DVDVR Message Board

DEATH VALLEY DRIVERETTE 02082016! MINORU SUZUKI~! GO SHIOZAKI~!

DEAN

WELCOME TO YOUR DEATH VALLEY DRIVERETTE~! for 02082016!

And more!

~!~

Baby you light up my world like nobody else

The way that you flip your hair SINGLES GOING STEADY gets me overwhelmed

But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell

~!~

GO SHIOZAKI vs MINORU SUZUKI- PRO WRESTLING NOAH- 1/31/2016-[RASMUSSEN]:  The only other time I can precisely trace the point to where I came around on a wrestler, other than Minoru Suzuki, was when Phil Schneider, Tom Karro-Garsner and I went to the Greensboro Fair and saw Pierroth live.  Pierroth live was the walking epitone of violence and menace, something I never latched onto while watching him on tape. It was awesome it was like the moment where I realized that Tenryu wasn't a washed up old guy but a true hurricane of ass-beating.  It was a real epiphany.   Minoru Suzuki clicked in my mind two days ago when I watched this match http://rutube.ru/video/bb2dc089a9e81c02f62b997f00341335 - which is Go Shiozaki and Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs Minoru Sukuki and El Desparado from two days before this match.  Maybe it's just that I didn't see Suzuki's strengths presented to me in such a raw manner and I ignored him altogether after the first couple of matches I saw with him in.  But anyway, I finally figured out that he is doing what I dig most in wrestling currently- like Okabayashi, Kohei Sato, the ilk.  The thing about the tag match that triggered it was the fact that he works stiff as fuck- which I hadn't seen before- but he also is of course really great on the mat, so yeah.  It's like a Tenryu moment- when you first realize Tenryu is awesome- and hopefully this will be a string of matches like 1992-2005 Tenryu.   The match at hand.  They dick around for ten minutes with introductions and stalling and what have you and that is actually good because the running time is 30 minutes, and I'm going to be FIFTY YEARS OLD IN TWO MONTHS so I must conserve all my precious moments, focusing directly on people bashing the shit out of each other, staying away from stupid time-wasting garbage as I sprint to the grave.  (Imagine my chagrine now that I have to watch the two and half hours of bullshit that I have to suffer through to watch the 24 minutes of wrestling that is on RAW, now that my suddenly eleven year old son is a fervent wrestling fan now.)  Go Shiozaki I've always sorta liked but never really had a match to point where he was worth getting excited about.   Here, he and Suzuki beat the dog-piss out of each other and Shiozaki is all fired up firing back from the ass-beating Suzuki starts laying on him.  He makes a better "Fuck you old man" face than my 13 year old son makes when I force him to dump the garbage.  And I assume my son will also crush my chest with chops before he is 17, as I hide behind my wife- hoping she will fight him.  Suzuki bumps to the floor and Shiozaki's chest and palm of his hand are bright red- to the point where you can see the red from a mid-range shot, so that's pretty fucking great.  Suzuki starts working on the arm after getting interference from his douchebag second, Taichi, and procuring and TARANTULA! over the ropes.  Then the evil duo do the great thing of taking turns beating on Shiozaki on the floor while the other argues with the ref.  So Memphis, so sublime.  Suzuki carves into Shiozaki's skull with a screwdriver as the ref screams at the second.  Shiozaki doesn't blade, which is disappointing.  Suzuki goes back to working on the arm leans into a beautiful Wakigatame into a Crippler Crossface into a total Volk Han-ian variation of a Rings Of Saturn for the total RINGS score!  Then he kicks Shoizaki in the head a whole lot and starts kicking him everywhere else and it is awesome.  Then he focuses on the arm and Shiozaki sells it like a champ before trying a scoffed-at hopespot.  Suzuki is sooooo fucking great with the psychology at this point.  His face and punches and kicks all add up to him saying, "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME, YOU FUCKING PUSSY.  I AM WHIPPING YOUR ASS AND ALL YOU CAN DO STARE AT ME."  Fucking awesome.  THAT is how you set up your underdog babyface comeback.  The crowd watching feels empathy for your face and thus will back his comeback with actual emotional attachment.  Can Shiozaki do it?  They trade chops and Suzukl switches to punches before beginning to whither to the chops and tries to cut off Shiozaki with a boot to the face as Go comes of the roipes, but Shiozaki stays on offense and crushes Suzuki with a chop in the corner before hitting the swanky Fisherman's Buster for two.  Shiozaki gets up and sells the arm for a second and Suzuki sells the Fisherman Buster like this is 1978 and he is Tatsumi Fujinami. Suzuki drags Go  into the corner and starts mauling him with chops and kicks- slapping him in the face and laughing at him.  Shiozaki fires back with chops and tries to seal it with a lariat; but Suzuki counters with an armbar that he rolls into a Jujigatame for a few seconds- but breaks the hold and just slams his arm to the mat and goes back to stomping on him before sinking in a sleeper hold, because Suzuki doesn't want to just beat Shiozaki, he wants to humiliate him.  It's great stuff.  Shiozaki judo throws to escape and hits the ropes to try another lariat but Suzuki ducks under and procures another sleeper that Go backdrop drivers out of.  Suzuki blocks the first lariat but catches a second and Shiozaki hits a Jackhammer, crushing Suzuki like a bug.  Shiozaki sells the arm before making the cover to make the kick out work in the context of the psychology of the match.   They run the ropes and Suzuki hits him with a dropkick and just starts beating the shit out of him until the ref gets in between them to scold Suzuki for using his balled up fist to beat the living dogfuck out of Shiozaki.  Then, in another Memphian twist, Kanemaru (who is Shiozaki's second but who didn't really help him much when Suzuki and Taichi were taking turns beating on Shiozaki outside the ring) jumps to Suzuki-gun by hitting a Spinning DDT on Shiozaki, THUS, this betrayal helps to set up Suzuki getting the pin by crushing Shiozaki's skull with a cradle piledriver.   They evilly beat on him after the bell until Maybach Tanaguchi makes the save?  And then Maybach unmasks.  And I don't watch nearly enough NOAH to figure out when Maybach jumped from Suzuki-gun and became friends with Go Shiozaki but it's wrestling and I feel I've gotten aboard right when this all might start getting interesting.  But yeah, you wanna watch this.  Shiozaki is set up to be the victim here and it appears that he is going to be the Super Delfin in this variation of the  Kaientia Deluxe vs Inshin gun-esque feud.  I don't know if Shiozaki has enough fire to counter the sheer awesome evil of Suzuki but Suzuki brings enough hate to the match make any face a super star if he is up to the task.  Very interesting wrestling from something as usually bland as NOAH.  

Naomichi Marufuji © vs. Takashi Sugiura- PRO WRESTLING NOAH- 1/31/2016-[RASMUSSEN]: Coming up.

Tomorrow:  Can Sugiura POSSIBLY beat on Marufuji enough for me to legit give a shit about Naomichi Marufuji?  Tune in tomorrow for SECOND LOOK AT NOAH!

• Like 1