DVDVR Message Board

Problem: Full screen PC to television.

Adam

Hiya guys,

Has anybody come across this before or know a solution that I'm just too dumb to work out? I have my PC (around eight years old) hooked up to my HDTV via HDMI Cable. When I watch the WWE Network via Google Chrome it works absolutely fine, however when I click to go to full screen in the browser the frame rate drops alarmingly that it's simply not watchable (Sometimes it appears that i'm watching a slideshow) but when I go back to normal browser mode (small picture inside the WWE Network webpage) it runs fine.

Now when I connect my PS3 to my TV it runs smooth as anything in full screen mode.

Is this simply a case of my TV being too new for my PC and my PC isn't capable of that frame rate (obvious I don't know what i'm talking about at this point?) or is there something else?

Any help is appreciated.

cheers

-Adam 

Hiya guys,

Has anybody come across this before or know a solution that I'm just too dumb to work out? I have my PC (around eight years old) hooked up to my HDTV via HDMI Cable. When I watch the WWE Network via Google Chrome it works absolutely fine, however when I click to go to full screen in the browser the frame rate drops alarmingly that it's simply not watchable (Sometimes it appears that i'm watching a slideshow) but when I go back to normal browser mode (small picture inside the WWE Network webpage) it runs fine.

Now when I connect my PS3 to my TV it runs smooth as anything in full screen mode.

Is this simply a case of my TV being too new for my PC and my PC isn't capable of that frame rate (obvious I don't know what i'm talking about at this point?) or is there something else?

Any help is appreciated.

cheers

-Adam

That sounds like the processor/videocard on your computer can't keep up. Try reducing the resolution on your computer to 1280x720 - 720p - which is the maximum resolution 99% of internet video runs at anyway. No insults but 8 years old is ancient, if that doesn't work you'll probably just need to accept it.

• Like 1

What Vince said.  8 years in human years is 800 in tech years.  Your graphics card probably cannot keep up with the HD demands of your television set. 

Either scale down to 720p or lower and use the HDMI or DVI cable (if the TV has a DVI slot) or run a VGA or Super VGA monitor cable between your PC and the HDTV (most HDTVs have a either a VGA slot, a Super VGA slot, or both at the base of the set).

If you just want to get rid of the old PC, I picked up an ASUS VivoPC specifically for the living room and it's great.  It was only like $250 and I use it for WWE network and watching movies from an attached USB drive.  Works like a dream so far.  Get that and a Bluetooth keyboard/touchpad combo and you're in business.

Thanks for your replies everybody. Vince turning it down to that resolution made full screen run 99% smoother. You can still see a bit of a drag in frame rate but if I wasn't looking for it it wouldn't be noticable. 

Thanks for the advice :)

• Like 1

Just for the record - I had the same thing happen on my (at least) 5 year old machine.

Videocard can't handle the Network in Full Screen (though it can tolerate Youtube)

Of course - I already knew my machine needs replacing since it can't even handle the upgrade to Windows 10