DVDVR Message Board

The NASCAR (and other Racing) Thread

Rev Ray

Subway pulls out of their last race as a sponsor with Daniel Suarez because of a NBC pre-race segment where he went and handed out Dunkin Donuts to fans at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, and the Smithfield Foods/Richard Petty Motorsports divorce got ugly in a hurry. Petty claims they backed out of a handshake deal, Smithfield fires back that they need a better return on their investment, instead of an underperforming team.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Pete said:

zfwwekkyly351.jpg

Bubba Wallace goes all-in on thumbing racists in their collective eye with his paint scheme for Martinsville.  

Presumably some redneck racist will call this desecrating the memory of King Richard. 

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I will believe they mean it as soon as they tow some rich asshole who paid two grand for an RV berth mid-race for flying the loser flag as a dare. Until there's evidence of enforcement, this is PR that they honestly believe they will follow through on but will likely lose nerve.

Edited by Cliff Hanger

I do enjoy the joke on Twitter that for NASCAR fans who need to have a confederate flag in order to enjoy it, there is still one flag that will always be there that also resembles the Confederates.  The white flag which is used for I think for the warning and for surrender in war.

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

The quitter barely qualifies as a racer. He has finished in the top 10 one time in 40 races in his "career". He has failed to qualify for 9 of those 40 events.

Basically, we could find someone on the board to pull off what this moron has as a race car driver. Him claiming to be a race car driver would be like me claiming to be a professional soccer player because when someone asks me to play a game in net for their team I ask that they buy me a beer for my services.

Bubba's car looked great, and he did a really good job last night. Racing analysis!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dewar said:

The quitter barely qualifies as a racer. He has finished in the top 10 one time in 40 races in his "career". He has failed to qualify for 9 of those 40 events.

Basically, we could find someone on the board to pull off what this moron has as a race car driver. Him claiming to be a race car driver would be like me claiming to be a professional soccer player because when someone asks me to play a game in net for their team I ask that they buy me a beer for my services.

My guess is he was planning to retire anyway, but now this lets him shift the narrative from "so-so race car driver retires" to "TRUE PATRIOT CHOOSES VALUES OVER CAREER~!" Maybe soak the rubes for some cash on the way out too.

• Like 2