DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane II

Dolfan in NYC

"Let's See Where this Goes" has been a calling card for about 2 years now, and so far where it goes is "to shit"

Last years Mania was fantastic. I think something happens to throw a monkey wrench into the main event, this year.

I don't think they can afford to have a 3 or 4 person match in the main with all the injuries. I suspect you'll see fewer multiple person matches this Mania than in the last decade.

I'm not bothered by the fact that Reigns won so much as bothered by the fact he effectively no-sold the Kimura Lock and three chairshots to deliver a spear 10 seconds later.

It was essentially a flash pin.  Pop up pretty much off camera, immediate spear, win.  Might as well have been a rollup.  Which is the wrong sort of win to send someone into the Mania main event.

Was out at an indie show tonight so I didn't watch the show live.  I'll be honest and say that I have no great interest in going out of my way to watch it.  I'm sure it was fine, but the main stuff I saw on social media trended in the direction of "LOL FUCK U H8RS UL STILL PAY FOR THE NETWORK SINCE UR SUGAR DADDY GIVES U UR LITTLE FLIPPY GUYS" so I figured it was already testy in those waters.

Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Brock is your god, Dean and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Dean. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Brock, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Brock was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the writers forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just jobbers. Not main eventers. Not JTTSs. Just jobbers. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Dean. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not faces, not heels, not part timers who just work one show a year.

[Points to steel chair]

This you can trust.

• Like 7

The one thing you do have going for Trips holding onto the belt post WM, and flaunting it. You have a credible foundation for the shield reuniting as the guys who were the authority's watchdogs not too long ago biting the hand that once fed them. They've established themselves as guys who can work on their own but really knowing that together they're stronger than the authority.

At least, I'd like to think that's a valid way it could go when Seth comes back. YMMV.

That finish was awful. And of course Reigns is a decent wrestler, but he's a complete garbage character with a dead gimmick and B-list look. In character-driven WWE, that's huge.

I enjoyed AJ/Jericho and am getting a little annoyed with the "mid life crisis!" narrative people saddle on Jericho. And shit, say what you will, but his act seems way more fresh than that corny shit Edge and Christian are dragging out there.

AJ/Owens is the obv route for Mania and should be great.

The Wyatt loss was ridiculous, but I think Ryback is getting the "next man up" treatment. Which is too bad, because he really sucks.

Kalisto/Alberto was good. The women's tag was solid. Charlotte/Brie wasn't too bad. Wyatts vs. Show/Kane/Ryback was decent, but the result was dumb. it feels like its pretty much over for the Wyatts. AJ/Jericho was damn good and nice end to the feud. I know others hate him, but this whole thing has been the most interesting Jericho has been too me in over a decade. Its nice to see him manage to put over AJ in a way he failed to do with Bray. I didn't pay much attention tot he New Day/E&C segment. The main event was great and a n easy MOTYC. It still had the wrong result. They should have let Ambrose win and push for Reigns/Lesnar II.

You know, I think there is a level of wrestling more people are falling into that some people just don't get. Sometimes, you can know a wrestler is good, but also still have zero interest in watching them actually wrestle. Sheamus got to that point for a lot of folks. And I think Reigns is there as well, which is kind of amazing since he's only been a singles act for 2 years.

I don't think Reigns is quite there yet though shitty booking from the last 3-4 months is certainly getting him closer and closer to that point.

If you add up the total number of hours they wasted on Bray Wyatt promos the last two years to have it lead to this...

Right now, the Wyatt's looked destined to be in a multi-team match for the tag titles and the Andre JTTS battle royal. Well done, WWE.

I wonder how long before we hear this, "We know who that is; that's Ray Byatt!"

Just had a random thought: if Vince died tonight, and Kevin Dunn as expected got fired tomorrow, where would dear Roman be on the card? There's deffo a place for the guy, but....

Didn't he start out as a HHH guy?  He'd probably be fine.

If they want to plant the seeds for a Roman heel turn, have him rub the win in Ambrose's face on Raw.  Like he's joking with his brother--but we know he isn't.