DVDVR Message Board

2016 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

Cole is their Hogan, Bucks are Hall and Nash with Movez! Guerillas of Destiny are their Muta and Chono.

Page as X-Pac seems fair enough.

As for a Fingerpoke of Doom, that can't be how they finally end Lethal's reign. I mean, I'd laugh till I fell over if they did that, but no, can't be.

But a Survival of the Fittest finale, if it's down to 2 or 3 BC guys, then it seems like they'd have to go that route, after an epic game of Rock Paper Scissors.

Nope, not counting Omega currently, even if he has a t-shirt ad on the syndicated show.

But if I did, he'd be their Giant, because...umm, err...he was a giant compared to those blow up dolls Cornette said he embarrassed himself against?

I'll tell you what they should do, baby!  Haku didn't know that The Bullet Club was a gang and just thought it was a nice shirt his son gave him.  He confronts his sons in the parking lot to tell them he disapproves of their wildin' out with their hoodlum friends.  Young Bucks superkick him.  Haku snatches them up with the intention of murdering them.  Adam Cole hits Haku with a car and BC piles in and drives away.  Haku gets up, brushes himself off and says he has hoodlum friends as well.  Then he goozles the cameraman as the shot goes black.

At TV, Young Bucks are superkicking jabrones in the ring when...fro out, pants huge, not supportive father Haku but THE MONSTER MENG comes out to kill them.  They run away but are met in the aisle by Terry Funk and Bunkhouse Buck, THE OLD BUCKS!  Colonel Parker grabs the mic and tells the world that The Stud Stable runs the wrestling world not a gang of t-shirt wearing punk kids.  The Stable are rag-tagging the Bucks but the rest of the Bullet Club armed with chairs and clubs use the damn numbers game to turn the tide and leave the Colonel laying.

Then the Colonel travels to the chicken farm in Delaware and recruits the Briscoes to fight alongside the Stable.  And the stage is set for WAR GAMES!  The Briscoes and The Stud Stable vs. The Bullet Club.  Ain't nobody wearing no mouthpieces.  Adam Cole gon' lose all his teeth, baybay!

• Like 17

1 hour ago, BEN! said:

I'll tell you what they should do, baby!  Haku didn't know that The Bullet Club was a gang and just thought it was a nice shirt his son gave him.  He confronts his sons in the parking lot to tell them he disapproves of their wildin' out with their hoodlum friends.  Young Bucks superkick him.  Haku snatches them up with the intention of murdering them.  Adam Cole hits Haku with a car and BC piles in and drives away.  Haku gets up, brushes himself off and says he has hoodlum friends as well.  Then he goozles the cameraman as the shot goes black.

At TV, Young Bucks are superkicking jabrones in the ring when...fro out, pants huge, not supportive father Haku but THE MONSTER MENG comes out to kill them.  They run away but are met in the aisle by Terry Funk and Bunkhouse Buck, THE OLD BUCKS!  Colonel Parker grabs the mic and tells the world that The Stud Stable runs the wrestling world not a gang of t-shirt wearing punk kids.  The Stable are rag-tagging the Bucks but the rest of the Bullet Club armed with chairs and clubs use the damn numbers game to turn the tide and leave the Colonel laying.

Then the Colonel travels to the chicken farm in Delaware and recruits the Briscoes to fight alongside the Stable.  And the stage is set for WAR GAMES!  The Briscoes and The Stud Stable vs. The Bullet Club.  Ain't nobody wearing no mouthpieces.  Adam Cole gon' lose all his teeth, baybay!

Yes to this! Just take my money now.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NickMD said:

Not sure about Parker, but given Buck and Funk wrestle to a small degree this could be do-able.  Which means that I'd really, really love to see this match.

I was watching Spring Stampede 94 last night and I forgot how bad ass Bunkhouse Buck was.

On 5/10/2016 at 5:48 PM, Hail Sabin said:

AIW would be the most likely to do it I think Haku is the only they haven't booked for a show.

Parker was great the few times they brought him in. Still has the quick wit and standard dialect/dictation/tone he used in WCW, and looks exactly the same. 

Buck was another story. He just can't go and is REALLY limited nowadays. 

6 hours ago, echris1015 said:

Parker was great the few times they brought him in. Still has the quick wit and standard dialect/dictation/tone he used in WCW, and looks exactly the same. 

Buck was another story. He just can't go and is REALLY limited nowadays. 

