DVDVR Message Board

The NASCAR (and other Racing) Thread

Rev Ray

Pitbull is really going all in with NASCAR. He's part owner of Trackhouse Racing, which runs Daniel Suarez in Cup, and the team just announced it purchased Chip Ganassi Racing and grabs its two charters for 2022.

Trackhouse leased a charter from Spire this year, but that goes to the new Kaulig full time team next year.

Suarez stays for 2022. Current Ganassi drivers Kurt Busch and Ross Chastain in running for second car.

I was watching the SRX race and saw that the car in second was Speed, so I became very excited because Lake Speed I hadn't thought of in 30 years.  But it was Scott Speed.  Not Lake Speed.  I was crushed.

• 1 month later...

I thought the Indy race crazy but the Cup race was fucking insane.  My wife was livid when Chase Briscoe spun out Denny Hamlin.  I thought the whole race was awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Kurt Busch moving over to drive for 23XI Racing is finally official (23XI is the team owned by Denny Hamlin and Michael Jordan)

Busch will maintain his sponsorship from Monster Energy

Busch will drive No. 45 which has already received its blessing from Kyle Petty and the Petty Family

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

That's classic Bristol!

Allmendinger has always seemed like an okay dude, so I'm not mad.

Did you see Elliott and Harvick get their panties intertwined in the Monster race?

Oh yeah.  "You're a bigger dick!"  "No, you're a bigger dick!"

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Heads exploding on Twitter in 5, 4, 3...

God willed this.  First the wreck and then the rain.  He didn't get to do donuts though.

26 minutes ago, DEAN said:

God willed this.  First the wreck and then the rain.  He didn't get to do donuts though.

He's doing them in everyone's heads. Delicious, tiny donuts.

• Like 2

So I made the mistake getting into an argument with a Bubba hater who said he sucks because he crashes too many times.

Me: He's crashed twice this year.

Other guy: He's crashed a lot over the years. Look it up!

Me: I have because it's such a stupid fucking argument. 4 last year, 3 in 2019, 4 in 2018.

Other guy: But he leads NASCAR in incidents this year!

Me: The only incidents he's leading in is TW: Triggered Wypipo.

Seriously, "Incidents?" WTF is this metric?

I am sooo Team Chase Elliott in his hilarious feud with Kevin Harvick.  Harvick is Ron Swanson.  Elliott is Harris who works at animal control.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 5:03 PM, DEAN said:

400,000 people showed up in Austin for the Formula 1 race?  Jeez. that's a lot of folks.

That's the Friday/Saturday/Sunday total. There was 140,000 there for the race, which is still crazy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

An iconic era in NASCAR comes to an end as Richard Petty sells a majority interest in his NASCAR team (#43) to GMS Racing, which launches its inaugural NASCAR Cup season in 2022 with Ty Dillon in the #94.

There are two charters as part of this deal -- the #43, of course, along with #51, which Rick Ware Racing used the past several years as "Petty Ware Racing." Unsure what will become of that third charter (The Ware crew is reportedly reducing from four teams to two in 2022).

Update: GMS never had a charter to start with, so the "Petty Ware" charter will be used for the #94.

Edited by colonial
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...