DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 81: Dillashaw vs. Cruz (1/17/2016) - Boston, MA (TD Garden)

Elsalvajeloco

Great fight between Felder and Cruickshank. Daron probably wins the first two rounds, but then Felder stops his losing streak by pulling off a slick RNC with about a minute left in the fight.

I don't know what it is with Felder and his style, but he makes fights close.

It will be interesting to see who they match Wade up with next. He basically gets guys to the ground, beats on them, and then gets a submission if the opportunity is presented to him. He hasn't really fought anyone who can get him out of that rhythm.

With the win over Saunders, Patrick Cote now has a winning record inside the UFC: 10-9.

His title fight with Tito Ortiz is basically the beginning of my serious MMA fandom.  I had watched a lot of the really early UFCs, but mostly I was less than a casual fan.  I started doing jiu jitsu right around the time of UFC 50 and decided to give it another look and haven't looked back since.  I've watched essentially every UFC since and I I'm happy to see Cote still getting it done.

• Like 1

Great fight between Felder and Cruickshank. Daron probably wins the first two rounds, but then Felder stops his losing streak by pulling off a slick RNC with about a minute left in the fight.

I don't know what it is with Felder and his style, but he makes fights close.

It seems to me like Felder doesn't mind getting hit if he can get a counter or two in (or beat his opponent to the strike). He's pretty loose defensively but so crisp offensively. I like how he grinded out Cruickshank. Everybody in the building knew what Felder was going for but Cruickshank was too worn down to defend it. Nice determination and endurance from Felder. 

Shame the TV prelims are on TFN in Canada and not on TSN. I'll have to watch them when they're up on Fight Pass shortly.

And holy shit, Latifi. That was scary power. 5 of his 6 fights in the octagon have ended in the first round. Love how he fights and he has a rad, jacked up look. 

Disgusted with Travis Browne right now.  Not even a timeout or a point deduction for the second blatant eye poke.

Alvarez/Pettis was in no way a robbery.  It was a close, tough fight, and Alvarez simply grinded out a win on points.  Pettis had a good second round, but he wasn't really dominating those rounds.  He didn't really do a lot or pull the trigger.  He was clearly gassed by the end.  And he looked off tonight.