[SPOILERS] NXT Tapings (Airs 2/3/16)

RIPPA

Per WON

NXT for 2/3

The Vaudevillains beat Mojo Rawley & Zack Ryder

Carmella beat Emma

Enzo Amore & Big Cass beat ?

Asuka beat Santana Garrett

Finn Balor beat Apollo Crews clean in a non-title match.

Per PWI

Week 4

- The Vaudevillains def. The Hype Bros 

- Carmella def. Emma (w/Dana Brooke)

- Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady def. Two jobbers (names were not announced)

- Asuka def. Santana Garrett 

- Finn Balor def. Apollo Crews in a non title match.

After the show, on social media, the following matches were announced for the NXT Taping at the CFE Arena in Orlando on January 24. They are:

- Bayley vs. Carmella for the NXT Women's Championship 
- Sami Zayn vs. Samoa Joe to determine the number one contender to the NXT Championship

I'm sort of happy to see Carmella getting a shot, but at the same time surprised as she way less ready than Bliss was. On the other hand she is better off than Eva. I feel somehow this just ends with her dying by Nia and Bayley trying to avenge a friend.

BTW - Dana Brooke was at ringside with Emma so I am excited about her continuing to be an awesome 2nd

So clearly isn't cleared to wrestle yet as they kept her out of the Battle Royal

• 4 weeks later...

I am so over Finn Bálor. Send him up to the main roster so I don't have to see him on top of NXT. He's beginning to reach Seth Rollins-level unwatchability for me. 

I thought the promo work on this show was good, but Carmella has anti-charisma. There is nothing authentic or likable about her even when she's happily talking about her dad or whatever. 

Dana Brooke continues to excel in her Trash Talk 101 classes with Professor Mark Henry, apparently.

Who is Santana Garrett? The Asuka match was my favorite thing on this show. 

Who had the bright idea to use the term "Title Free Match" rather than "Non-Title Match"?  I thought Balor and Crews had another good match but I assume there isn't a rematch in their near future as for some reason I was expecting another run-in by Corbin to keep teasing a result between those two.  Emma is seriously fucking dope in those sunglasses.  I liked goofy Emma but she has totally come into her own.   Is this the last Full Sail show until Wrestlemania?

"Title Free Match" has been some weird WWE term for a while now - it's bizarre, even by their standards. Fun show overall. Both the Asuka-Garrett and Crews-Balor matches were great. Hype Bros match kinda sucked, but that's the norm for them - Graves was hilarious mocking Mojo on commentary endlessly. Emma vs. Carmella was sloppy, but effective for Carmella while her boys looked strong squashing two jobbers in quick fashion.

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/2dkwg7q7kgryjozblpp4wualibfxmtuo

Screens - 

25d4ca463215061.jpg 

1541fc463215088.jpg 

c47b8f463215132.jpg 

fd1d02463215147.jpg 

c13ece463215154.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/2dkwg7q7kgryjozblpp4wualibfxmtuo

Wasn't super into Vaudevillains/Hype Bros.

Carmella < Emma, but she'll be plenty carryable next week. Emma has really been stellar since the heel turn. "Third best diva in the developmental division" doesn't SOUND like a compliment, but it really is.

Santana Garrett looked great on that match, and I'd like to see more of her in NXT.

Asuka's got amazing presence. Everything about her screams "badass".

I'm just not that high on Enzo and Cass. Enzo cuts a great promo, but I'm just not that into their matches.

Crews, by contrast, does not cut a great promo. His was incredibly bland. Finn's was better.

The match, though, I thought was very good. Best Crews has looked in NXT. It was a change for Finn, too, not working from underneath.

Santana's been a Florida regular for years and had a brief TNA run in 2014 as "Brittany" but had a real breakout year last year, winning the NWA Women's Title & SHINE title and having long reigns with both plus a Japan tour so she was all over. Had some very good matches in Shine. Good to see her here and a solid short match with Asuka. Asuka continues to be the most fun performer to watch. I try to tune in to whichever episodes she's on. Balor/Crews was pretty good as well.

• Like 1

Just watched last night's NXT episode and Santana Garrett was in there with Asuka and looked great. Shame she didn't come out Ultimo Dragon style with all the belts! Sign her up already.

Thought this was a better episode than recent weeks, which had sort of been dragging for me. Even Finn, who I'd begun to slowly grow tired of, pulled me back in with Apollo. They did a great babyface/babyface match, trying to one-up one another. Their chemistry seems very good too.

Man y'all are sleeping on the sign in the crowd during the opening tag calling for Gotch v Gable.

Give those guys 10-15 mins and just watch them work.

Im still heart broken that Santino retired before we got to see him go 10 mins with Gotch in a "strong man" comedy match so please NXT; Give us Gotch v Gable!!

"There's a real possibility I'm going to punch you in the throat, Tom."

Regal is thinner for sure, but he looks like he has had some good rest too. The surgery is already benefiting him.

Is Santana Garrett signed? Because she damn well looked like she belongs.

Emma really needs another shot in the main roster, her current gimmick would go over well with the crowd and immediately make her the top heel of the women's division.

Bestest headlock city main event. Seriously, great ring psychology and pacing.

Santana worked the next taping as well (vs. Emma), so it seems like she's on their radar.  Saw her first several matches in the St. Louis area and it's cool to see how far she's progressed.

I'm in for Gable vs. Gotch as well.

Garrett lives in Orlando - so it is similar to the Blue Pants deal where if they need help, she is local.

That being said - she is a far better worker than Leva

She also used to live with Larry Zbysko and got training from Scott Hall she there are clearly folks in NXT with connections to her.

She already looks better than Carmella in the ring. I think Carmella will be mostly in a manager role on the main roster, and I think she'll get much more over there. I say it every week but Emma is way too good for her current role. I could see it if she was mildly attractive and didn't have "da look" for the MR, but she's smoking hot and a good worker. Plus her and Dana are a great act. Hopefully they get the call when Dana is ready.

Balor vs Crews was pretty good, but not much happened before the big moves kicked in. Crews needs to find a way to add something to a match before the finishing stretch. I thought Balor gave a better performance in their last match. I still don't know what's going on with the Vaudevillians are they heels or faces or tweeners? I guess it was a good show considering it was the 4th one in front of the same crowd.

Emma really needs another shot in the main roster, her current gimmick would go over well with the crowd and immediately make her the top heel of the women's division.

I highly doubt this - they've positioned Charlotte as top heel and are nonsensically turning Divas face like crazy just because there's a huge surplus of heels. Emma would immediately be lost in the shuffle, if anything.