DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Hasn't Toronto been batted around as a possible location for a franchise too?

Moving the Chargers and Raiders both to L.A. would be stupid IMO unless you swap one of them over to the NFC and move the Rams to the AFC. 

Well, from the SportsCenter FaceBook page:

The NFL's six-owner Committee on Los Angeles Opportunities has recommended the joint bid between The Oakland Raiders & San Diego Chargers.

So, it appears that it is the Rams that are hosed. Particularly since Kroenke has basically told St. Louis to go fuck itself.

The Rams aren't really hosed yet, the Charger/Raiders Carson stadium plan still needs 24 owners to vote for them to relocate and Kroenke has enough no votes on his side to block the move. Also the 6 owner committee was stacked with pro-Spanos guys and the chair Jerry Richardson has some sorta beef with Kroenke so the vote shouldn't be that surprising. 

I really want chaos to happen, Chargers and Raiders get their move approved and Kroenke doesn't so he pulls an Al Davis and moves anyway since he technically can and already has a deal with USC to play in the Coliseum until his stadium is finished. 

• Like 1

as noted - the voting is between the two two team proposals.

The one where just the Rams move is not being considered

And yes - if the Raiders and Chargers move and share a stadium, one HAS TO switch to the NFC due to league rules

(see the Giants and Jets)

So if it's Raiders and Chargers, then I guess the Rams get swapped with the one who moves?

Actually, since Houston is farther west than St. Louis, the logical move is to move the Texans to the AFC West and stick the Rams in the AFC South. Then again, the Cowboys are in the NFC East so I don't think the league is too concerned about geography.

• Like 1

New York City doesn't have a team and New Jersey has two so it's not like there isn't still a ton of room for shuffling.

The Jaguars are obviously going to move eventually, playing games in that empty cavernous concrete thing. Probably to St. Louis lol

Just wondering here, have you been to the area Metlife is in? It's not New York City only in the most technical sense.

Plus, I don't think there's anywhere in the city proper to build a new NFL sized stadium.

Having teams in both Toronto and Buffalo would either create an amazing rivalry or kill the territory dead.

Which is why I think the Bills were the only team ever rumored there. The Toronto "Series" seemed to be a flop too, so I would think Canada won't be getting a team anytime soon. . . 

Reports are now saying that it looks like the Rams will move to the stadium in Carson and the Chargers will be given the option to move to Inglewood

The Raiders are going to have to at a minimum get financially compensated because they have the agree with the Chargers to share

(The Raiders COULD move to St Louis but obviously that wouldn't be this year.)

(The Raiders COULD move to St Louis but obviously that wouldn't be this year.)

"The St. Louis Raiders" just sounds wrong.

Oakland Raiders is basically the best combination of city, team, and team name in all of sports.  That team belongs in Oakland.