DVDVR Message Board

2016 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

That looks sweet, until the guy from Disney put his best "if I talk quietly maybe people won't pay attention" routine on when he explained that you have to own the fucking toys to use a character. That's brutal.

• Like 1

So, this is apparently a thing.

Panzermadels: Tank Dating Simulator

Erwin Lemmor just got transferred to a prestigious military academy to study Armored Warfare. But when he arrives, Erwin realizes it's not Tank School, but "Tank School" for World War II Tanks. Who happen to look just like Japanese School Girls...!

Instead of studying military history and doctrine, he's in "Basic Artillery Computations for Fire Support 101", and "Radio Operations 214". Will he win the heart of the tank-girls, or end up as cannon fodder? Only you can decide in, "Panzermadels: Tank Dating Simulator".

I don't understand, and I'm not necessarily sure that I'm supposed to.

That looks sweet, until the guy from Disney put his best "if I talk quietly maybe people won't pay attention" routine on when he explained that you have to own the fucking toys to use a character. That's brutal.

Yeah, that does suck. But I don't really even know how buying this game works. Do I have to buy Disney Infinity 3.0 and get this as DLC? Is it a standalone thing? Will it be $60?

I am probably mistaken but I believe you need Infinity 3.0, the base set, and then characters. The base set is $15-20, each character is about $15 Canadian, so about 25 cents USD. The 2.0 Avengers and Guardians figures work for 3.0 though. 

Got X-Men Legends II in the mail today, and it won't run. Even though the demo ran fine a few days ago. I hate PC gaming so much.

Probably need yourself some missing .dll's.

Got X-Men Legends II in the mail today, and it won't run. Even though the demo ran fine a few days ago. I hate PC gaming so much.

Probably need yourself some missing .dll's.

Wouldn't it pop up something that says I'm missing them? In this case, nothing happens. The Windows screen that says "Are you sure you want this program to make changes to your blah blah blah?" thing happens, I click "Yes", then nothing happens. No error, nothing.

Depends on your operating system. Sometimes it doesn't show it and you need to try it in different compatibility modes and one will pop. Had that issue getting Final Fantasy XIII to run on a Windows 10 machine. Wouldn't do anything, then tried it on 8 compatibility mode and it kicked the missing dll at me.

Also, just DL the whole DirextX console from MS and install it. It puts the old dll's that they thought wouldn't he needed anymore back in.

This is what I ran into trying to install The Movies on Windows 10.  It just wouldn't load because of the DRM mess.  I found a crack and it MOSTLY works, but crashes often.  Old games are kinda SOL with Windows 10.

I'm actually getting slowdown with a bunch of stuff I didn't have with my 8.1 machine. I'm still tweaking the under the hood stuff though. I know the memory page file problem and fixed that and sped everything up, but there's stI'll some issues

On the other end of the scale... Blizzard put out the first Diablo II patch in 5 years and a Warcraft III patch is forthcoming, first in 4 years. Patches will boost compatibility with modern OS's. Lots of speculation Starcraft to follow.

I haven't touched any of those in a long time but God bless them anyway. Quality company.