DVDVR Message Board

2015-16 NFL Playoffs: Wildcard Weekend

Dolfan in NYC

So, to modify something I said earlier, the AFC Divisional QB's are: The Toradol-stuffed walking dead that is Ben Rothelisberger, Alex Smith, Tom Brady with a busted wheel and a zombie Offensive line, and the Decaying Corpse of Peyton Manning. Um. wow.

And the Comissioner wants to play 18 regular season games!

Burficht is the dirtiest player in the game. Lewis should be fired for the disc graceful way his team played - oh yeah and choking away a win when all they needed was three runs and a FG. I don't think the Steelrers get by Denver after this war but at least Cincy wasn't rewarded for their assholery.

I don't really think the narrative that Cincinnati was a bunch of dickbags and Pittsburgh were white knights rings true, though. The hit on Gio was filthy. There are legal hits that are dirty and illegal hits that are part of the game. The rulebook is flawed. I think they both played a physical, chippy game and for sure, it got away from Cincinnati. But it's not so one sided.

Yeah, that hit on Gio was dirty as shit. It is kinda funny to watch Pitt fans pull the innocent card like their team isn't full of lowlife fuckboys too.

The hit on Gio was legal but as dirty and violent as any I've ever seen.

Bengals got flashed earlier on one that wasn't even slightly dirty, but was vicious and illegal by the letter of the law.

That whole game was a street fight in pads.

• Like 1

If you rule it a catch (they did, both live and in the replay) then he caught the ball and turned, thus becoming a runner, and making it a legal hit. Again, though, by any reasonable definition of the word "defenseless" Gio absolutely was. Just not by the NFL's definition. And it was clearly a dirty hit with the intention of knocking him the fuck out.

• Like 1

I don't think anybody is saying it's a dirty hit according to the rules, but I am saying that the rules are completely fucked and so is the league. Shoot, what was the concussion count for that game alone? And that corporate company man/spineless human being Jim Nantz (probably my least favourite sports commentator) doesn't say what injuries players have (concussion) but that they're out. The NFL is some greasy ass shit.

I don't know how sweet it is if Burfict is responsible for Brown missing the next game and Ben being injured for the next game. There might have been two losers tonight.

Also, Joey Porter was pushed because he was on the field talking trash with the Bengals defense which..  I'm pretty sure should not be happening and he should be fined and suspended for that, honestly.

I don't know how sweet it is if Burfict is responsible for Brown missing the next game and Ben being injured for the next game. There might have been two losers tonight.

I get that...but putting the Bungles in their place, especially after their premature celebrating and dirty play and the injuries they inflicted on us this year. This is like eliminating them after TJ shined his shoes with the Terrible Towel. But better.

It's gonna be even better when Denver puts what's left of the Stillers in their place 27-3 next week. I'm sure Pitt fans are gonna love four hours of talk about Peyton's audibles and playing the game the right way.

Can't wait (to play Fallout 4 instead of watching that).

• Like 1

If Lewis gets fired I can't say it was totaly unjust or something. People harp on the playoff thing but entirely forget something: The entire 15 year period before he was hired. The big fear I have is we get rid of a guy who gets into the playoffs with the next Doogie Shula, the next Dick Lebeau or the next Bruce Cosslet. Point being there are far worse situations than making the playoffs and failing, and I lived through it. If they fire him they damn sure better know who they are going to replace him with and be incredibly confident that person will succeed.

• Like 1

It's gonna be even better when Denver puts what's left of the Stillers in their place 27-3 next week. I'm sure Pitt fans are gonna love four hours of talk about Peyton's audibles and playing the game the right way.

Can't wait (to play Fallout 4 instead of watching that).

Just like how Denver was supposed to beat the Steelers in the regular season? How many points did we hang on the league's best defence?? And wasn't Peyton reallly shitty for most of this year??

Between Porter and Munchak getting a personal foul for pulling that guy's weave, the Steelers might have the craziest coaching staff in the league. Imagine Todd Haley of all people being the paragon of poise and calm.

Don't forget Tomlin awhile back interfering with a kick returner.

Also, Joey Porter was pushed because he was on the field talking trash with the Bengals defense which..  I'm pretty sure should not be happening and he should be fined and suspended for that, honestly.

Why should he be fined and suspended? What he did wasn't against the rules, coaches can go onto the field to check on a injured player which is what he did, Burfict was talking shit and gave one of the Steelers med staff a slight shove that's what caused Porter to hang back, Pacman then came running over and pushed him. Lewis should have pulled the Bengal defense to the sideline and read them the riot act for all the shit they were doing, instead he was jabbering with the side judge.

Maybe if Cincy showed up in the first 3 quarters of the game they wouldn't have been in that situation.

• Like 1

porter.0.gif

What was he doing walking toward Bengal players?

Mabye he wanted a word with the ref;) Porter did nothing illegal if he checked in woth the side judge that he was going to check on a injured player. Porter totally did a little shit stirring but smirking at the opposing team isn't a penalty. Looking at it again, I think Pacmans penalty was more for the running over after things were somewhat calmed down and the contact with the ref who threw the flag.

If the Bengals stopped the Steelers on 4th down the play before they wouldn't have been in that situation.