DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I know the Kayfabe explanation for Steamboat getting hurt was from the 450, but I'm not sure in general what caused it.

Actually what the kayfabe reason was Gabriel AND Skip Sheffield

"WWE.com has learned that following a clothesline by Skip Sheffield and a 450 splash by Justin Gabriel, the WWE Hall of Famer suffered cracked ribs, internal injuries, and a sprained neck," WWE said to play up the storyline injury angle.

That got yanked when Steamboat was legit hurt

• Like 1

He is looking like he's in good shape. I think Taker would be happy to work just a garbage style match with Shane taking one big bump.

Shane's return also got me thinking. If he had a good look back in the day, meaning was muscular and looked like a wrestler, would he have been a legit main event guy? Like, would he have gotten over enough to warrant a main event spot, not just getting it through being the boss' son? I almost think he would. He was super charismatic, willing to do some pretty stupid shit, pretty good on the mic, and had the potential to be a heat machine.

Oh my God, I just realized how badly I need the Mean Street Posse to do a run-in at Mania and The Undertaker destroys all of them. Each and every last one of them. I'm excited now! 

I was gonna say that would only make sense if Shane was the heel, but then I remembered the NWO helped Sting last year so making sense isn't an issue. Fuck it, bring on the MSP and the Ministry. Mideon, Gangrel, and uh... Acolyte Faarooq I guess.

I never got the confusion people had over the nWo helping Sting.  By the time WCW ended, Sting had been a member of the nWo, and it was clearly positioned as WCW v. WWE at that point anyways. 

Dude in the pink vest proves you can either get a lot of tatoos or you can grow old.

Not a good idea to do both. Full sleeves rarely look good on a guy my age,

Don't act like you don't know who Rodney aka Rodrageous is. 

Also, he looks like he is using that kid to hold himself up.

Sting was part of the Wolfpack, while the WM run-in clearly depicted the original anti-WCW NWO that Sting feuded with for its entire existence.

Not that it matters at all obviously and there have been plenty of more nonsensical things that have happened in wrestling history, but let's not pretend there was any internal continuity.

WWE is headed back to the Sumo Palace in July. I would presume 1 of the 2 announced shows will be a Network special. I wonder if that proposed New Day vs. Omega and the Bucks thing would actually happen?

No way that happens, despite them using Liger before.  I'd be shocked if Omega even got on UpUpDownDown. 

As we all dissect WWE's lack of starpower going into mania, one of the points that hasn't gotten enough attention is Sting inexplicably facing Rollins at a b-ppv. It was a storyline that popped up out of thin air post-summerslam to fill a ppv of zero consequence. Nobody could have predicted Stings injury, but wouldve  surprised no one that he was on borrowed time. 

Apparently Shane is working with a striking coach to prepare for the match, which doesn't make any sense to me.  Throwing a worked punch has little in common with throwing a legit punch.

Last I read, WWE signed Seth Petruzelli to be their striking coach at NXT, despite no pro wrestling experience, to my knowledge.  Must be a kick that WWE brass is on at the moment.

It's Vic's way of telling me he wants me to put him back on ignore. He doesn't want to ignore me, he wants me to ignore him.

I missed a word. It was late.

Sting was part of the Wolfpack, while the WM run-in clearly depicted the original anti-WCW NWO that Sting feuded with for its entire existence.

Not that it matters at all obviously and there have been plenty of more nonsensical things that have happened in wrestling history, but let's not pretend there was any internal continuity.

It works if you use TNA continuity. But I really don't want to.