DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

WWE would do well with relaunching FCW and letting that be the AA brand. NXT could be the place for guys who will never make the main roster but are worthy of a spot and guys who are on the cusp of making it but need a little more seasoning. 

NXT remains on the Network and FCW is on local Florida TV so the true developmental talent can learn without being exposed to a national audience. 

I'd rather they do like New Japan and send the guys who "graduate" on an excursion.

The perfect place would be the UK. The indy scene is insane, and travel distances are pretty minimal. Place them somewhere in the middle of the country and they could basically drive anywhere in less than 4 hours. They could pretty much work a different promotion every day and work 7 days a week.

Edited to add: I'm talking specifically about the people who weren't already indie veterans. From the current crop, guys like Tino Sabbatelli, Hugo Knox and the Canadian amateur wrestler, those who are working the Florida shows but not on TV or the tours. They would benefit enormously from being able to work a ton of shows in front of all sorts of different crowds and working different gimmicks in the different promotions.

There are some reports out there today that Tyson Kidd might not come back from his injury and will have to retire.

Man, this sucks. After being totally wasted for most of his WWE career he finally had a good thing going with his tag team with Cesaro and now this.

It may suck, but on the other hand, WWE will hopefully take care of him for life and he can live that life without taking any bumps, training others (and it seems like he'd be a good trainer) or he could be a road agent.

Clearly I am the only one who watches the Game Night things on the WWE Youtube channel.

I am also sadly way too excited that in two weeks

Social Outcasts and Charlotte take on New Day, Tyler Breeze and Sasha Banks in Dodgeball

Cb8RhyuUMAAaiwW.jpg

Cb8Egn2UcAE6RpP.jpg

The Usos are the worst Heads Up players I've ever seen and their complete lack of integrity on the questions they DID "get right" was awful. 

But it's worth watching the whole series just for Conner's perfect Boyz n the Hood.

The old one will come back at WrestleMania for a nostalgia runin

Man.  Remember when the streak was a big deal?  Taker loses a match and now he's fucking jobbing to Shane McMahon this year. 

I never really thought Tyson Kidd coming back was on the table.  I just hope he can live comfortably.

I think he's pointing out that the smarks love to jump down Ryback's throat for being "a sloppy piece of shit" in the ring, but when a muscle buster gone wrong might have ended a dude's career, nary a peep about Samoa Joe. Nobody's making jokes about Kidd's injury, it's not funny.

There's no "double standard". Ryback is sloppy and reckless. Joe isn't. Tyson getting hurt was a freak accident, the only one of its kind off of a move Joe must have executed a thousand times. Same reason no one suddenly decided Rey Jr was sloppy and dangerous because of Perro Aguayo Jr's death

• Like 1