DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

On 10/2/2016 at 3:47 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

ARGH I'M TRAPPED IN A BUBBLE AGAIN! AND I'VE BEEN TOLD HOW TO GET OUT AND I CAN'T. 

Oh well, anyway, just having a doomsday scenario thought about the hurricane wiping out the arena TNA's in. That would be the most TNA of all TNA.

So after reading Meltzer's latest comments on Dixie's stalling about telling talent (or anyone else) who fronted the money for the PPV and this weekend's tapings, I'm kinda expecting Dixie to finally call a meeting to tell the wrestlers everything there is to tell about where the money came from, who is buying the company, the tape library, etc.  And, this being Dixie, the wrestlers will assemble and just as Dixie is about to tell them who the new owner is ("And the new owner of the company is...."), Hurricane Matthew strikes and the winds blow Dixie aloft and carry her out to sea. 

She'll survive, of course, but the wrestlers still won't have any of their questions answered.

The "who paid for the tapings" thing being such an impenetrable mystery makes me think the answer is probably Vince.

4 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

So after reading Meltzer's latest comments on Dixie's stalling about telling talent (or anyone else) who fronted the money for the PPV and this weekend's tapings, I'm kinda expecting Dixie to finally call a meeting to tell the wrestlers everything there is to tell about where the money came from, who is buying the company, the tape library, etc.  And, this being Dixie, the wrestlers will assemble and just as Dixie is about to tell them who the new owner is ("And the new owner of the company is...."), Hurricane Matthew strikes and the winds blow Dixie aloft and carry her out to sea. 

She'll survive, of course, but the wrestlers still won't have any of their questions answered.

The "who paid for the tapings" thing being such an impenetrable mystery makes me think the answer is probably Vince.

When all else fails and there's no logical conclusion to the angle...fuck it, how 'bout Hornswaggle?

10 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

Not sure what the blank quote is from...

But anyways, I wonder how much longer Shop TNA will last.  Should I hurry up and buy all those autographed 8x10s of SoCal Val that I've been putting off, and do I get free gum when I do?

Sorry, but all wrestlers everywhere should tell everyone they're all out of bubblegum.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, badfish69 said:

Why would the wrestlers give a damn if she sold the tape library anyway?  If I was working there I would be stoked at the possibility of more that 100 people seeing my matches.

In the long term, it would mean one less potential revenue stream for the company.  If I'm AJ or Joe, I'm stoked, because my eventual DVD collection is going to be pretty bitchin'.  If I'm someone actually working for TNA, I'm wondering just how good the international TV deals are, because that's just about the only place money is going to come from.  

Also, handing over the company's legacy to Vince to do whatever he wants with it is a little scary.

42 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

In the long term, it would mean one less potential revenue stream for the company.  If I'm AJ or Joe, I'm stoked, because my eventual DVD collection is going to be pretty bitchin'.  If I'm someone actually working for TNA, I'm wondering just how good the international TV deals are, because that's just about the only place money is going to come from.  

Also, handing over the company's legacy to Vince to do whatever he wants with it is a little scary.

Depends- though.

Revenue wise, the DVD releases have fallen dramatically from even when TNA DVDs could be found in stores, which hurts the revenue stream there.

It also leads to a bigger question for TNA workers or the possibility to add a second revenue stream (the $64,000 question there: WWE had previously purchased a partial video library from an active promotion when they bought the OVW library in 2008 (and didn't buy any subsequent OVW shows). When WWE puts an OVW match on their DVDs or on shows, does WWE pay OVW anything for that match? [they don't legally 'have' to, but WWE has done enough for other promotions like ECW in the past to show they may very well agree to anyway.] )

If that were the case, then it could open up a particularly lucrative stream for TNA- more lucrative than even TNA releasing their own DVDs.

The DVDs are going to at least have higher production values. TNA may not see a dime of this thou but the wrestlers may benefit from royalties.

This is kinda crazy but... what if WWE Network becomes like a Netflix/Hulu for the smaller promotions. They can host the tape library of other promotions for a pittance (exchange for exposure), benefiting from the extra content.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, badfish69 said:

Why would the wrestlers give a damn if she sold the tape library anyway?  If I was working there I would be stoked at the possibility of more that 100 people seeing my matches.

Agree here, and maybe they would see some royalties.....but then again maybe not.  Who know what kind of shit deal Dixie would sign, but i guarantee it would be the talent getting fucked out of money.  Plus, it seems like WWE isn't really great on paying royalties to lesser known talents.  

14 hours ago, badfish69 said:

Why would the wrestlers give a damn if she sold the tape library anyway?

Because it means she lied to them to their faces.

19 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Wasn't it Gail Kim's billionaire husband just so she could get that worthless HOF verbal blowjob she was desperately seeking?

4 minutes ago, DTTW said:

Wasn't it Gail Kim's billionaire husband just so she could get that worthless HOF verbal blowjob she was desperately seeking?

That was an internet theory. I mean it very well could have been but absolutely nothing has been confirmed yet.

• Like 1

The TV contracts and the tape library are really the only assets of any value that TNA possesses.

Anybody that buys the company can replace the physical assets, talent, and the branding.  They won't be able to fulfill some of those TV deals without the tape library though because they won't have enough content.

22 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

My money has been on Vince all along.  If Dixie comes out and says something the wrestlers will start to speculate about a complete buyout moving to NXT.

I am sure Vince just wants the tape library and the Hardy contracts.  

Any mention of Vince starts unnecessary speculation especially if Corgan wants to rebrand the company.  It also makes the rebranding difficult since wrestlers will want to know why they are not going to NXT.

3 hours ago, Dewar said:

I am quite confused as to how Gail Kim would receive a blowjob.

Robert is a chef, so I bet they use food in their love making. I could see Irvine going down on a cucumber or carrot placed between Gail's legs.

• Like 1