Since Buck is so limited, have Parker talk about bringing in Buck's nephew that's crazier than Buck, crazier than the Briscoes, and possibly crazier than Terry Funk. That nephew turns out to be Necro Butcher. 

The Monster MENG/Briscoes/Necro/Funk/Col. Parker vs. Adam Cole/Young Bucks/Guerillas of Destiny/Adam Page in Steel Cage Warfare might be able to rival the ROH/CZW Cage of Death. 

Bunkhouse Buck is like 65.  Of course, he's limited.  All he needs to be able to do though is kick a Young Buck in the dick, punch a Young Buck in the face, hit a Young Buck in the head with a cowbell, and maybe do the Keller Driver.  The Keller Driver is where Bunkhouse sets up one of the Young Bucks for a piledriver while Terry Funk goes to the corner and screams "Fuck Dave Meltzer!  KELLER DRIVER!  Do you people want to see this egg sucking dog get a Keller Driver?"  and he sets foot on the bottom rope like he's going to climb to the top and then steps down, turns around and just kicks the Young Buck in the face while Bunkhouse still has him set for the piledriver.  Then Bunkhouse just drops the Young Buck on his face and Terry Funk screams, "Fuck Wade Keller too!" and they put the boots to the Young Buck.

I didn't even think of including Adam Page.  I just had it 5 vs. 5.  Page doesn't seem high enough ranking to be in the main yet.  Team him up with Chase Owens and have them get tossed around by War Machine on the undercard.  They should seriously bring in Jeff Jarrett.  He'd generate heat just for being in a ROH ring.  Should probably try and get a babyface over too.  Moose would be perfect for the spot but I can't imagine him sticking around when his contract comes up.  Maybe bring Chris Hero back.  Last time he was in this type of match he fought against ROH.  This time for ROH.

Hero/Bunkhouse/Funk/Meng/Jay Briscoe/Mark Briscoe w/ Col. Parker and ODB vs. Jarrett/Cole/Matt Jackson/Nick Jackson/Tama Tonga/Tanga Roa w/ Karen Jarrett and Scott D'Amore

• Like 3

With all due respect, I prefer my version with Necro as Bunkhouse Buck's insane nephew. Plus, my version has no JJ, Karen, and Scott D'Amore. Those three don't get "I want to see you get your ass kicked" heat from me. It's the Eva Marie "go the fuck away" heat. 

So for Best in the World PPV we've got...

ROH World Title: Jay Lethal vs. Jay Briscoe
ROH Tag Titles: The Addiction vs. Motor City Machine Guns
ROH TV Title: Bobby Fish vs. Dalton Castle
Fight Without Honor: BJ Whitmer vs. Steve Corino

also likely based on TV tapings in Toronto last night.....

Silas Young vs. ACH
Roderick Strong vs. Mark Briscoe

I want to see the MCMG win the tag titles. Alex Shelley and Jimmy Rave probably should have had a nice little reign during the height of the Embassy/Gen Next feud. In my fantasy booking, Shelley & Rave beat Jacobs & Whitmer, and then would go on to drop the titles to Aries & Strong. Plus, you get the backstory of Alex Shelley and his first ROH tag partner, Jimmy Jacobs. That would have been much better than Tony Mamaluke and Sal Rinauro. 

• Like 2

With all the things going on in the last week or 2, why in the world is Jay Briscoe getting a title shot?   Wouldn't it make sense to be someone in the Bullet Club?  I would actually say that Cabana should be the opponent but if the story about him refusing a job is true then you can't.    Makes me think we are going to get another screw job finish.

Also Cedrick Alexander will be done from ROH according to his Twitter.  Man talk about a wasted opportunity there.  Anybody who has seen him in the Carolina area know there is much more to him

8 minutes ago, hammerva said:

With all the things going on in the last week or 2, why in the world is Jay Briscoe getting a title shot?   Wouldn't it make sense to be someone in the Bullet Club?  I would actually say that Cabana should be the opponent but if the story about him refusing a job is true then you can't.    Makes me think we are going to get another screw job finish.

Also Cedrick Alexander will be done from ROH according to his Twitter.  Man talk about a wasted opportunity there.  Anybody who has seen him in the Carolina area know there is much more to him

What's the Cabana story about?  He refused to job to Lethal?

42 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Jay getting a title shot out of nowhere was kind of weird when you consider Lethal beat him clean (I think he did anyways) in his last title match not too long ago, and the Briscoes just lost clean to War Machine. 

C&C Wrestlefactory really should have gotten a tag title run.  Both Alexander and Coleman are really good.

• Like 1