DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL Preseason

Dolfan in NYC

Didn't a tie happen the year before McNabb made that comment?

EDIT: Looking at wikipedia, the most recent tie before that game was in 2002, six years earlier.

The craziest thing I found was that after 1974 when OT was put in for the regular season, there have only been 18 ties. Two of them were in back-to-back weeks in 1997.

The McNabb hate in Philly comes from never forgiving a percieved choke job in the Super Bowl, and never getting back there.  Add in media holding him up as an elite QB and never winning a ring, which we've never had.

Continued hate considering how shitty we've had it since comes from us Philly fans being the shittiest sports fans in the world and not appriceating our good servants unless they brought Championships.

Only Papale escapes this (good history with no titles, and even married a friggin Giants fan), but that's because he was one of us, the best of us, that rose above us all.

Raziel basically sums it up, but also Philly fans hate being proven wrong. A lot of us still think the Eagles would be better off with Ricky Williams despite the fact that he basically decided he'd rather smoke doob than play football.

In other news, Cleveland has been mathematiclly eliminated from the playoffs.

Too soon? :)

Only technically.

In the meantime, get ready for the Lions going all...  er, hopefully bouncing somewhat back from last year.

Only technically.

In the meantime, get ready for the Lions going all...  er, hopefully bouncing somewhat back from last year.

They did a respectable amount of offseason repairs. I'm glad to see they're sticking with Stafford. He's not elite by any stretch, but the guy's a hoss and he'll carry that time and smile the whole time. He's kinda like a Flutie in that regard. He won't ever put up superstar numbers, but his consistency will carry him all the way to Akron.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Agreed, two years ago he threw for 5k and 41 touchdowns vs. 16 int's.  Those are superstar numbers.  Last year was a cluster despite almost getting 5k again, but he's got the talent and I think he has the head to be a superstar.  This year will be a big year for him.  LeShoure and Bush should help.

They did a respectable amount of offseason repairs. I'm glad to see they're sticking with Stafford. He's not elite by any stretch, but the guy's a hoss and he'll carry that time and smile the whole time. He's kinda like a Flutie in that regard. He won't ever put up superstar numbers, but his consistency will carry him all the way to Akron.

I don't know what Stafford will end up doing in Akron, but it's way more likely that he ends up doing something there than in Canton, which is where the Hall of Fame is. 

• Like 2

If Stafford has a few more seasons like his last two, his career stats will start to verge on HOF territory.  If he has, say, 5 more.  But the Lions can't win having him throw the ball 700 times a season, at least not consistently. 

They need a much better running game, and god I hope they get it.

Speaking of the Browns, how deep is the 2014 NFL Draft supposed to be?  Are there a bunch of transcendent "Andrew Luck-esque" QBs at the top?

Can't be worse than this year.

I'm very curious about which Christian Ponder we're going to get out of the gate.  2 consecutive excellent drafts give me a lot of hope for the next few years.

If you didn't have enough of the RG3 wedding registry gate reporting a couple months ago, now we have RG3 and the Hooters waitress in Richmond texting during the time of the wedding:

http://bustedcoverage.com/2013/07/15/rg3-his-internet-side-piece-meredith-barber-recap/

Allegedly of course ^_^

Let me put this out there for all would-be pro athlete groupies:  If the man buys you the $99.99 starter necklace from the Jane Seymour collection at Jared, you are not important to him.  He will not leave his main piece for you.  You're nothing to him, you can be discarded, you will be replaced and when you run to the media to tell your story, we will laugh at you for being so stupid.

This lesson in Heaux-nomtry was brought to you by the BLR/Save No Professional Heauxes Foundation.  Thank you.

• Like 1