DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For March 16, 2016 (Taped 1/27)

RIPPA

Week 2

- The Hype Bros def. Angelo Dawkins and Kenneth Crawford  (likely a dark match)

- Emma (w/Dana Brooke) def. Deonna Purazzo 

- Thomasso Ciampa def. Jesse Sorensen 

- Bayley and Asuka def. Eva Marie and Nia Jax. 
- Post match: William Regal announces that Asuka is the new number one contender to the NXT Women's Championship.

- American Alpha def. The Vaudevillains to become number 1 contenders to the NXT Tag Team Championship 

- Sami Zayn comes out for a promo and describes his battle with Samoa Joe as a war. He still wants to be a two time NXT Champion. He begins to describe the growth of NXT and feeling like a proud papa. As he begins to discuss Takeover: Dallas, William Regal interrupts. Regal says that he knows Sami wants to be on that show and he has an opponent for him. It's NXT's newest signee. A video plays to introduce Shinsuke Nakamura as Sami's opponent. 

Week 2

- The Hype Bros def. Angelo Dawkins and Kenneth Crawford  (likely a dark match)

- Emma (w/Dana Brooke) def. Deonna Purazzo 

- Thomasso Ciampa def. Jesse Sorensen 

- Bayley and Asuka def. Eva Marie and Nia Jax. 
- Post match: William Regal announces that Asuka is the new number one contender to the NXT Women's Championship.

- American Alpha def. The Vaudevillains to become number 1 contenders to the NXT Tag Team Championship 

- Sami Zayn comes out for a promo and describes his battle with Samoa Joe as a war. He still wants to be a two time NXT Champion. He begins to describe the growth of NXT and feeling like a proud papa. As he begins to discuss Takeover: Dallas, William Regal interrupts. Regal says that he knows Sami wants to be on that show and he has an opponent for him. It's NXT's newest signee. A video plays to introduce Shinsuke Nakamura as Sami's opponent. 

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn and Bayley vs. Asuka at NXT Takeover: Dallas...

d-bryan-yes-yes-o.gif

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I want twenty minutes of Gotch vs. Gable in a singles match.

I don't know if Nia's stuff actually hurts, but it doesn't look like it does except for the Samoan drop.

Does Aries have T-Rex arms? First time I noticed that if so.

More Ciampa striking people, please!

Every show should just have a five minute segment where Emma beats up some jobber.

Jason Jordan suplexing dudes > Brock Lesnar suplexing dudes.

I appreciate that Aiden English was willing to destroy his spinal cord for my enjoyment tonight.

If you told me I could only watch the matches of one WWE act over the next year American Alpha would be one of my main considerations. Gable is so good in opening exchanges, he plays a great FIP, and their hot tag stuff is the best thing in WWE.

Asuka held nothing back on Eva, and I enjoyed that match as well. It's nice to see A Double in NXT because I think they needed another promo guy. Emma would've been right at home working squash matches in mid 80's Crockett.

I can't remember the last time there was a show where I was looking forward to every match like Takeover Dallas. Joe and Balor have the toughest job of the night main eventing that stacked show.

God damn did I get chills when Nakamura showed up. I hope he gets to go all out with the "King of Strong Style" gimmick and wear the crown, robe, Michael Jackson jacket etc.

The best part of this show is that I have no idea how any of the matches will pan out. The safest bet right now feels like American Alpha winning the tag belts but who knows.

Nakamura has to come in strong but Zayn has a match at Mania so can he afford to lose again? Owens run in to spoil the moment maybe?

Joe could win the title but both guys could also be called up to Raw a couple days later so I have no idea.

Asuka and Bayley is a 50/50. They could keep running Bailey as the ace until someone like Bliss, Jax or Emma/Dana take over. Asuka could still face Nia. And how would Bailey go in the Sami Zayn style quest to be a 2 time champ?

Aries v Corbin. Id love to see Corbin get a big win here and march on to take the title from Balor but, like Nakamura, Aries should be hot right out of the gate. Aries chasing Joe could be incredible...

• Like 1

Asuka is officially the best wrestler on the roster because she brought emotion out of Eva in the ring for the first time ever. Eva looked like a kid riding their first big roller coaster during that strike flurry. A combination of fear, shock, and "when the fuck is this gonna be over" all sold through her face... There may be hope for her yet.

I'm trying to temper my expectations for Takeover Dallas, because it's unfair and unrealistic to go into a show expecting a show of the decade... But just looking at that card, how can you not?

Fun show, but nothing too amazing. Great place-setter for Takeover though, even if the awful fake snow effect for Nakamura's video lead-in was a bit much. Can't go wrong with Sami-Nakamura though. Women's tag was fun, and far better than either male tag match. Emma-Deonna never really got going, but put Emma over strong. Dana's look remains absolutely bizarre and does nothing for me, and Deonna Purrazzo should probably not have her initials on her gear.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/03/nxt-3-16-16.html

Screens -
0bd38f472125068.jpg

0e1235472125078.jpg

9cf0bd472125170.jpg

6c19ae472125097.jpg

4dede3472125123.jpg

0ea331472125151.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/uey6cakdp8zk7o4enpma0re3d2a05a5z

Mainly tuned in to catch Aries and Asuka. Aries' promo had an oldschool feel to it, good stuff. Very excited for him and hope he excels in NXT/WWE. He had a ton of great stuff the past few years especially. Women's tag was disappointingly short, but Asuka shined as usual and I hope she wins the title. Still feel like Nia Jax hasn't recovered from London. Emma is a fantastic all around character, great squash for her. I like Deonna too, pretty good and has potential. Likewise, I always thought Jesse Sorensen had star potential in TNA so I hope he gets a bigger shot here, seems to have the look WWE would like and is solid in the ring.

God the production of the Nakamura video was terrible

You would have thought they might have turned down the crowd a little so you could hear what he was saying but... nope

• Like 2

I enjoyed the women's tag. Surprised that they didn't tease Asuka/Eva interaction a little longer.

Emma and Dana continue to rule it as Mean Girls. When some jobber finally beats Emma, the crowd is going to go crazy. 

Corey Graves announcing for the Jax/Eva vs. Asuka/Bayley match was perfect. I love the realization that Eva Marie was going to be in the ring with Asuka and there was zero percent chance it was going to end well for Miss All Red Everything.

• Like 3