DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... Last Try

RIPPA

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tajiri for the best midcarder discussion. Is it that people feel his ECW stuff occasionally getting a main event disqualifies him?

I love Tajiri. He, Mikey and Vandenberg were such a fucking awesome act. Probably one of the highlights of late ECW for me. And his stuff with Regal was really awesome too. I loved his short lived tag team with Rhyno and subsequent feud, I loved the mist. I'm a big fan of his.

I know I've said it on here somewhere before, but one of my favourite WWE memories of the early 2000s was the way Tajiri just kinda appeared as Regal's assistant, then when he had his first match and made one of his great kicks, the audience gets this hushed "Did he just really kick Crash Holly in the head?" sound while Regal makes this amazing facial expression like "Is this really the guy who I've been using as a lowly assistant?!"  His early momentum got kinda side-tracked by the Invasion angle.  But that one match was so awesome.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tajiri for the best midcarder discussion. Is it that people feel his ECW stuff occasionally getting a main event disqualifies him?

I love Tajiri. He, Mikey and Vandenberg were such a fucking awesome act. Probably one of the highlights of late ECW for me. And his stuff with Regal was really awesome too. I loved his short lived tag team with Rhyno and subsequent feud, I loved the mist. I'm a big fan of his.

I know I've said it on here somewhere before, but one of my favourite WWE memories of the early 2000s was the way Tajiri just kinda appeared as Regal's assistant, then when he had his first match and made one of his great kicks, the audience gets this hushed "Did he just really kick Crash Holly in the head?" sound while Regal makes this amazing facial expression like "Is this really the guy who I've been using as a lowly assistant?!"  His early momentum got kinda side-tracked by the Invasion angle.  But that one match was so awesome.

Here it is, btw

• Like 1

The thing with Tajiri was, you'd think that having been a big star in the USA, he'd have gone back to Japan and been a top star main eventer there. But he never really did. He sort of flitted around from promotion to promotion feuding with their main eventers and losing in the end.