DVDVR Message Board

2016 US Indy General Discussion (if it doesn't already have a thread)

21 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Isn't "guy working a gimmick where he claims to be the illegitimate son of another wrestler" a staple of just about every low budget indy out there?

Son of Doink has no idea what you are talking about.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2016 at 6:15 PM, HumanChessgame said:

Isn't "guy working a gimmick where he claims to be the illegitimate son of another wrestler" a staple of just about every low budget indy out there?

Around here,MS/LA area,it isn't that common. Besides Mike Carter there is Nathan The Memphis Mauler Lawler/Aulridge. But he is a distant cousin of the Lawlers. And there is Rodney Mack who is the legit nephew of JYD.

There is the main event. Mike Carter/Calvin Rose vs Prince of Pain Joe Kane/Sassy Vegas.

On 5/4/2016 at 9:30 PM, RandomAct said:

I wanted to come out of retirement as Ice Train II, and claim to be his son.  I'm also white.

Since I wore my Ultimo Guerrero mask while at the show had a bunch of kids ask me "Are you Sin Cara's cousin?" Told them "Nope I am Rey Jr's cousin. We don't claim Sin Cara anymore."

• Like 2

On 5/1/2016 at 9:58 PM, eastcoast_joe said:

Hopefully, I'm not doing something wrong out of the gate  I've been at CRZ's board forever and am a regular at Northeast Wrestling events which isn't really a blip on the radar, and I'm sure you don't care one way or the other, but this is happening and I'm pretty fired up about to have a front row seat.  It should be a good time.20160507e.jpg

This did not disappoint.  Very few people seemed to know who Kamaitchi is, but by the end everyone was pretty engaged.  

Dijak also had a great match vs local talent TK O'Ryan who is a relative newbie, but is a high riser.  I love Dijak who has transformed from stiff to a guy with no ceiling, but my God some of the risks he is taking are scary.  He barely got around taking a belly to back suplex off the top, and I mean barely.  Nice match though and nice card.  A little something for everyone.

One of the local rasslin groups had matches at the St. Louis Cinco De Mayo Festival...they wrapped up RIGHT before it started pouring down rain.  Fastest ring breakdown I'd ever seen that didn't involve the cops being called and Gary Jay asking if I could give him a ride home.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2016 at 10:30 PM, RandomAct said:

I wanted to come out of retirement as Ice Train II, and claim to be his son.  I'm also white.

The result of Fire & Ice.

Does Freight Train know who his father is?  I mean, Ice Train was M.I. Smooth.  Freight Train always talks about his smooth belly.  I'm not Maury Povich but the proof seems pretty conclusive to me.

• Like 1

Well at the Gulf South Wrestling Bullet Bob Armstrong Retirement show Saturday in Chickasaw AL,Bullet Bob didn't show up. Kept hearing he had some kind of infection. What was kind of scummy was the promoter knew at least 3 hours before the meet and greet started and said nothing. Intermission hits and again nothing is said. Then intermission ends and he comes to the ring "Some horrible person slashed all four of Bullet Bob's tires so he can't make it. But we got him on the phone." And some guy held a phone up to the mic and for 3 minutes we heard nothing as the promoter talked to "Bullet Bob" on the phone.

After the show at least 4 fans asked for their money back,and got told they wouldn't get it back and were banned from GSW shows.

Then went Sunday to the Wrestle Birmingham Legacy show. Was held right outside Birmingham. And had listed Robert and Ron Fuller,Jimmy Golden,Action Jackson the old Memphis guy,Tracy Smothers,Derrick King and Chase Stevens  plus Bullet Bob and the Armstrong family. I was thinking if Bob shows up to this show I am betting he had money issues with the other fed. Bob and none of the Armstrongs showed up. No mention was made of them. 

But hey at the GSW show got to watch the Golden Corral Doink vs Heidenreich match with the guy who was the ring announcer in that match,Eddie something. He worked a bunch of the early TNA Weekly PPVs. Then got to watch Will Ospreay vs Ricochet with Tracy Smothers and Robert Fuller. That more than made up for not getting to see Bullet Bob.

zweJh3zl.jpg

If you live anywhere near CT Northeast Wrestling just announced Liger vs Cody Rhodes in their Bethany CT venue August 28th.  The place is tiny and tickets are only $30.  Sami Callihan will also be there, but seeing Liger in a setting like this is going to be wild.    This is where they do their monthly show and I go to all of them and they are fun, but they have never had anyone on the level of Rhodes or Liger there before.  Hyped.

• Like 1