DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 1-18-16

MGFanJay

So Kalisto went from feeling like he COULD be a star, a legit star, and then within seven days, isn't. He jobbed twice in a week on TV, and he's just doomed - even if he wins at the Rumble, he's already been dialed down. Oh, and Bray is back to being a top guy and could win the WWE World Title at the Rumble despite feuding with the Dudley Boys for about four months. Wow.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/01/wwe-raw-1-18-16.html

Screens - 

ed14f9459994955.jpg 

b88285459994906.jpg 

d3a8eb460001770.jpg

c19087460001774.jpg

Vintage MK III Vs Screen
a09ea5460001799.jpg 

8dbd8f460006394.jpg 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/tmjh5gn95b6dftu29xb7xs5yclrlojwh

Wow.  When was the last time a big ending angle with so many guys hitting so many big moves met with such silence?

I mean they built that up all night and then...
They booed a little when Roman speared Brock.  And then a little the 2nd time.  Which is a reaction, but not the right one.

They were silent when Brock was attacking the LoN. 

They were, like, collectively protesting the Wyatts, but just in a "why do we have to watch this? I'm tired!"kind of way.  They were just bored.

That was X-Pac's christmas poem about Kane and Tory level of apathy.

This was Vince waiting backstage to say "Well, fellas...that didn't work.  Does anyone have Austin's Doctor's number?"

• Like 1

I'll go ahead and get this out of the way since I'm probably the only one.

No, we have no reason to care about the Wyatts. But that's a hell of a first step towards a rebuild.

'Night.

EDIT: Becky Lynch vs. Ric Flair is money. And Charlotte should be wearing pant suits.

Ok, that's it.

So I guess they fed the fuel for that Bray Wyatt vs Brock Lesnar match that I really don't have a desire to see

Seeing the Wyatts out at the end of a show in the middle of someone else's angle is now like when your Trump supporter uncle shows up at your barbecue. 

• Like 5

Watching Bo Dallas mugging and looking more like Marco Rubio than ever before I couldn't stop re-imagining the social outcasts as a bunch of primary losers who won't go away.

Basically I saw them as:

Bo Dallas: Marco Rubio
Heath Slater: Jim Webb
Curtis Axl: Rick Perry
Adam Rose: Zombie Paul Tsongas

It then made so much sense when they wouldn't stop taking the mic from each other and even sense more when Hillary The Big Show Clinton chokeslammed Jim Webb and then laid Marco out while he was taking his victory lap while a few holdouts chanted "Please retire!"

• Like 4

I would love to see Luke Harper vs Brock Lesnar a thousand times more than Brock vs Bray but not at a Wrestlemania

Really didn't do anything to sway my thoughts that Reigns will be the final man standing until a certain guy related to Vince shows up and wins the title.   At this rate all we can hope for is that the "surprise that has never been seen before" that Stephanie talked about stays far away from the final result

There is a big production element missing right now.  A lack of effort.  Like, if Charlotte is going to show up and watch Becky's matches with her father, why do they not have a VIP section with a table full of food and champagne set up at every show?

COME ON, that's like basic booking!

There is a big production element missing right now.  A lack of effort.  Like, if Charlotte is going to show up and watch Becky's matches with her father, why do they not have a VIP section with a table full of food and champagne set up at every show?

Wasn't that Tyler Breeze's gimmick for the 8 seconds he had a push?

Tyler stole it and he's going to put it up on eBay when he gets released.

Anyone notice Jericho had Miz's mic for the opening segment?

Cole said Mike Sharpe always wore an elbow pad.

I hate The Usos more and more every day.

Why exactly did they make Brock look so weak? Was it just to get The Wyatts over? I'm not a fan of that, but I'm still a huge fan of Harper, and glad they brought back that closeline.

Boy that segment with Vince and Steph drawing the numbers was astonishingly bad television.

Just want to get that out since it got overshadowed by that mess of an ending.

The only thing we learned from that segment is that even steroids won't help you with some of those advil like lids

The true big story tonight was while you have a match with Mark Henry, Titus O Neil, and R-Truth "keeping the dream live" on Martin Luther King's birthday, the pasty white guy STILL GETS THE PIN.  

Oh and that Tyler Breeze is going to get all the blame for that botch at the end

• Like 1