DVDVR Message Board

Raw 12-28-15

MGFanJay

The opening segment had potential and then derailed quickly. Then it got worse with Steph, which led to us getting tons and tons of recap of all this crap. Owens vs. Neville was a way to "get Neville over", but Owens wound up shining far brighter in defeat kicking his ass and then Dean later. Okay closing angle and main event though.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/12/wwe-raw-12-28-15.html

Screens - 

d468ad455068888.jpg 

694bc5455068897.jpg 

322d37455078115.jpg 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/g7pteetfmxn8uzay7ajxcwfd8jmgxmed

• Like 1

The second hour was really bad other than New Day drawing some laughs, but even then another Sin Cara injury? And a bunch of things no one cared about.

I clearly hate Stephanie less than most people but then again I haven't been watching this shit non stop for 3 years either.

Main event was fine with the obvious result. I did find it a bit strange that with Cena returning that neither Cena or Del Rio were in a single segment all night until the main event though. Kind of weird Cena just went missing for the finishing segment after his match, kind of a WCW vibe where the faces always fail to unite.

Has there been an explanation for why Lana manages Rusev, but isn't there in League of Nations segments?

I feel cheated that we didn't get a "Vince in Jail" skit using the magic wrestling invisible camera.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Is there anyone here who wants to make the case that 2016 will be the year of Zack Ryder?  Because that was a proposal made this evening.

Wow, the opening and closing segments show how out of touch Vince is. It was like I traveled back in time to 1998.

At least they made Owens look like a killer.

A good bit of that, though, was the sell job on the powerbomb done by Cole's throat lozenges.  They really know how to make someone look strong.

Is there anyone here who wants to make the case that 2016 will be the year of Zack Ryder? Because that was a proposal made this evening.

Wow, the opening and closing segments show how out of touch Vince is. It was like I traveled back in time to 1998.

A good bit of that, though, was the sell job on the powerbomb done by Cole's throat lozenges. They really know how to make someone look strong.

Do you think he uses Ricola lozenges? I like the cherry ones. My brand loyalty to Ricola is due to Claudio Castagnoli and the Ricola Bomb.

• Like 1

I am so glad that I had this on tonight.

When they go back to Brooklyn, they should filter the crowd to only let the fans who came to NXT into the arena. NXT fans can be annoying, but they don't shit on everything just to fucking do it. That Sasha/Becky match wasn't great, but it was okay. It wasn't any worse than most matches. No need to chant "BORING" at it. That crowd was just ready to shit on Roman or anything else that wasn't pertinent to the guys they wanted.

Vince was trying his best and is totally a top-five heel of all time, but man, this stuff didn't sit well with me tonight. Stephanie is actively awful on the mic at this point. The Vince mug shot is pretty fantastic, though. 

I still don't know why they had to create the League of Nations and align them to the Authority when The New Day is right fucking there already.

This Royal Rumble coming up is probably going to be pretty shitty, and man, am I looking forward to seeing how they book the show in a way completely converse to what the dudebro smarks want to see.  

Is there anyone here who wants to make the case that 2016 will be the year of Zack Ryder? Because that was a proposal made this evening.

A good bit of that, though, was the sell job on the powerbomb done by Cole's throat lozenges. They really know how to make someone look strong.

Do you think he uses Ricola lozenges? I like the cherry ones. My brand loyalty to Ricola is due to Claudio Castagnoli and the Ricola Bomb.

They got a lot of screen time. Check Fanjay's screenshots.  If any of them were wearing short shorts, you should be able to tell their brand.

• Like 2

That rich white millionaire Vince McMahon would book an angle where he cried POLICE BRUTALITY. . .

Yeah.  Happy New Year, pal.

This is exactly what he should be doing. Hippie Vince McMahon would break my cold black heart.

I don't expect Vince to become Mr. Socially Aware--but don't they have someone on the payroll that knows better?

That's not a serious question, BTW.  Because, nah.

That rich white millionaire Vince McMahon would book an angle where he cried POLICE BRUTALITY. . .

Yeah.  Happy New Year, pal.

I must say that I thought of Tamir Rice immediately, and fairly or not, it really soured me on the angle right then and there. 

In a sport that asks me to suspend my disbelief quite often, VINCE MCMAHON objecting to ROMAN REIGNS as the face of the WWE is really, really pushing it.

Reigns is the milquetoast suit-wearing type that Vince has been waiting for since Austin ripped off that suit and stunned McMahon after WM 14. Vince McMahon the character must be losing it upstairs. Hey, maybe this is leading to a tasteless senility angle where Steph and HHH go to the board to try and push Vince out! Then, desperate, he must ask for the support of Roman Reigns and the Roman Empire to preserve his place as the leader of WWE. 

In a sport that asks me to suspend my disbelief quite often, VINCE MCMAHON objecting to ROMAN REIGNS as the face of the WWE is really, really pushing it.

It's not that they object to Reigns--Triple H has said as much--but they want him to play by their twisted standards and he refuses.  So if he won't their corporate champion, screw him.

It's very curious that the fans chanted WE WANT SASHA for months until they got her, then instantly didn't give a shit when she was in long matches on TV. 

That crowd just wanted to chant for something that they assumed that Vince didn't want to give him. They don't actually care about Sasha Banks because she's a woman and doesn't do flippies like Seth Rollins does. They just figured that if Vince wants Charlotte, they want Sasha and will chant her name to disrupt the show.

The hottest feud of the year in this company is the power struggle between teenage and twentysomething male fans and Vince McMahon. 

Yeah. Happy New Year, pal.

This is exactly what he should be doing. Hippie Vince McMahon would break my cold black heart.

I don't expect Vince to become Mr. Socially Aware--but don't they have someone on the payroll that knows better?

That's not a serious question, BTW. Because, nah.

I'm sure they do, but these people value their job, so they bite their tongue.