DVDVR Message Board

The NASCAR (and other Racing) Thread

Rev Ray

15 hours ago, Dewar said:

Corey LaJoie's car for Go Fas Racing (a backmarker team that finished 29th last season, is currently 27th this season) will be sposored by a Trump-supporting PAC for nine Cup series races starting this weekend.

Mirroring Trump's re-election campaign, the wheels have already come off the car.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Maybe he will paint his car to look like the General Lee.

I’d rather see it painted like the old A-Team van with the big red stripe running down the side if we’re going for an old tv show theme (and yes I get the joke, or at least what I assume was a joke).

52 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well... the Bubba Wallace story is going to blow up again. 

The President has demanded he apologize for the "noose hoax."  

*sigh*  

Just once, I want someone to call a press conference to "apologize" and walk up to the podium and say, "Fuck Donald Trump, and everybody down with him," and walk away.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 7/6/2020 at 10:08 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well... the Bubba Wallace story is going to blow up again. 

The President has demanded he apologize for the "noose hoax."  

*sigh*  

If I had a dollar for every time some cracker on Twitter compared Bubba to Jussie Smollett in the last few weeks, I'd never have to work another day in my life.

Meanwhile, Bubba's Twitter game is reliably strong.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pete said:

4_2020_1200x520_Bristol-AllStar-922x400.

6_2020_1200x520_Bristol-AllStar-922x400.

13_2020_1200x520_Bristol-AllStar-922x400

Full list of All Star paint schemes here. Also note the number placements...

Do you know why they moved the numbers? And you posted the best paint schemes by far. I’m bummed that the 48 looks the same as any other race weekend. 

As for the best looking one I can’t decide if I prefer the 4 or the 6. They’re both quite unique, and would make awesome diecasts.

1 hour ago, MavsFan77 said:

Do you know why they moved the numbers? And you posted the best paint schemes by far. I’m bummed that the 48 looks the same as any other race weekend. 

As for the best looking one I can’t decide if I prefer the 4 or the 6. They’re both quite unique, and would make awesome diecasts.

Oh, the diecasters are already in an uproar over these plus the new Bubba design.

Bubba IS Chick Hicks.

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

The numbers are being moved as an experiment. I think the sponsors will appreciate the extra room they will get on the sides of the cars.

Yeah, for now it's a one-off. They're also going to have underglow lighting on each car.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NASCAR has completely overhauled its schedule for next season

6 road courses - including the Brickyard race being on the Indy road course instead of the oval

One of the two Bristol races will be run on dirt! (the first time since 1970 that NASCAR will run a dirt race)

Nashville and Austin added - Kentucky and Chicago dropped

Michigan International Speedway, Dover International Speedway and Texas Motor Speedway each lost one of two Cup Series points races.

Atlanta and Darlington added a race

And their will be no midweek races "because television ratings did not match the perceived fan enthusiasm for Wednesday nights."

That dirt track at Bristol will either be amazing or dog shit awful.

I like the additional road courses. Giving up Kentucky and Chicago while keeping two races at both Kansas and Pocono is a strange decision.