2015-16 NFL Playoffs: Wildcard Weekend

Dolfan in NYC

Saturday is for Shitty AFC Playoff Games:

#5 Kansas City @ #4 Houston, 4:35pm ET

#6 Pittsburgh @ #3 Cincinnati, 8:15pm ET

Sunday is Casual Fans Confused Why The Better Team Is On The Road:

#6 Seattle @ #3 Minnesota, 1:05pm ET

#5 Green Bay @ #4 Washington, 4:35pm ET

I'm going out on a limb and say these 4 games are a big pile of Yuck. 

I disagree.

PIT/CIN is the 3rd time they've met this season with the road team winning each matchup.  Will Dalton return from injury to start?  Can Marvin Lewis FINALLY win his first playoff game in 13 seasons with the Bengals?

HOU is 6-2 since their bye week, and in those 6 wins, their defense has been really good (granted, only 1 of those wins was against a playoff team in CIN).  Can they hold up against a KC team who's won 9 in a row?

I may be nuts, but at this point in the season, I'd say Washington is a better team than Green Bay.

I do think Seattle walks all over Minnesota though.

The Steelers apparently sent the Bills a truckload of Primanti Bros. sandwiches as thanks for helping them qualify for the playoffs. 

I'm unclear if this is a reward or punishment. 

No wins watching an AFC North matchup

Anyone who says they are interested is either stuck rooting for one of those teams or has never actually watched those teams play

I'm excited for bonus football!  People talk about the Chief's epic comeback from 1-5, but I think what the Texans and 5 different quarterbacks did coming back from 2-5 was bigger.  Four of those losses were really blowouts (Chiefs, Panthers, Falcons and Dolphins).  Sure, the scores ended up making it look closer than it was, but in reality, those games were mostly over by halftime. 

There was a complete turnaround on defense that can only really be explained by the benching of Rahim Moore (our prized FA acquisition - another Texans GM Rick Smith fail).  Arguably, aside from JJ Watt, I'm not sure the Texans have another starter on defense starting right now that might start for another team (Maybe Johnathan Joseph, but he's old).  And what Bill O'Brien did with Hoyer, Yates, and Weeden was the equivalent of turning chicken shit into a still pretty disgusting chicken salad, but maybe it won't make you throw up.  Hell, if you throw out the whole Ryan Mallett experience, those three QBs all had winning records. 

I don't know what the chances are that the Texans beat the Chiefs, but I feel like we got a shot.  And if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot on offense (that's a pretty large assumption), with this defense I think we can beat anyone. 

Let's get some more hats.

The Steelers apparently sent the Bills a truckload of Primanti Bros. sandwiches as thanks for helping them qualify for the playoffs. 

I'm unclear if this is a reward or punishment. 

As someone born and raised in the Steel City but hasn't lived their for 20some years, I say it's a punishment. A reward would have been fried fish sandwiches from Wholey's those things should be the famous Pittsburgh sandwich.

I think GB/Was could be a fun game, but the Packers offense is so jacked up right now that it could also be a 20 point blowout.

As long as Seattle merc's the fuck out of Minnesota this weekend, I'll be happy.

• Like 2

You wanna know how struggling the Packers are

Skins fans and media all are swinging their dicks around about how much better they are and how they are going to easily win

You wanna know how struggling the Packers are

Skins fans and media all are swinging their dicks around about how much better they are and how they are going to easily win

If Washington wins the Super Bowl, I can imagine it being a PR nightmare for the NFL, you know with the mascot controversy and all.

Got my ticket and will be at the Redskins/Packers game. Not sure about their chance but can't pass up a playoff game an hour from my house.

It's pretty funny to think about how, early in the season, Skins tickets could be had on Sunday mornings on Stubhub for $11.

I really want to like the Bengals but come on we know exactly what's going to happen on Saturday.

Green Bay have been bad for a while but unless Aaron Rodgers actually dies in a game I would never count them totally out. Still, I repeat I have zero expectations and will accept whatever comes, short of that death.

Seattle/Minnesota and KC/Houston are two games that might have 5 combined highlights and at least one of those is going to be an Alex Smith interception.

His impressive ability to complete short passes and have no direct effect on the game outcome will be a force to be reckoned with.

But..but his audibles at the line, they singlehandedly won that game last week (according to every hack football analyst on the planet)!!!