shocked the Wyatt's lost though. They always lose.

Brie/Charlotte was a decent match. I like Brie so I'm biased towards her. But when I say decent, I'm not saying good. I'm saying "not as bad as women's matches used to be"...cause remember they used to be pretty damn bad. Only thing I hate about when Charlotte wins is her doing the Figure Four/Eight. How is it she doesn't know how to do the move right with Flair right there? If they want her to be more like Flair...well win like Flair. Flair never won big matches with the figure four. He got miracle pins when he was a face and cheap pins when he was a heel. I hate finishers only in the WWE.

AJ/Jericho was pretty damn good all things considered. Jericho's midlife crisis is amusing and the WWE treating Styles like he's some upstart in his mid 20's is really funny. Hopefully AJ has a title soon. Maybe the US Title since they aren't doing anything of interest with it.

I can only guess the script for the show got mixed up. How does a two/three falls match end up on a pre-show and the pre-show end up on the semi main event? Weren't they advertising that New Day/Cutting Edge thing for the Pre Show? It was pretty funny until the interjected The league of nations. The League of Nations failed after WW1 and it's failed here again. Why do they keep trying?

Brock vs. Ambrose is a match I want to see. Ambrose telling Brock "yeah just give me a minute" and then slapping him was so damn funny. For a brief moment I thought maybe they would do something interesting. Have Ambrose win. Spice things up. NOPE.

Roman might have been a wrestlemania star in a couple of years from now. But Vince is so damn stubborn to prove that he's right and no one else can ever prove him wrong, he would rather tank the biggest Wrestlemania ever than change things. So now it's gonna be a month of Roman overcoming the odds' Roman doing it for his family. Roman cementing his legacy. Blah blah blah. No one gives a shit about humble Roman. They wanted to see the Roman that tried to kill Triple H. That was the one that got a spark from the fans. But the corporate Roman who I wouldn't be surprised eventually becomes the new Corporate Rock cause you know Vince is all "LOOK AT THIS MAN IN A SUIT"...

I knew he was gonna win but it still annoyed the hell out of me.

You know I really hope the official attendance for Mania is under 100,000. Just let it swirl that in Vince's head that he couldn't sell out the Jerry Dome.

Meanwhile we'll be all Oh save us Triple H you're our only hope.

• Like 1

Raw is going through the Murderer's Row of smark towns in March: Chicago, Philly, Pittsburgh and Brooklyn.

Should make for a fun buildup for Reigns/HHH.

Who thought that would be a good route to Texas?

It would have been a great route two years ago for Daniel Bryan versus The Authority.

It's going to be a God-awful route for Roman versus HHH.

Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Brock is your god, Dean and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Dean. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Brock, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Brock was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the writers forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just jobbers. Not main eventers. Not JTTSs. Just jobbers. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Dean. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not faces, not heels, not part timers who just work one show a year.
[Points to steel chair]
This you can trust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGf7YxciuAc

• Like 1

Decent show overall with good matches but nothing too special. I thought Alberto's diving stomp off the rail should've been the finish. Sasha/Becky vs Team Bad delivered a good match. Owens/Ziggler was their usual with lots of superkicks, I enjoyed a couple of their TV matches more. Loved the Titans of the WWE getting the big victory, since that's one thing that felt unexpected on the show and I still dig those guys. Really enjoyed Charlotte/Brie even if it wasn't perfect. I liked Brie's hope spots using Bryan/Nikki spots. Didn't like the abrupt finish but everything leading up to it in that stretch was cool with Brie doing the YesLock transitioned into the single leg crab, that ruled.

Jericho/Styles was very good, thought both guys were good there. Thought the Styles Clash kickout was a nice surprise and the actual finish was good and decisive. Owens is already tweeting about AJ coming after the IC Title. I wonder if they do it singles or go with a multi-man cluster like last year since I don't know where else Jericho fits on the card, same with Ziggler.

Main event was super fun all the way through and then in the end it went the most predictable route possible. Glad there was no Bray involvement though, still figure that sticks for Mania but would rather everyone else's suggestion of Brock/Ambrose at this point. Thought the finish was a bit sudden with Roman popping up after the chair shots but oh well, good stuff overall.

• Like 2

Anyone else thinking they may have decided on Dean vs Brock for Mania? That would explain a lot about the Wyatts tonight.

It could work.  Heyman could say Brock had Roman dead to rites with the kimura lock until Ambrose came with the chair. Say Ambrose got in Brock's way and go from there.

I'm really into that match, provided Ambrose gets to look credible and not the punching bag he's been so far

• Like 1

It could work. Heyman could say Brock had Roman dead to rites with the kimura lock until Ambrose came with the chair. Say Ambrose got in Brock's way and go from there.

