DVDVR Message Board

2016 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

I really dig Adam Cole. People are stupid.

BTW - I really enjoyed Adam Page/Mark Briscoe.

I think people are going to forget about it because of the Street Fight but that was definitely the best match on the show.

Yeah, I don't get the resemblance between Corino and Mr. Wrestling III.  III wears a mask; Corino doesn't.  Totally different people.

Also, Corino wears glasses and III doesn't.  If III was Corino, he wouldn't be able to see.

The same people who think Corino is Mr. Wrestling 3 probably think Hulk Hogan was Mr. America

Yeah, I don't get the resemblance between Corino and Mr. Wrestling III.  III wears a mask; Corino doesn't.  Totally different people.

Also, Corino wears glasses and III doesn't.  If III was Corino, he wouldn't be able to see.

The same people who think Corino is Mr. Wrestling 3 probably think Hulk Hogan was Mr. America

I've said it before but I no joke didn't put together that Mr. America was Hulk Hogan.

Pretty good show tonight.  (have to get the number of wrestling shows I've seen in the US to approach the number of wrestling shows I've seen at Itabashi Green Hall)  AJ teased telling us about what he's gonna do next (tomorrow night) but Jay Lethal came in and told him to kick rocks.  Then Roderick Strong came in, then the Bullet Club came in, then War Machine came in.  The result of all this was that AJ never said anything and they made the main event Lethal/Strong/War Machine vs Bullet Club for all the ROH titles.

Bullet Club Curtain Call (can you see AJ?)

CZdRO09VAAAt61v.jpg

Can't believe they decided something with Corino's skin-and-bones 18 year old kid (who looks maybe 14, as well as just like his dad) had to be semi-competitive. That kid should have had no offense at all. And for some reason Corino's sitting there wearing a bootleg Pierroth mask. Is Heyman booking this on the side? Wait... nah, the kid would've gone through a burning table too. 

If anything it's fun to not watch ROH for a month or more, tune in out of nowhere and see something so absurd. The last time I watched a whole episode I think I was introduced to Cheeseburger. 

Also: Nigel looks gaunt, and that redhead... woof! 

Speaking of whom, whatever happened to Seleziya Sparx?

Tried repeatedly to cross the Canada-US border for an AIW show in 2014 without a work visa and was banned from entering the US for five years.

I voted for Clinton twice and I could have sworn that "let thick hot chicks cross the border freely" was a provision of NAFTA.

• Like 4

Think it was a one-shot deal for Strong's open challenge, but he showed more technical skill than I would have thought.

It was sloppy as hell but way more watchable than the usual ROH match, 

Speaking of whom, whatever happened to Seleziya Sparx?

Tried repeatedly to cross the Canada-US border for an AIW show in 2014 without a work visa and was banned from entering the US for five years.

Strange. Colt Cabana has said for years that wrestlers are considered performance artists and no longer need visas.