DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF Week 1

Dolfan in NYC

As a Kansas fan, tonight was kind of a best case scenario. Yeah, we're shit, but I'm a miserable enough person to derive joy from the failings of my neighbors. It's nights like this I'm reminded why I don't delete my facebook account.

• Like 1

As I've said in the past, people have used the phrase "Pulling a Clemson" or "Clemsoning" for a reason. I can't imagine things will change this year.

Apparently Matt Millen wonders if Ole Miss' Tony Connor is related to the Terminator's mother.I can't think of a single level that works on.

It is good to know that Millen isn't just clueless when it comes to running a football team.

BTW FS1 needs to get better cameras, the ESPN coverage is blowing them away visually. . .how the hell did cbs sports get the USC-hawaii game?

I did not notice anything too bad from the short amount of time I watched that channel. I now do wish I saw more of the Kansas State game. I do know that their Phantom Cam is pretty great. And as it was at Hawaii CBS Sports Network got it as it's a Mountain West game.

I know this was posted in years past but a handy guide for knowing what's on which station is this guide from an LSU fan site.

Ooof. Hey, Urb, when you're the coach of a team that's coming off a bowl ban for players receiving impermissable benefits, and all of college football has recently been embroiled in controversy related to a high profile player taking money for his autograph, maybe it's not the best idea to refer to "game day" as "pay day."

I'm a little concerned with how forcefully all the pundits are writing off Virginia Tech today. I mean, I think Alabama wins, but if the light ever comes on for Logan Thomas, he's going to be a scary player to deal with. Hopefully that doesn't happen today.

I think Florida's problem right is they've got too many guys wearing cut-off jerseys with their midriffs out. That's only okay if you run 330. And even then, really, kinda not, but we respect the fact that you're comfortable with your body. But if you're 220lbs of shredded muscle, you're just a douche. Roll your shirt down.

I love all the analysis they're providing for Johnny's sideline activities. At one point, someone definitely said, "He seems to be displaying an appropriate level of conversation with his teammates."

I blame Jay Cutler for this.