I'm really into that match, provided Ambrose gets to look credible and not the punching bag he's been so far

I think we saw the seeds planted tonight with Dean not being able to pick up Brock. He tries a few more times before Mania to no avail, only to blow the roof off Dallas when he takes Brock to Suplex City. It'd be an amazing moment and if Brock gives him the rub and sells it, immediately puts Dean into a credible belt contender slot going forward.

Was it me or was the literal burial of Brock tonight the most meta thing in the busness in a while?

I skipped the pre show so I missed Kalisto-ADR which was sorta disappointing but meh.

Divas tag opener was great. Tamina's best or second best match ever and a high for Naomi as well. Knew exactly what it needed to be, built well with good control from the heels and hot comebacks from the faces. Strong finish too. The NXT magic is starting to pop up.

Dolph vs. KO was fine. I love Owens but I'm already tired of the forced epics and doing 20-30 minute level exhaustion selling in a 15 minute match is a bit much. Still, it was well structured and they didn't nerf any finishers so good stuff on balance.

Giants vs. Wyatts was the best match it was going to be. I mostly enjoyed it but holy shit that result and finish were garbage. At least if that's the result someone who can actually benefit got the pin but fuck. The Wyatts were just gaining steam again.

Charlotte vs. Cheese was awful. The fact that they structured a ton of spots to remind me of better wrestlers made it even more infuriating somehow. Charlotte is bearing out as awful like I knew she was while super protected in NXT. Cheese is not the wrestler to carry her.

AJ vs. Jericho was the latter's best match since 2012. My friend said that immobile old Tenzan got better out of AJ which made me realize Jericho's problem...dude is still wrestling like he did a decade ago. Once he started doing dick veteran stuff I was way more into it. Nerfing the Clash so soon is foolish but they played it like Jericho was done and the kickout was more of a fuck you which turned when he had to tap instead. AJ looked great because he's motivated AJ.

Boy howdy did that New Day/E&C sketch expose how the times have changed. Edge dropping a bunch of kinda racist 'edgy' Attitude Era quips just feels cringy now. And then everything else happened and even the New Day couldn't save it. Awful.

That Truth vs. Axel match sure was a thing that happened. So weird that they booked a Superstars match while a PPV was running.

The main event was fun. Lots of cool dynamics that carried it nicely. Got the best results possible out of Ambrose in a minor miracle. That finish amazingly did nothing for anyone. Brock becomes an inoffensive monster, ultimately swatted aside, then Roman beats the lesser opponent with a flash finish that makes him look more lucky than good. Somehow I think Ambrose got the most out of this by surviving Brock and increasingly finding desperate ways to take him out. I'm interested in that match in a way I wasn't before so hey. Awful lead for Roman though. Just terrible.

Mostly a good show match wise but a lot of that booking...oof.

Very good main event between Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose. I enjoyed how Reigns/Ambrose teamed up to take Lesnar out with a Shield powerbomb through one table/then another to make it a singles match between the two. I didn’t like the finish with Reigns taking the Kimura and chairshots to the back to quickly hit Ambrose with the match winning Spear like that.

I have little to no interest in Triple H vs. Roman Reigns at WrestleMania. Triple H’s had two shit WrestleMania main events and when he wasn’t,  his match with Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania XXIX is by far Brock’s worst match since he returned to the WWE in April 2012.

I’d marginally have AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho as the best of their three matches just ahead of the second. The three matches plus Chris Jericho’s performance in the Royal Rumble match has made for Chris Jericho’s best run in years.

I also liked Kevin Owens vs. Dolph Ziggler, but hope they’ll move onto different opponents. Enjoyed Owens’ trash talking. I see Owens vs. Styles next for the WWE Intercontinental Championship and I welcome it..

Just when you think the Wyatt Family can’t go lower, they lose to Big Show/Kane/Ryback. I didn’t see that coming. The Wyatt’s don’t have the aura they once had losing in the big matches to get a small push only to lose again. Hope Luke Harper’s okay. Harper’s the best of the bunch and deserves better, then Bray.

I don't know where else Jericho fits on the card, same with Ziggler.

Put them in a match together.

Piss break sorted.

Off the top of my head that actually feels like a pretty fresh match up. Have they had much interaction previously?

Jericho giving Ziggler a hard time about "dreaming of being a rock star" while Jericho actually IS a world touring front man could be enough to get them in a match.

Its more than 'Jericho spills coffee' or 'Jealous over Japanese shampoo commercial" anyway...

If you need more proof how awesome Kevin Owens is, go to 1:30 of this video.  Owens knows how to work heel better than just about everyone else on the roster.

For a guy whose first language isn't english, Owens is one hell of a promo. MILHOUSE!

• Like 1