DVDVR Message Board

The Division

It has things about it that make me think I might enjoy it but at the same time because of the negative comments I think I'll just wait for a price drop.

Yeah, you have to believe a lot of this stuff will be patched or at least made more tolerable in the future. Otherwise, the shelf life of this thing may not survive the first DLC releases.

In poking around - Ubisoft did its first State of the Game yesterday and said that an update will be released next week

No details of the update yet

Similar to Destiny, I'm sure it will improve over time. So you may be better off jumping in a few months from now. I wish I had done that to Destiny.

That's my other hesitancy to this. I still need to run through and finish playing the Taken King content.  My frustration with it is that I did not have a group to play with on Playstation. At least with Division, my one frequent gaming buddy on PS4 is playing this.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow the Dark Zone is really no joke.  I tried it for a little bit last night, and it really is insane, even after getting up to level 30.  Enemies will hunt you down and there are very few places to hide. 

I really couldn't get any items to the extraction points on my own at all.  

Fuck you, Ubisoft, fuck you corpse of Tom Clancy, thank God for Redbox.

Goddamn game is fucking stupid. Even random missions (not storyline-based ones, just "protect these supplies") are so goddamn difficult they can't be done.

First off, I'm in a freaking "elite fighting unit," except I have no helmet or apparently a gas mask, because random looters on the streets have an apparently unlimited supply of tear gas. Why do random looters who shake down homeless guys have an endless, endless supply of tear gas?

The random looters are not only better equipped than me - a member of an elite fighting unit - there's always six of them, and you can't come out of cover and shoot one without five firing at you. Oh, here comes one with a baseball bat. You'd think that'd be easy enough, considering I have a freaking shotgun, but IT NEVER FAILS that right at the moment freakin' Big Papi is coming at you with a Louisville Slugger, you're magically out of ammo and have to reload.

Meanwhile, you're out of cover dealing with Big Papi bashing your head in and five other dudes are shooting at you. I stand no chance whatsoever at finishing even side missions.

Meanwhile, I'm in an ELITE FIGHTING UNIT, and extra grenades and health refills are more scarce than platinum. They can't bother to equip me with a helmet, gas mask and more than one or two grenades at a time? They want to see me die. It's the only explanation.

Some of you guys may be fucking the greatest thing to ever hit video gaming, but damn, unless you're The Biggest Badass on the Planet, you can't get any traction. I'd love to see those guys who can single-handedly kill 250,000 players in Grand Theft Auto Online take this game on. I'm nowhere near good enough at video games to handle this game. I'm just not, and I'm man enough to admit it. If you are, I really don't wanna hear about it, because I don't care.

I don't even wanna know about Dark Zone, other players would probably find some kind of before-undiscovered way to sodomize me. I have no desire to squeal like a pig.

It's back to Redbox you go, Nessie.

The worst glitch I've experienced.

When I do matchmaking for the Incursion, it matchmakes me for a group that is already too deep into the mission, but it spawns me in at the very start.  So when I try to enter the sewer to start the mission, the screen automatically goes to a loading screen and sends you back to the very beginning of the zone a few steps away.  It's frustrating.  I don't know how they could let something like that get through.

The first Incursion is rough.  It took hours.  IMHO, the Incursion takes way too much time because its 15 waves of enemies.  Besides that, it seems way too artificially difficult.  I think the Raids in Destiny are better paced, at least if the team generally knows what they are doing.

For the Falcon Lost Incursion, we know what needed to be done, but the fight was still ridiculously long.  

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

To me it's symbolic of the problem of these online multiplayer AAA games.  They seem cool at first, but they are ultimately shallow and they get old very quickly.  I feel like they've enabled publishers and developers to get lazy.

Sure The Division has a cool premise and basic gameplay, but what's the incentive to continue playing it once you beat all the additional missions?  The first Incursion was hot garbage.  

The Dark Zone drops are absolutely awful.  And the PvP elements are weak.  Especially since the game discourages you from going rogue and such.  What improvements is the 1.4 patch truly going to make?

52 minutes ago, J.T. said:

As it stands right now, the only game I really feel the urgency to play on XBone will be Andromeda.

And RDR2

And playing Borderlands Co-Op