DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

I don't think there's any way in hell Johnny ends up in Houston other than to party. I don't think Bill O'Brien wants anything to do with RG3 either, but we're so QB starved who knows. I think we'll draft some no name QB in the 4th round and sign a McCown or some other shitty backup QB. That's what we do! Maybe Tom Savage is the answer. Most likely not, but hey, we don't know that yet!

Watt and RG3, two platitude-spewing attention whores in one place, would be amazing. They'll either be best friends or mortal enemies. Maybe they can get matching letterman jackets.
Would any team go from irrelevant jojo to elite, delusional heel faster? If Bob goes there I'm rooting for them.

(I'm referring to their heel status more than their success when I say elite)

We're not irrelevant! We've been to the playoffs 3 out of the last five years!
(Pats Lawful on the head.)

Sure thing, champ.

Slow down, Vincey. The Panthers are one Cam Newton Achilles or ACL tear from being the Texans.

We already have a (silver) Super Bowl ring, so, no.

CYypIeLUwAATwJu.jpg

Judging by the new Rams logo, they're not going back to the classic Blue & Gold combo which makes me sad.

The NFL has a two year process for logo and/or color changes so they can't change officially until 2018. I bet they hold off changing until 2019 when the new stadium opens or they can do what the Penguins do and wear the throwbacks 50% of the time.

Joe Philbin is the new OL coach for Indianapolis.

Ironically, he was fired partially because of his shitty offensive line.

Word is he's planning to bring in Marvin Harrison as a behavioral consultant.

I expect him to phase out the Rams name for something horrible at some point and probably make the uniforms completely white from helmet to shoes with just black outlines on the numbers. They'll be the Los Angeles Galloping Ghosts and for no reason accidentally have a mascot that seems like a KKK member riding around on a horse in their debut.

I thought it was going to be awesome they were showing a rebroadcast of Super Bowl I on NFL Network until it turned into a episode of NFL Network guys talking too damn much.   It is the full game but the NFL Films version and the only time they showed CBS or NBC footage was the player entrances.  

Although Fred "The Hammer" Williamson is still a bad ass and a great shit talker.  

Draft order update.

If Pittsburgh loses:

25) Steelers (10-6, .504 Strength of Schedule)

26) Seahawks (10-6, .520)

27) Packers (10-6, .531)

28) Chiefs (11-5)

If Denver loses

25) Seahawks (10-6, .520)

26) Packers (10-6, .531)

27) Chiefs (11-5)

28) Broncos (13-3)