DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane II

Dolfan in NYC

I find it pretty amazing that the NXT Dallas card is what it is and the Wrestlemania card is what it is. How does Vince allow that to happen?

Proud papa HHH is going to get one massive face pop the night after Takeover Dallas from the same fans in the audience who saw him acting like a face on what might be the show of the year. He must know this. This might be his best hatchet job on another talent yet!

• Like 2

I think Trips is an evil mastermind who is hoping that the crowd chanting "NXT" the entire main event of wrestlemania will put pressure on making him the booker for the main show.

Cause that shit is going to fucking happen.

Well given how it is almost impossible for that Takeover show to stink, chances are pretty good

I find it pretty amazing that the NXT Dallas card is what it is and the Wrestlemania card is what it is. How does Vince allow that to happen?

Proud papa HHH is going to get one massive face pop the night after Takeover Dallas from the same fans in the audience who saw him acting like a face on what might be the show of the year. He must know this. This might be his best hatchet job on another talent yet!

Vince thought Orton vs. Batista was gonna be the best main event possible for WM30.

Reality is, even though this show was pretty damn good for the most part (I enjoyed the vast majority of the matches), it still felt like a random Raw, it still is leading in a direction I have no interest in what so ever, and it still is leading to only one guy getting over, and he's still not actually getting over. There is still plenty to complain about here.

• Like 1

"Let's See Where this Goes" has been a calling card for about 2 years now, and so far where it goes is "to shit"

Last years Mania was fantastic. I think something happens to throw a monkey wrench into the main event, this year.

The Monkey Wrench has been everyone on the entire roster getting hurt.

What good matches are there as even possibilities right now? Let's say Cena can't go. That leaves you with a pool of Undertaker, Lesnar, Ambrose, Wyatt, Owens, and Styles to really build your PPV around. Is there anything there that will really make you get up for this show? Cause I'm not seeing it.

Real fun show from an in ring standpoint. Opening tag was good, and that's the best baby face charisma Sasha has ever shown. Next few matches drug a littler, but were inoffensive, AJ/Jericho was a real good match. I'm not too thrilled with the Styles Clash kickout, but Jericho's reaction to the sub and tapout were great. New Day segment went on forever, and the missed a perfect spot to debut Enzo and Cass. Instead we get League of Shitheads lol.

Main event was gangbusters; really well put together and executed match. Of course it all leads Roman vs HHH which is a dog shit top program for Mania.

What exactly did Jerry Lawler say to Renee Young that was so terrible? I wasn't watching for that part, but people on my Facebook aren't happy about it.

Only thing I can think of was at start him asking who made her dress 'clearance'? Or possible that Brie would retire after the match to make 'kids' which is what baby goats are called?

Who is mad about Reigns winning? He's a good wrestler and at least puts on very good matches. 

I think the big problem with Reigns winning is that there is 0 chance he's not going to booed, loudly, at the biggest show of the year. And, also, even if it ends up being pretty good, HHH vs. Reigns doesn't remotely feel like a Mania main event to me.

I'm not bothered by the fact that Reigns won so much as bothered by the fact he effectively no-sold the Kimura Lock and three chairshots to deliver a spear 10 seconds later. Whereas at the same time Brock, who has been booked like The Incredible Hulk for the last 2 years plus, sold three chairshots like a hand grenade exploded in his shorts.

• Like 3

Who is mad about Reigns winning? He's a good wrestler and at least puts on very good matches. 

Reigns isn't really the problem.  It is more Triple H putting himself in the position to be the man that finally gets him over is what bothers people.    Hell a Reigns vs Brock is the match I always thought should be have the WM main event but since Reigns was booed out of the building last year they were scared of a repeat.

You know, I think there is a level of wrestling more people are falling into that some people just don't get. Sometimes, you can know a wrestler is good, but also still have zero interest in watching them actually wrestle. Sheamus got to that point for a lot of folks. And I think Reigns is there as well, which is kind of amazing since he's only been a singles act for 2 years.

I mean yeah, you will watch the matches, and sometimes they will be really good, but he's never really left me wanting to see him more at any point, even while having some really good matches. I'm guessing just seeing so much of him has a large part to do with that?

• Like 2

Reigns isn't really the problem.  It is more Triple H putting himself in the position to be the man that finally gets him over is what bothers people.    Hell a Reigns vs Brock is the match I always thought should be have the WM main event but since Reigns was booed out of the building last year they were scared of a repeat.

Eh, I'd have had very little interest in another Lesnar/Reigns main event either honestly. It would have probably kicked ass, but it wouldn't be a draw for me.

"Let's See Where this Goes" has been a calling card for about 2 years now, and so far where it goes is "to shit"

Last years Mania was fantastic. I think something happens to throw a monkey wrench into the main event, this year.

Yeah it was a good show, and the booking set up the year of shit to follow.

Roman vs Brock should headline Mania fuck HHH.