DVDVR Message Board

2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Or maybe you can have them buy you a burrito.  Sorry, yet not sorry, it was right there.

I'm really hoping they come back to at least Philly sometime soon.  Baltimore would be ideal.  I'm still bummed I missed out when they went to Philly last time.

• Like 2

The list of teams now on the main roster made me wonder what teams are left in NXT with Enzo/Cass and the Vaudevillains going up:

• American Alpha
  • Revival
  • Blake and Murphy
  • Hype Bros

Doesn't seem like enough. American Alpha in particular will need some new heel opponents once the Revival are done with. Seems like the chatter about Gallows/Anderson has had them going to the main roster, and in any event Bullet Club/Balor Club/Bulletproof are going to take a lot of work to turn them into heels on NXT, whereas on the main roster it'd be easier. Busick/Ciampa seem like a possible pairing that might work?

9 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

The list of teams now on the main roster made me wonder what teams are left in NXT with Enzo/Cass and the Vaudevillains going up:

• American Alpha
  • Revival
  • Blake and Murphy
  • Hype Bros

Doesn't seem like enough. American Alpha in particular will need some new heel opponents once the Revival are done with. Seems like the chatter about Gallows/Anderson has had them going to the main roster, and in any event Bullet Club/Balor Club/Bulletproof are going to take a lot of work to turn them into heels on NXT, whereas on the main roster it'd be easier. Busick/Ciampa seem like a possible pairing that might work?

Ciampa and Gargano have been a tag team for a while and are exclusive to NXT now apparently, so that's a fifth (or fourth- I'm not convinced that the Hype Bros stay in NXT as endgame of this Zack Ryder semi-push going on). 

As for future NXT teams- it seems like Fandango and No Way Jose will be a team by the Fourth of July, so that's one potential one. Either way, there's as many potential women's tag teams as men's in NXT for now (Carmella/Liv or BayMella, Nia/Eva, Dana/Emma, Billie/Peyton).

4 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

Never saw the Vaudvillians call-up coming. Doesn't seem like an act for the main roster. Let's see how they do. But with the additions of them and Enzo/Cass, the main roster tag division is getting quite large.

Much like The Ascension, they've reached the point where you either have to give them a shot or release them, IMO. That being said, I'd be worried if I were The Ascension right now.

• Like 1

On April 5, 2016 at 0:08 PM, Buy Me a Burrito said:

If there are any folks going to Charlotte that want to hang out with me before the show (like grab a bite to eat or something), hit me up. 

I would, but I'll probably be getting there right on time/a little late.

I joked that #NXTConcord didn't have the same ring as #NXTCharlotte, but they seem to be using both.  I'm pretty pumped Nakamura will be there.

On 5.4.2016 at 7:00 PM, SorceressKnight said:

Ciampa and Gargano have been a tag team for a while and are exclusive to NXT now apparently, so that's a fifth (or fourth- I'm not convinced that the Hype Bros stay in NXT as endgame of this Zack Ryder semi-push going on). 

As for future NXT teams- it seems like Fandango and No Way Jose will be a team by the Fourth of July, so that's one potential one. Either way, there's as many potential women's tag teams as men's in NXT for now (Carmella/Liv or BayMella, Nia/Eva, Dana/Emma, Billie/Peyton).

Why is everone forgetting about Shane Haste and Mikey Nicholls? I hope they make their debut on the next set of TV tapings.