DVDVR Message Board

The NASCAR (and other Racing) Thread

Rev Ray

On 4/18/2021 at 1:01 PM, DEAN said:

This Formula 1 Italian Gran Prix in the rain is hilarious.  Let us destroy the most expensive cars in the world.

All the crashes actually added to the passing factor for a change, especially with Hamilton sitting on the pole, crashing out and then racing his way back up to a podium finish. I can dig it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alex Bowman leads HMS to a 1-2-3-4 finish at Dover. First time that's happened since Roush Racing pulled the trick at Homestead in 2005.

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

Alex Bowman leads HMS to a 1-2-3-4 finish at Dover. First time that's happened since Roush Racing pulled the trick at Homestead in 2005.

Rick Hendrick is quite the big boy.  I realized today that I don't actually go for any racer, I just go against Denny Hamlin because my wife goes for him.  (Since he's from Chesterfield County.)

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Well, the Indy 5 just got interesting.  Someone in Graham Rahal's pit crew probably just earned his pink slip.

Egad.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 7:25 PM, DEAN said:

BOBBY LABONTE~! What the fuck is this race on CBS?  It's Greg Biffle!

That race was fun. Good to see the "local track hero" take down the retired superstars, and Marco Andretti.

• Like 1

Oh man, Nashville is the greatest racetrack ever.  A tire is rolling on the track before they can finish one lap. This race will never end.

• Haha 1

Jeff Gordon is leaving Fox Sports to become vice chairman at Hendrick Sports

He will be 2nd in command behind Rick Hendrick and apparently the plan is that he will be the successor to Hendrick whenever the about to be 72 year old majority owner retires

EDIT - Gordon will remain on the FOX broadcasts until the end of the year